“Free” Gratuities or other sale coming?

9 minutes ago, CruiseLurker said:

I keep seeing 30% off each or 60% off the second sale. Is there a different sale that comes at a regular time on Royal? 

Not sure where you are seeing the 30% off.  That was last months sale.

this month is 50% off second guest and kids sail free.

D7322879-C79D-43E7-9D79-12B79DAE6073.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

34 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

This is what I find when going to Rc site.

image.thumb.png.8f9662c79865e090b61926deec1b9fe0.png

I think that refers to a cruise planner sale and not the cruise itself.

this was a screenshot I just took of the webpage.

0A2D5936-4491-44E0-8280-A0E4D47C2043.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can't make this stuff up. I'm in New York. Maybe there is a different ad for us.

11 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

You can't make this stuff up. I'm in New York. Maybe there is a different ad for us.

Like I said the 30% off refers to cruise favourites aka cruise planner  purchases.

Go through and do a booking and then look at the pricing details.  

Here are the details

The Cruise Planner sale runs between April 4 and April 11, 2019 and is valid on sailings from April 13, 2019 – October 31, 2019.

It includes discounts on:

• BEVERAGE: Up to 30% off on select sailings
    • Deluxe Beverage Package + VOOM Surf & Stream 1 Device: Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings).
    • Deluxe Beverage Package. Discount Varies by Ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings).
    • Refreshment Package: 30% off onboard prices. (Excludes Charter Sailings).
  • SHORE EXCURSIONS: Save up to 25% off
    • Save up to 25% on select tours on select sailings. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings).
  • INTERNET: Up to 60% off on select sailings
    • VOOM Surf + Stream Voyage Package 1, 2, 3, 4 Device(s): Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings).
    • VOOM Surf Voyage Package 1, 2, 3, 4, Device(s): Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings).
  • DINING: Up to 50% off on select sailings
    • 3 Night Dining Package. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes MA, MJ, OA Interporting + Master Sailings and Charter Sailings).
    • Ultimate Dining Package on 3 Night,4 Night and 5 Night. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes AD, AL, EX, FR, HM, LB, MJ, OA, OV, QN, RH, SC, SY + Charter Sailings).
  • ACTIVITIES: Up to 10% off on select sailings
    • All Access Ship Tour. 10% off. Discount varies by ship. (Excludes Charter Sailings).
Edited by Ourusualbeach

Since I am relatively new to "today's"  cruising,  I already paid in full for my cruise for my granddaughter and me for a July cruise.

I  gather I "missed the boat" on this one, bummer.

I get really upset when I do not do more research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Judyrem
bad spelling.

2 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Since I am relatively new to "today's"  cruising,  I already paid in full for my cruise for my granddaughter and me for a July cruise.

I  gather I "missed the boat" on this one, bummer.

I get really upset when I do not do more research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can still get price drops and take advantage of promos until the final payment date.

4 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

What should I do Clarea?  I paid in full to a big box TA, but I went through RCI for The Key and beverage package, HELP.

Contact the travel agent and ask if your price went down and/or there are better perks for your category.

For the Key and beverage package, if the price is now less expensive, you can cancel and reorder.

I just called RCI and did not have a very helpful rep.  It seems he did not know what's what.  419.00?  That is what I paid without the OBC applied.  I dislike playing these "Hunger Games".  😖👀

3 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I just called RCI and did not have a very helpful rep.  It seems he did not know what's what.  419.00?  That is what I paid without the OBC applied.  I dislike playing these "Hunger Games".  😖👀

What exactly Are you referring to? No one can be much help with the lack of details 

I bought a beverage package for myself through RCI.  I used my 100$ OBC to reduce the price.  With taxes and gratuities it is 460$.   I though perhaps I could get 30% off as displayed in Ourusualbeach's post.  My bad.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Plus, there's a DEAL promo up to $75 off when you do a booking.  I reviewed my previously Anthem's Aug. 29th booking a few days ago and the promo save me $59 off a guarantee balcony cabin.

3 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I bought a beverage package for myself through RCI.  I used my 100$ OBC to reduce the price.  With taxes and gratuities it is 460$.   I though perhaps I could get 30% off as displayed in Ourusualbeach's post.  My bad.

Just log into your cruise planner on the website and check the beverage package price.  If it has gone down just cancel it and re-purchase it.

• Like 1

Huzzah for Cruise critic!   I decided to call my big box TA  AND GUESS WHAT?  My lovely rep got my whole cruise reduced by 582$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yowser!  We were just under the 90 day limit and RCI said yes!

You lovely people helped save me some big bucks.

Thanks OP and nelblu and ourusualbeach!😁😍and everyone else who chimed in!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Judyrem
bad spelling.
  • Like 2