Coastal Kitchen and Junior Suites?

We will be sailing on Quantum next February and whilst on the telephone and later by email to Crown and Anchor I asked about Coastal Kitchen and was told 'sorry ma'm Junior Suites are not allowed in Coastal Kitchen'  Where do I go from here as it makes no sense that different rules apply from ship to ship!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kelly kipper said:

We will be sailing on Quantum next February and whilst on the telephone and later by email to Crown and Anchor I asked about Coastal Kitchen and was told 'sorry ma'm Junior Suites are not allowed in Coastal Kitchen'  Where do I go from here as it makes no sense that different rules apply from ship to ship!

I'd pursue this onboard, taking a copy of Royal's suite perks document:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We've been led to believe that the MDR broilers are not as hot as the ones in Chops, so the "Chops Filet" they sell in MDR will not be quite as well prepared. 

I'm not sure about the equipment in CK.  I do know that Harmony and Symphony have better CK kitchens that Oasis and Allure due to them being new builds

I thought steaks were cooked on a no flame electric grill. Similar to a flat grill you would cook eggs on but with ridges??  That’s what we have seen in Galley Tours. Are they broiled after searing?

19 minutes ago, kelly kipper said:

Thankyou, but it does not mention Quantum sailing out of Singapore

True, the document does not mention anything about specific ports or ships.

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, STANMELB said:

We are in 14640. Had the same cabin last year on the Oasis in March. While this is a good price for July. Only paid $3300 for the 2 of us last March.

Sweet suite deal John!  You are really good at digging up those bargains!  🙂 

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I thought steaks were cooked on a no flame electric grill. Similar to a flat grill you would cook eggs on but with ridges??  That’s what we have seen in Galley Tours. Are they broiled after searing?

Beats me, I was just told they had different equipment 

On 5/19/2019 at 12:52 PM, Truluv said:

This is probably dumb for someone approaching Diamond Plus (seems like I should know more about RCL), but is the food & service that much better (or unique) in the CK? 

My family ate in CK twice last December. The food was wonderful, but we had better service from our wonderful MDR servers. We had the early dinner service, with the same servers each time, so that probably made a difference. Plus, we were sailing with our adult autistic daughter, and the MDR staff was great with her.

• Like 1