Island Princess Very Specific Deck Plan Question

jjgasman

So here is a very specific deck plan question for the Island Princess: On deck 9, the Dolphin deck, there is a laundry room aft.  I have two staterooms just about across from the room.  Does the laundry door open into the main hall or into the smaller access hallway that connects the port and starboard sides of the vessel?  I'm trying to determine if I'm going to hear the laundry door banging open all day and night. 

No idea I have never heard of anybody having a noise issue due to being near a laundry room.

Edit: Just looked at the deck plan. I's say it's 50/50 where the door is.

image.png.7902f76dac91cd5e367f92584e453a19.png

Edited by Thrak

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

No idea but likely it opens into the cross hallway. I have never heard of anybody having a noise issue due to being near a laundry room.

We had a noise issue once, short cruise, right near the laundry, one night a couple of drunks tried to stuff a buddy into a machine. A lot of yelling and laughing, it didn’t last long.

I was on the Island prior to the addition of aft cabins and you accessed the laundry by the small hall way. The door is where the L for laundermat. The door to the laundry is on a closer and sometimes it is propped open. On some ships the laundry they have an inner and outer door. Not sure if the Island has that. 

It is great being near the laundry you can just pop over to see if it is busy and if not just go back to your cabin and get your laundry. Also the machines are the stack-able type with washer on the bottom and dryer on the top. The actual laundry room is smaller than on the Grand class ships and the Royal class ships

Hope this helps and have a great cruise. 

On 4/4/2019 at 8:49 PM, jjgasman said:

So here is a very specific deck plan question for the Island Princess: On deck 9, the Dolphin deck, there is a laundry room aft.  I have two staterooms just about across from the room.  Does the laundry door open into the main hall or into the smaller access hallway that connects the port and starboard sides of the vessel?  I'm trying to determine if I'm going to hear the laundry door banging open all day and night. 

We have been directly across from the laundry and never heard a thing.