More Mardi Gras announcements

jimbo5544

25 minutes ago, ginger123snaps said:

Also, not to get greedy here...but typically other lines include alcoholic beverages for guests 1 and 2, wifi, and a private lounge area, reserved seating at shows.  Having said that...other lines don't include soda packages for all guests in the cabin...so it is a trade off I guess.  Don't get me wrong...I am excited for something new...but its hard not to compare what you are getting for your $ also.  

Don’t go off reservation on me now.....

20 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I will admit that the $50 cost for a whole port day is lower than I anticipated.  Grand Turk, here we come!  

I do wonder how they will execute the rentals, if the Excel suite guests get priority, at what point do they open up anything remaining to the masses?  Week before sailing?  Day of sailing - mad rush to guest services?!  And can you get bumped off if an Excel suite guest decides they want one after all?

I think they priced the cabana daily rate low because they’ll probably never be available to purchase daily. The weekly passes will probably fill the area like they do on NCL. 

As far as how they’ll sell them I’m hoping Carnival’s yield management dept. will handle them a little like FTTF. I’d definitely buy a weekly cabana if they could be purchased ahead of time. If they sell them like NCL and it’s a mad dash to guest services on embarkation I’m out. No way I’m spending over $1000 for something that I have to purchase that way. I’m holding out faith Carnival will make a good decision on the cabana sales.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I booked a aft wrap LS suite for a Jan 2021 cruise today.  Just had to do it.

Be careful. The excel corner suite doesn’t have a hottub. The excel aft suite does.  There is some confusion out there. 

56 minutes ago, didugger said:

Be careful. The excel corner suite doesn’t have a hottub. The excel aft suite does.  There is some confusion out there. 

I believe the aft wraps are in fact excel aft suites.....the doc is sketchy

6 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

I haven't sailed Carnival in a long time.  We have been enjoying the ship within ship concept for quite some time on other lines.  Looking forward to trying something new.  I am curious though...what are the chances they will include a private restaurant for those staying in the suites?  On RC they open up one of the specialty restaurants as a "private" restaurant for suite guests for breakfast and lunch.  I only say this because the price was not much less then what we would pay on other lines.  I booked directly through carnival.  

I know I'm dreaming, but wouldn't it be perfect if the Excel suites had a private suite restaurant like the Coastal Kitchen on the RCCL Oasis and Quantum class ships?  The food is amazing. The service is amazing. The views and ambience are amazing. Not having to fight the crowds is amazing.  We save our pennies to book at least a Grand Suite so that we can eat there. BTW, did I say it was an amazing perk. 😀

41 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I know I'm dreaming, but wouldn't it be perfect if the Excel suites had a private suite restaurant like the Coastal Kitchen on the RCCL Oasis and Quantum class ships?  The food is amazing. The service is amazing. The views and ambience are amazing. Not having to fight the crowds is amazing.  We save our pennies to book at least a Grand Suite so that we can eat there. BTW, did I say it was an amazing perk. 😀

LOL, so I am thinking you thought it was ........amazing?  Hope springs eternal.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

The weekly versus daily rental fees for the cabanas are out of whack.  900 for a week...50 for port and 150 for sea days.  If you go on a typical 3 port, 3 sea day, embarkation day 7 day cruise, the individual totals would be 450 for the 3 sea days and 200 for the port/embarkation days or 650 in total.  And a 4 port sailing would be only 550.  If and that's a big if, individual days are available, there is ZERO chance that 50 for a port day will be the rate once she starts sailing. 

Also, whatever the rate is the only fair way to open it up to the general public is based upon when the date that you booked your sailing.  It would be a nice gesture that someone who booked close to two years out get first crack at this perk.  What do you think?

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The weekly versus daily rental fees for the cabanas are out of whack.  900 for a week...50 for port and 150 for sea days.  If you go on a typical 3 port, 3 sea day, embarkation day 7 day cruise, the individual totals would be 450 for the 3 sea days and 200 for the port/embarkation days or 650 in total.  And a 4 port sailing would be only 550.  If and that's a big if, individual days are available, there is ZERO chance that 50 for a port day will be the rate once she starts sailing. 

Also, whatever the rate is the only fair way to open it up to the general public is based upon when the date that you booked your sailing.  It would be a nice gesture that someone who booked close to two years out get first crack at this perk.  What do you think?

Most of those questions are tbd, but I doubt it could be anything other than first come first serve.

Edited by jimbo5544

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Most of those questions are tbd, but I doubt it could be anything other than first come first serve.

I fully understand that Jimbo, but the first come first serve race for Vibe passes on NCL is a joke. 

This Loft 19 is Carnival's version of the suite access deck that are on the newer builds by Royal as well as the Celebrity Edge.  If a restaurant was included, it would be more similar to the Haven on NCL or the Yacht Club on MSC, true ship within a ship concepts.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I fully understand that Jimbo, but the first come first serve race for Vibe passes on NCL is a joke. 

This Loft 19 is Carnival's version of the suite access deck that are on the newer builds by Royal as well as the Celebrity Edge.  If a restaurant was included, it would be more similar to the Haven on NCL or the Yacht Club on MSC, true ship within a ship concepts.

Understand the difference, we will see, it would be a quantum leap for Carnival.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

So only retirees who know for sure that they'll have a certain week off 2 years from now will be able to go

1 hour ago, hotsauce126 said:

So only retirees who know for sure that they'll have a certain week off 2 years from now will be able to go

The ship is new, it will calm down, do you book cruises last minute?

1 hour ago, hotsauce126 said:

The advantage of being retired. Your turn will come. 😎

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I think they should open up weekly cabana rentals and some basic weekly passes on the cruise planner like they do FTTF. Then if they don’t sell out they could offer daily passes on board. 

I know this is a “hot” question to ask but are there age restrictions in Loft 19?  Are families with toddlers able to access this area?  The Havana is restricted to 12 and up.  No flames please, just would like to know.  

8 minutes ago, James4me said:

I know this is a “hot” question to ask but are there age restrictions in Loft 19?  Are families with toddlers able to access this area?  The Havana is restricted to 12 and up.  No flames please, just would like to know.  

Families are allowed to access Loft 19 and it is not age restricted!

4 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

So according to you the only people that have reservations on the Mardi Gras are all retired people.  I have a few years of work ahead of me, and can only take vacations during six specific months.  But I do have my 2021 Mardi Gras cruise booked as you can see from my signature.

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I think they should open up weekly cabana rentals and some basic weekly passes on the cruise planner like they do FTTF. Then if they don’t sell out they could offer daily passes on board. 

The Cabana upcharge is the only premium discussed so far.  It's not been determined yet what the weekly access charge will be for general access to the Loft 19 area.