New England Cruise from NYC

Gsmilie

Hi there looking for some help with an idea i had before our new england cruise from NYC.  We are flying into la guardia the night before our cruise from NYC and i was toying with the idea of staying in brooklyn that night so that we can walk across the brooklyn bridge the next morning.  Im really concerned about the logistics of this.  Has anyone done this?  Is this a crazy idea?  I just thought it be cool to see the bridge and once were on the other side we would get an uber or something to the manhattan cruise terminal.  Is it going to be hard to carry 2 luggage spinners across the bridge?  i know its going to be abount an hours walk and it should be fine to do the walk but how hard will it be logistics wise?  thats what im mostly concerned about....

Any tips or advice would be great

Thanks in advance

LGA and the Brooklyn Bridge aren't exactly close to each other.  How will you get there, where is your luggage as you walk over the bridge?

The simplest part will be getting to the ship from the Manhattan side of the bridge.

Why don't you just take a stroll over the bridge after you check into your hotel, sans luggage?  Grab some dinner have a drink or two, and then worry about schlepping yourselves and luggage to the pier the next day.

Walking on the Brooklyn Bridge is no biggie, but doing it with luggage would be somewhat difficult.   If you are cruising out of the port at Red Hook (Brooklyn) you could stay at the Marriott (a pretty decent hotel) on Adams Street.  From that hotel you could walk to the Brooklyn Bridge and even walk the bridge if that is your desire.  Keep in mind that just walking one-way over the Bridge is over a mile...plus the distance you would walk to reach the bridge.  That Marriott Brooklyn Bridge is an OK choice (in terms of location) for those cruising out of Red Hook.  But if your cruise departs from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal over on 12th Avenue, staying in Brooklyn does not make a lot of sense.  And if you are on one of the RCI or Celebrity cruises that embarks from Bayonne, then you really going out of your way.

Hank

15 hours ago, Gsmilie said:

Hi there looking for some help with an idea i had before our new england cruise from NYC.  We are flying into la guardia the night before our cruise from NYC and i was toying with the idea of staying in brooklyn that night so that we can walk across the brooklyn bridge the next morning.  Im really concerned about the logistics of this.  Has anyone done this?  Is this a crazy idea?  I just thought it be cool to see the bridge and once were on the other side we would get an uber or something to the manhattan cruise terminal.  Is it going to be hard to carry 2 luggage spinners across the bridge?  i know its going to be abount an hours walk and it should be fine to do the walk but how hard will it be logistics wise?  thats what im mostly concerned about....

Any tips or advice would be great

Thanks in advance

Having walked the bridge a number of times, I highly recommend it -- but surely NOT trundling luggage.  You will have a fair number of steps - in addition to the over a mile crossing, on varying surfaces. Better to stay near the bridge, on either side, leave your luggage in your hotel room while you do a round trip half crossing -- or full round trip if energetic.

I walked over the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan to get to work during a NYC transit strike. I also walked for pleasure several times. On a warm sunny day it is a wonderful experience. At one time there was a bus that ran from Adams St to Manhattan but I do not know it it still does.