Princess Hotel in Rome/Debark Vatican Tour?

Jennwick

Does anyone know what the Princess hotels are in Rome?  I've searched and can't find it.  I'm taking the Barcelona to Rome 7 day cruise in June/July, and disembarking in Rome.  I'm considering taking the Vatican Debark tour which includes transfer to the Ostiense Train station in central Rome or to the Princess Plus hotels.  The train station isn't particularly convenient to where I want to stay in Rome.  I'm hoping the hotels are closer to the area where I want to book a boutique hotel, and can just get off at one of the Princess hotels.  

Any insight on the Princess hotels in Rome or the Debark Vatican tour would be much appreciated!  First time in Rome, so I'm trying to make the navigation of the city as easy as possible.

If you are looking for a great hotel in Rome, I highly recommend Hotel Navona. Also, if you would like to hit the ground running and explore Rome after getting off the ship, try Rome in a limo. They will pick you up at the port, take you on a tour around Rome and drop you off at your hotel. 

• Like 1

We took that tour but had our own hotel.  We were dropped off at the train station (if you have Princess hotels they will bus you there directly after they let the other people off at the train).  Most people on our bus had their own hotels so a long line for taxis at around 1 pm.  No taxis around.  Luckily we were about 3rd in line so didn't have to wait too too long for a taxi.  For us, that was the one and only drawback.  It was not like an airport with an endless supply of taxis.

• Like 1

We usually stay at a Sheraton just outside the city and take the bus to the train it sounds complicated but it's not and it's quicker than it sounds.  Make a little picnic lunch to bring with you( from the breakfast buffet) and your all set😎

On 4/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, Jennwick said:

I'm considering taking the Vatican Debark tour which includes transfer to the Ostiense Train station in central Rome or to the Princess Plus hotels.  The train station isn't particularly convenient to where I want to stay in Rome.  I'm hoping the hotels are closer to the area where I want to book a boutique hotel, and can just get off at one of the Princess hotels.  

Hotel drop off may only be for those staying at a Princess hotel.; others on the debark tour may have to get off at the train station you mention. This was the case last time I took Princess debark tour with booking my own hotel. Go to tour desk and tell them your situation. In London, the bus driver let people off at 2 hotels on the way to the airport, so it is not always the same.