Wedding Pictures

zoryana

I got married a few months ago, but our photographer... lets just say, I cried after I saw our wedding pictures. 

My husband and I are planning on going on a princess cruise this summer, and I am wondering would it be stupid to take my wedding dress and have my husband dress up, and take a few nice pictures on the beach? 

Also, who would be a photographer? Is there people that are photographers? 

This would be our first cruise. 

Would this be weird? 

Would it be weird getting off and on the cruise ship in a wedding dress, but not having an actual wedding there? 

1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

On every ship there is a photo department. I am sure they would be happy to take pictures of you. They will not be cheap.

True. But OP,  don't worry about being "weird." Folks will be delighted to see a happy bride and groom laughing and smiling and having some unique photos taken that you will cherish forever. Walk into the surf in your fancy clothes. Be creative!

1 hour ago, zoryana said:

I got married a few months ago, but our photographer... lets just say, I cried after I saw our wedding pictures. 

My husband and I are planning on going on a princess cruise this summer, and I am wondering would it be stupid to take my wedding dress and have my husband dress up, and take a few nice pictures on the beach? 

Also, who would be a photographer? Is there people that are photographers? 

This would be our first cruise. 

Would this be weird? 

Would it be weird getting off and on the cruise ship in a wedding dress, but not having an actual wedding there? 

There are photographers on every Princess ship - lots of people get specially dressed to pose for pictures - particularly on “formal” nights.

While there should be no problem bringing your wedding dress (and, presumably, having your husband bring whatever he wore), it does strike me as weird to actually wear the dress while getting on and off the ship — why would you want to do that?

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

There are photographers on every Princess ship - lots of people get specially dressed to pose for pictures - particularly on “formal” nights.

While there should be no problem bringing your wedding dress (and, presumably, having your husband bring whatever he wore), it does strike me as weird to actually wear the dress while getting on and off the ship — why would you want to do that?

The reason why I said that is because i would love to take some pictures not only on the ship... but on the beach as well. And Im not sure how that would work. 

Or how I would find a photographer that would take pictures--- not on the ship only. 

If that makes any sense. 

3 hours ago, wheezedr said:

You would be much better off finding a good photographer in your local area and posing a new set of wedding pictures there.  Save your cruise pictures for cruise memories.

Completely disagree!  Take your wedding dress,  have pictures taken on the beach,  on the boat, anywhere you like!  I'm pretty sure you can find a photographer, especially on the boat 😉

Not sure when or where you are going, but for pictures off the ship you may want to look for a land based photographer at one or more of your ports. They would know the area and know where the best places for pictures would be. Most beaches near ports are going to be crowded and not ideal for pictures. Plus someone local might have a place for you to change clothes so you aren't walking through the port in your wedding dress. Enjoy your cruise!

If you decide to do this, I would look for a local photographer in one of your ports. The cruise line photographers won’t go off the ship with you. They will have stations set up on formal nights but will take around 3 photos in standard poses so you won’t get much. I do think some cruise lines offer a private photo shoot on the ship so you could try setting one of those up. Ship photos are expensive though.

My biggest concern would be if you are flying or driving. If driving no issue, but if flying your wedding dress may be too bulky to realistically bring. Also, and only you can answer this. These photos won’t be of your wedding. Will photos from a photo shoot dressed up like a wedding when it’s not hold any appeal to you? You could always just dress up and do a photo shoot.

Edited by sanger727

On 4/3/2019 at 1:39 AM, wheezedr said:

You would be much better off finding a good photographer in your local area and posing a new set of wedding pictures there.  Save your cruise pictures for cruise memories.

It may be confusing in the future if people know you got married at home and then there are photos at a beach.  I agree- find a better photographer at home and have a set done there at the same venue or site where you got marred