Deluxe Drink Packages

pmck

2 hours ago, pmck said:

Well, because I was hoping that it would go down and since we still had 50+ days, I wasn't thinking it would go up!!

We booked about 50 days out for our last cruise and I first saw it and booked it at $49 and it went up and then did come back down but never lower than the $49.  You'll need to check frequently but it should come back to $49!

2 hours ago, cole2735 said:

I just checked this morning and the drink package was down to 46 dollars.  I think is the lowest it will be

That's not the Allure on 05/26?  It's 52 today.

Real quick question on the prices you all are quoting—just for clarification, these prices are all BEFORE RCI’s ubiquitous 18% profit add on (aka “gratuity”), correct?

still too early for me to start checking, as nothing yet available on cruise planner.

5 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

Real quick question on the prices you all are quoting—just for clarification, these prices are all BEFORE RCI’s ubiquitous 18% profit add on (aka “gratuity”), correct?

still too early for me to start checking, as nothing yet available on cruise planner.

Prices are before the gratuity. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

Yes. My next cruise is showing $52/pp; for me and my wife, the gratuities add about an extra $131 to the total for 7 nights.

• Like 1

Ours was $44 per day today on the Rhapsody leaving on the 20th of April. They allowed me to buy one for my husband who drinks and then I purchased the non alcoholic package. It was 20.00 per day. They will not let you buy just one alcoholic anymore per cabin but with a medical reason they will let you do it this way. With a coffee each morning and a couple non alcoholic frozen drinks I will be fine with that cost per day for me. 

3 minutes ago, Midpoint said:

I paid $46.00 a day on the drink package if the gratuities are not included then what is the $57.96 service charge for? Thanks in advance.

That is the 18% charge on 7 x $46.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

That is the 18% charge on 7 x $46.

Apologies, for not understanding so will I have to pay the additional gratuity when we purchase drinks or are they now included and not added on. Thank you for the fast response. 

8 minutes ago, Midpoint said:

Apologies, for not understanding so will I have to pay the additional gratuity when we purchase drinks or are they now included and not added on. Thank you for the fast response. 

You pay the gratuity on the beverage packages at the time you purchase the package.  No additional gratuity is added when you order a drink, with the exception of if you order a cocktail that exceeds the package limit.  In that case, you are charged the difference between the cost of the drink and the package limit, plus 18% of that difference.

• Thanks 1

On the Allure now. On embarkation day they were pushing the packages hard at buy one get one half off. $60 each meaning $90 for 2 or $45 final price each per day, plus gratuity.  No idea if that is common or not. 

2 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

On the Allure now. On embarkation day they were pushing the packages hard at buy one get one half off. $60 each meaning $90 for 2 or $45 final price each per day, plus gratuity.  No idea if that is common or not. 

That is the same deal they offered on our Allure cruise in February.

5 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

So I pre-paid $47 a day for the package and if it goes to $45 online before the cruise I can cancel and rebook the lower rate. QUESTION - If it is lower than the $47 a day when I board can I cancel and buy the lower priced package onboard??? Has anyone tried this?

3 hours ago, SakeDad said:

So I pre-paid $47 a day for the package and if it goes to $45 online before the cruise I can cancel and rebook the lower rate. QUESTION - If it is lower than the $47 a day when I board can I cancel and buy the lower priced package onboard??? Has anyone tried this?

You also have a limited time to cancel once onboard.  Something like 24 or 48 hours.

• Like 1