Coastal Kitchen and Junior Suites?

For the last several years we've been able to book dinner at Coastal Kitchen online before sailing since we were staying in a JS.  This year I understand that it must on be done after getting on the ship, does anyone know why the change?  Does this apply to all suite guest cabins higher than a JS?   For those who have stayed in a JS, was it difficult to get a dinner reservation after boarding. We are sailing on the AOS.  Thanks

11 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

For the last several years we've been able to book dinner at Coastal Kitchen online before sailing since we were staying in a JS.  This year I understand that it must on be done after getting on the ship, does anyone know why the change?  Does this apply to all suite guest cabins higher than a JS?   For those who have stayed in a JS, was it difficult to get a dinner reservation after boarding. We are sailing on the AOS.  Thanks

Which AOS: Adventure, Anthem, or Allure?

On Oasis, they allowed guests in GS and better to book pre-cruise.

Hello, I am in a sky suite on Symphony and leaving in 2 weeks however Coastal Kitchen is not offered in my cruise planner as a choice for dining reservations.  I think I read somewhere that the concierge contacts us prior to the cruise for such reservations but if not, I'll just head there when I board.  (If I can find it..........first mega ship!!!) 

We were on the Anthem 12 night cruise last month in a JS and had no trouble getting into the Coastal Kitchen the 4 nights we wanted.   The other nights were in Wonderland, Chops, and our main dining room.   It was fun switching around every 2 nights or so and made dining more interesting.   My only recommendations are not to wait too long and to be flexible.  I hope you enjoy CS - the service and food were excellent.

2 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

We've never been able to book on line prior to the cruise if just sailing is a JS.  We've always booked on board.  In most every case we were able to get a reservation for the nights we wanted.   We like a later dinner time and were always flexible.

I am hearing of instances when CK is crowded because of high demand of suite passengers and  often high Pinnacle numbers.   On some sailings Pinnacle members are only permitted limited evenings at CK.  Not sure how a JS factors into the reservations dilemma.

Good luck and enjoy

M

2 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

Sorry about that,  Anthem

We were in a JS on Anthem in January and couldn't book in our cruise planner in advance.  We went to the podium after we boarded and were able to get the times we wanted for most nights.  We were able to get the same waiter every night, which was great because she was excellent.

• Like 1

I was able to book through the app once as we got on board. Theoretically you can book any restaurant at any other restaurant. We tried that at Jaimie's (no line), but noticed that the reservations hadn't shown up in the app an hour later, so I booked through that.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:35 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Please note:

This topic has always been different on Oasis class ships & Anthem.

Does that mean that a JS  guest can book CK  advance on Anthem?  

Thanks.

M

23 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Does that mean that a JS  guest can book CK  advance on Anthem?  

Thanks.

M

It depends.  Many times not, but occasionally guests in JS have been able to book CK in the cruise planner.   Anthem only, that has never been reported for any Oasis class ship.   

Sometimes it seems CK reservation on Anthem are available in the cruise planner then a week later they are not.  If someone lucked into the right moment they managed to make CK reservations.  It's never been consistent, but more often than not you end up with a cryptic message that guests are not eligible.  

50 minutes ago, twangster said:

It depends.  Many times not, but occasionally guests in JS have been able to book CK in the cruise planner.   Anthem only, that has never been reported for any Oasis class ship.   

Sometimes it seems CK reservation on Anthem are available in the cruise planner then a week later they are not.  If someone lucked into the right moment they managed to make CK reservations.  It's never been consistent, but more often than not you end up with a cryptic message that guests are not eligible.  

Just to cause a bit of trouble - If JS can book ahead of time, and suite passengers can book ahead of time, can Pinnacles?  If not, that would  give JS, regardless of C&A level, an advantage over pinnacles (not in a suite)  in getting limited  CK dining  reservations.  That could make for  interesting conversation at the reservation podium on boarding day.

M

17 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Just to cause a bit of trouble - If JS can book ahead of time, and suite passengers can book ahead of time, can Pinnacles?  If not, that would  give JS, regardless of C&A level, an advantage over pinnacles (not in a suite)  in getting limited  CK dining  reservations.  That could make for  interesting conversation at the reservation podium on boarding day.

M

I just made Anthem Coastal Kitchen reservations online and am pinnacle.  

This piqued my curiosity so I checked my upcoming sailings that are on ships with Coastal Kitchen and find I can book CK through the cruise planner only on Symphony.  I am Pinnacle and in balcony cabins on all but Harmony where I am in a junior suite.

Symphony  -  Yes

Ovation  -  No

Harmony  -  No

Oasis  -  No

49 minutes ago, lovelife said:

This piqued my curiosity so I checked my upcoming sailings that are on ships with Coastal Kitchen and find I can book CK through the cruise planner only on Symphony.  I am Pinnacle and in balcony cabins on all but Harmony where I am in a junior suite.

Symphony  -  Yes

Ovation  -  No

Harmony  -  No

Oasis  -  No

On the Anthem you can book CK on line for JS or P and Suites

8 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

Not really, all they have to say is they are full for that slot.  😉