No Cruises Out of Bayonne April 2020

So I have searched everywhere and can't find any cruises on Royal Caribbean after April 12, 2020 out of Bayonne, NJ. (Anthem heading to Europe) The next available cruise is May 5, 2020 on Oasis of the Seas. Does anyone know what is going on? Are they getting the port ready for Oasis? I was hoping to book a cruise out of NJ the last two week of April and there isn't anything available.

Very unusual as the last normal cruise is April 6 and the following cruise is a 12 nite TA cruise.  I was under the impression that the Adventure would be sailing from Bayonne along with Oasis.

Looks like Oasis starts May 10 and Adventure May 15.

32 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Very unusual as the last normal cruise is April 6 and the following cruise is a 12 nite TA cruise.  I was under the impression that the Adventure would be sailing from Bayonne along with Oasis.

Looks like Oasis starts May 10 and Adventure May 15.

Not unheard of. I think PC was without a 7 day ship for a few weeks prior to the Oasis arrival

It is just a timing issue as others have said. Plus the Oasis is not built for cooler weather activities, which is another reason for the May time frame. If memory serves me, I believe the Oasis was already here for a preview when she first came out

One other factor is the design of the Oasis. She's really not made for the weather between NY and Hatteras. The earlier they start sailing the worse the weather will be (on the average)

4 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

One other factor is the design of the Oasis. She's really not made for the weather between NY and Hatteras. The earlier they start sailing the worse the weather will be (on the average)

Yes, but they could have moved Adventure to fill in the gaps.

Very odd that they're totally abandoning Northeast market for almost a month. Strikes me as poor revenue management.  Oasis fares from NJ in May are substantially higher than April sailings from Miami.

During NY / New England spring break no less!!!! Crazy times - big lost revenue opp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

Yes, but they could have moved Adventure to fill in the gaps.

But then where adventure was based people will whinge that the ship was stolen and that they have a gap in the schedule.

12 hours ago, mets123 said:

It is just a timing issue as others have said. Plus the Oasis is not built for cooler weather activities, which is another reason for the May time frame. If memory serves me, I believe the Oasis was already here for a preview when she first came out

No, she was not.

12 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

But then where adventure was based people will whinge that the ship was stolen and that they have a gap in the schedule.

Adventure is in PE along with Independence and Serenade. Oasis and Symphony right next door in Miami.  Plenty of available berths. 

15 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

No, she was not.

Didn't Royal bring her in to Bayonne for a  short cruise? When it first came out? No revenue just comps.

Edited by rt1092

30 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

Didn't Royal bring her in to Bayonne for a  short cruise? When it first came out? No revenue just comps.

Nope, Oasis would have had a problem getting under the bridge.  The stacks were meant to be down only for the Great Belt Bridge passing and to my knowledge  have never been down since.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Nope, Oasis would have had a problem getting under the bridge.  The stacks were meant to be down only for the Great Belt Bridge passing and to my knowledge  have never been down since.

I'll have to check on that I thought they brought it in once to show it off with a VIP cruise. But I could be wrong. Peter the HD told me the stacks work. When we were talking about her going the NY. But we agreed the ocean conditions out of NY harbor were not agreeable to the Oasis class.