Free internet

marylovestotravel

I think free internet (one login per suite) is included in the cruise fare.  I don't believe that you have to take O-Life to get it.  At least that's what the fine print in the brochures says and that has been our experience on recent cruises.  You should have you TA contact Oceania for clarification, but your TA may be remembering past years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Yes!  In this just past mid-February, the $2 per wash or dry load charge was eliminated on all Oceania ships.

And there I was thinking three bags of laundry for free was a perk! With the length of time they take with those bags, it would be better doing it yourself.

Of course “ free” has a price for some of us!   For those that only rarely, or just briefly, leave the ship, missing a port visit to do  laundry may consider it “free”. For those that cruise to visit the ports of call, it certainly isn’t considered free. Getting up in the middle of the night to find an available machine is a fairly high cost for  “ free” to me!

I’ve laughed at the long wait lines when it was $2 per load on sea days. I’d hate to imagine what they will become now!

I think I’ll stick with my three bags of free laundry given me in PH or Concierge! I’m not one of those that play the “ only travel with a carry on game”! I bring enough clothes to last their turn around times.

3 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Of course “ free” has a price for some of us!   For those that only rarely, or just briefly, leave the ship, missing a port visit to do  laundry may consider it “free”. For those that cruise to visit the ports of call, it certainly isn’t considered free. Getting up in the middle of the night to find an available machine is a fairly high cost for  “ free” to me!

I’ve laughed at the long wait lines when it was $2 per load on sea days. I’d hate to imagine what they will become now!

I think I’ll stick with my three bags of free laundry given me in PH or Concierge! I’m not one of those that play the “ only travel with a carry on game”! I bring enough clothes to last their turn around times.

Of course, you do realize that for the cost savings of a B (Veranda) over an A (Concierge) cabin you could pay for far more than three bags of "free" laundry.

13 hours ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

Correct, one free account per cabin which may be shared, one user at a time. Additional accounts and greater bandwidth may be purchased.

Some folks erroneously think that the paid internet is "faster." Wrong. The only difference is that streaming is blocked in the free version.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I wonder with free laundry if O is still doing the 20 items for $20 offering?

Yes - although I think it might have been $24.95??  Sorry didn't keep Currents.  When we went code red on Marina (Lima-NYC trip Mar/Apr 2019), the laundries were closed (s.o.p.) - and until the all clear when the laundry re-opened, there was a 20 items for 14.95(ish) pricing.

I was recently on the Marina for 18 days.  The "free" internet was unusable for 90% of the time.  The internet manager was advising passengers not to pay for the upgraded service because you won't notice a difference.

On 4/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, Sopwith said:

I was recently on the Marina for 18 days.  The "free" internet was unusable for 90% of the time.  The internet manager was advising passengers not to pay for the upgraded service because you won't notice a difference.

We were on the Riviera for 45 days this past Oct/Nov in an A category cabin and would get knocked off the router near our cabin every 5-10 minutes. Quite annoying, especially if your trying to email a 2-3mb file to someone. My DW would get knocked off the router before the message would get sent because the Internet bandwidth was so saturated since every cabin has an unlimited account now.

So, yes, it's free, but dont expect much on the larger O class ships. On the other hand, internet service and router connectivity was just fine on the smaller R class ships we sailed on for 16 days in May (Sirena) and again for 32 days in July/Aug (Nautica).

we had one day on Marina  this week with no service  ..mind you we were in the middle of the Atlantic  ..yesterday it was off for a short time

not sure if the rough seas had anything to do with it or not