Coastal Kitchen and Junior Suites?

53 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

Last July on the Allure there were 11 Pinnacles. This week on the Allure there are 31 Pinnacles.

Last June on the Oasis there were 22 Pinnacles.

We were on last June. Fun cruise. 😱

20180621_073849.thumb.jpg.0108b6f0a8cdd3e81e3bee7bab23a481.jpg

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've sailed with 60 in the fall.  No big deal. 

President cruise had 250, that was a big deal

Our other sailings on Oasis Class, if I recall correctly, had less than 10 P’s.  Maybe Allure in January had a few more but just don’t recall. Wasn’t enough to affect our cruise. 

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Wow!!! Loved Harmony but not with that many P’s onboard. I guess it’s a Port Canaveral thing. 

Didn’t seem to be any issues for us. We only sat in the SL one night and when we arrived for our 7:30 dinner the evenings we dined there, the lounge area never looked crowded. Had a nice pinnacle lunch on the last sea day.   We were invited to a suite/pinnacle sail away on the helipad that was not crowded. 

Not it sure how fewer P’s would have made a difference. 

M

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Didn’t seem to be any issues for us. We only sat in the SL one night and when we arrived for our 7:30 dinner the evenings we dined there, the lounge area never looked crowded. Had a nice pinnacle lunch on the last sea day.   We were invited to a suite/pinnacle sail away on the helipad that was not crowded. 

Not it sure how fewer P’s would have made a difference. 

M

With the exception of folks who think 2 pins is to many, 36 is very manageable. 

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I've sailed with 60 in the fall.  No big deal. 

President cruise had 250, that was a big deal

The service in SL/CK was dismal that September cruise and the staff, manager in SL/CK pointed the finger at the Pins on that sailing.  On several nights one of that group of Pins even snapped photos of my family and I at our table while we had dinner.  Of course you don't think it is a "big deal" when someone's cruise is affected because you are part of that population.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Andy C said:

The service in SL/CK was dismal that September cruise and the staff, manager in SL/CK pointed the finger at the Pins on that sailing.  On several nights one of that group of Pins even snapped photos of my family and I at our table while we had dinner.  Of course you don't think it is a "big deal" when someone's cruise is affected because you are part of that population.  

I'm sure he did. He told you what you wanted to hear. If I had complained about slow service he might have said it was because of all the special non menu meals being made for a SKY passengers table. 😉

Know your audience. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm sure he did. He told you what you wanted to hear. If I had complained about slow service he might have said it was because of all the special non menu meals being made for a SKY passengers table. 😉

Know your audience. 

I'll never know but the comments were unsolicited and they were continually made throughout the week each time unsolicited.  

• Thanks 1

This is probably dumb for someone approaching Diamond Plus (seems like I should know more about RCL), but is the food & service that much better (or unique) in the CK?  I will be solo in a JS on Anthem in Feb.  I've never tried the CK, and wondering if it's worth trying to get in.

Edited by Truluv
Addition of info
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Truluv said:

This is probably dumb for someone approaching Diamond Plus, but is the food & service that much better (or unique) in the CK?  I will be solo in a JS on Anthem in Feb.  I've never tried the CK, and wondering if it's worth trying to get in.

Food is subjective.  Why not try and decide for yourself?

14 minutes ago, Truluv said:

This is probably dumb for someone approaching Diamond Plus (seems like I should know more about RCL), but is the food & service that much better (or unique) in the CK?  I will be solo in a JS on Anthem in Feb.  I've never tried the CK, and wondering if it's worth trying to get in.

We have eaten in Coastal Kitchen on Anthem and had excellent food and service.  We felt Anthem CK was better than Oasis.  We reserved dinner for the entire week once CK opened on boarding day.  There is a podium outside Coastal Kitchen where you can make your reservations, there is someone there when the restaurant is open.  Some people have been able to make reservations for CK on Anthem in their cruise planner but they were never available when we checked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Truluv said:

For clarification, I've requested others' subjective opinions.  Sometimes a really fast response is not a helpful one.

What's the risk to try CK for yourself?  Not costing you anything.  No one's opinion is more relevant than your own.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Truluv said:

For clarification, I've requested others' subjective opinions.  Sometimes a really fast response is not a helpful one.

Could not agree more; well stated.  .  And to answer your question - the service is very good.  The food is slightly better than MDR but then again anything is better than MDR.  

1 hour ago, Truluv said:

Truluv, I travel often on the Anthem, and always solo.  I eat most of my meals in CK.  The staff there make every one of those meals a delight.  Too bad we are just missing each other...............I'll be on for all of January. 

In other words - the food is very good, the staff is wonderful, and every effort will be made to make you feel  comfortable and happy.

Hang out in the Diamond Lounge.  You may meet people in junior suites who would enjoy your company for dinner.  🙂 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Truluv said:

You should definitely go to CK.  The food we ordered was very good.  We sailed Anthem in April and didn't have any trouble getting a reservation for 2 but we ate later than normal & were open to various times.  We did not even remember to make reservations till late on Day 1 and never planned to eat there every night.

I do have to say we found that while the service was very good, it felt too snobbish for us.  I understand it is a suite restaurant and some guests expect this type of service, but we generally prefer a little more laid back feel.  ymmv

Give the restaurant a try or two.  If we ever end up on another sailing in a cabin that gives us access to CK, we would definitely be open to trying it again.

Thank you so much, Andy, Merion (sorry to miss you!) and Ptod.  That's exactly what I wanted to know!  I'll be having a birthday on my solo cruise, so I may look into scheduling the CK that day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy C said:

Could not agree more; well stated.  .  And to answer your question - the service is very good.  The food is slightly better than MDR but then again anything is better than MDR.  

Actually-there a few items we like on the dining room menu and usually eat dinner there a time or two during a week long cruise. We have a nice table for two and always have good service in the MDR

Recently  we mentioned  to one of the CK waiters that we would be going to the dining in the next evening as we liked a  particular entrée. He was very kind and offered to have the entrée for us in CK. We didn’t want to  take him up on the offer as we know he is busy, but he insisted.  When he brought us the items, they didn’t even resemble the entrées we had had the week earlier. He obviously had gotten them a while before we were at the table and they were completely dried out. We didn't say anything to the CK waiter but we had decided at that point, that if we like a dining room entrée, we will simply just go to the dining room and enjoy it. 

CK  generally has a very nice atmosphere, but sometimes  variety of different restaurants is nice. 

M

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Truluv, I travel often on the Anthem, and always solo.  I eat most of my meals in CK.  The staff there make every one of those meals a delight.  Too bad we are just missing each other...............I'll be on for all of January. 

In other words - the food is very good, the staff is wonderful, and every effort will be made to make you feel  comfortable and happy.

Hang out in the Diamond Lounge.  You may meet people in junior suites who would enjoy your company for dinner.  🙂 

What menus does Anthem CK use on a 12 day cruise?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Actually-there a few items we like on the dining room menu and usually eat dinner there a time or two during a week long cruise. We have a nice table for two and always have good service in the MDR

Recently  we mentioned  to one of the CK waiters that we would be going to the dining in the next evening as we liked a  particular entrée. He was very kind and offered to have the entrée for us in CK. We didn’t want to  take him up on the offer as we know he is busy, but he insisted.  When he brought us the items, they didn’t even resemble the entrées we had had the week earlier. He obviously had gotten them a while before we were at the table and they were completely dried out. We didn't say anything to the CK waiter but we had decided at that point, that if we like a dining room entrée, we will simply just go to the dining room and enjoy it. 

CK  generally has a very nice atmosphere, but sometimes  variety of different restaurants is nice. 

M

A neighbor of mine is a VP at Carnival.  He was telling me that the food procurement for Carnival and Seabourn is the same.  

You're going to get the same steak in MDR, CK and Chops.  The difference is that CK is a much smaller operation and they can place a little more attention to detail and prep.  But it is still the same lousy, USDA choice meat you an buy at your run of the mill grocery store.  

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

A neighbor of mine is a VP at Carnival.  He was telling me that the food procurement for Carnival and Seabourn is the same.  

You're going to get the same steak in MDR, CK and Chops.  The difference is that CK is a much smaller operation and they can place a little more attention to detail and prep.  But it is still the same lousy, USDA choice meat you an buy at your run of the mill grocery store.  

Enjoy your cruise!

We've been led to believe that the MDR broilers are not as hot as the ones in Chops, so the "Chops Filet" they sell in MDR will not be quite as well prepared. 

I'm not sure about the equipment in CK.  I do know that Harmony and Symphony have better CK kitchens that Oasis and Allure due to them being new builds

• Like 2