Getting married on NCL ships

WWLL

An ole saying - "Marriages performed on board the ship are for the duration of the cruise" !

Boarded in LOVE - DIVORCED at the disembarking gangplank

Another note - marriages planned far enough in advance NCL may offer cruise discounts

for the party - a wealthy magnate book the ship for a private cruise to be remembered

On 4/8/2019 at 1:37 AM, WWLL said:

Has anyone done it?

Experiences.  Expenses?

We got married onboard the Gem 11 years ago. It was a small wedding, maybe 20 people. It was lovely. Just don't let your guests go to the buffet while they wait for the service to begin! They all pigged out and then barely touched all the goodies I ordered! 😞 Pigs! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2019 at 4:38 PM, Briji04 said:

I didn’t marry on a cruise but I found a link on NCL that has the prices listed. Looks like it’s about $3000.00 for a legal ceremony and $2000.00 for symbolic ceremony. 

https://ncl.eweddingcalendar.com/Wedding-Calendar-Home

That's just the ceremony too -- I clicked over to the reception options. 😮

Has anyone done it?

Experiences.  Expenses?

We got married on the Dawn in 2012 and it was wonderful! We had I think 23 people there including us? 6 came on just for the wedding, the rest sailed with us. I'm sure it's not for everyone but it was absolutely perfect for us. It wasn't super cheap, but it was cheaper than renting a hall/minister/photographer/cake/champagne/etc. on land would have been, and more importantly for us it was lower stress and more our style.

I have a review linked in my signature, and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. Though I don't know how much has changed since then 🙂

19 minutes ago, gymbomb said:

We got married on the Dawn in 2012 and it was wonderful! We had I think 23 people there including us? 6 came on just for the wedding, the rest sailed with us. I'm sure it's not for everyone but it was absolutely perfect for us. It wasn't super cheap, but it was cheaper than renting a hall/minister/photographer/cake/champagne/etc. on land would have been, and more importantly for us it was lower stress and more our style.

I have a review linked in my signature, and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. Though I don't know how much has changed since then 🙂

I feel the same way about ours on the Gem. It was pretty much hassle-free and very nice. And what a way to immediately start the honeymoon with no further travel required!

Has anyone done it?

Experiences.  Expenses?

Be very careful of the itinerary you pick. We had two couples with wedding parties of 30 and 50 friends on our cruise to Bermuda last September. Although not getting married on the ship. A hurricane forced up to go the Florida route, both parties had plans to marry in Bermuda, lots of scrambling for a location in Nassau. As it turns out we made it to GSC but found out around 6pm we were skipping Nassau. My wife and I just happened to be in one of the dining rooms next to one of the couples and their family when the Captain came over the PA system to announce were were skipping Nassau. Wow, were the F Bombs flying, the bride to be ran off in hysterics. I don't know if either party actually got married on the cruise

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Be very careful of the itinerary you pick. We had two couples with wedding parties of 30 and 50 friends on our cruise to Bermuda last September. Although not getting married on the ship. A hurricane forced up to go the Florida route, both parties had plans to marry in Bermuda, lots of scrambling for a location in Nassau. As it turns out we made it to GSC but found out around 6pm we were skipping Nassau. My wife and I just happened to be in one of the dining rooms next to one of the couples and their family when the Captain came over the PA system to announce were were skipping Nassau. Wow, were the F Bombs flying, the bride to be ran off in hysterics. I don't know if either party actually got married on the cruise

We briefly considered getting married in port in Bermuda, but for this (and many other more important reasons) we opted to do an embarkation day wedding before the ship left Boston.

• Like 1

I am clergy and have performed international ceremonies for us couples. Typically they get married but a justice in their state then I perform the wedding at a beautiful location. It was  more relaxed and less expensive.

peace!