Price drop after final payment ?

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

So I am sure someone will have the answer to this question.  I happened to log into my princess account this morning  and noticed there was a big price drop on my cruise I booked through princess and I have already given final payment does anyone know if I contact my princess Rep do you think I could get some on board credit of some kind as it is about $300 dollars cheaper per person now. 

The usual answer is that there is no harm in asking.  Sometimes people post that they have received some credit, certainly not as much as the price drop.  Of course they are not obligated to do anything.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the answer is usually no.  I was fortunate a few years ago on Celebrity when there were no upper suites left and I booked a sky suite.  The day of final payment, a load of suites came up for sale, cheaper than I paid for the sky suite.  The celebrity suite was about equal to what I had already paid.  I am fortunate to have a wonderful TA, who did everything in his power to upgrade me.(the difference was $1800)  It took a lot of back an forth but they did relent and give me the celebrity suite.  I have heard many on this site that were not so fortunate.    But it never hurts to try.  Good Luck

Edited by Missymo

There was a $200 price drop on one of my cruises and I got it applied as OBC. This was back when we first started cruising. There hasn't been a price drop since that was a benefit to us.

Well I will call my princess rep Monday maybe I will get something cruise 27 for me never asked for anything before so even a few bucks would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a significant  drop after final payment on my Princess cruise.

It was refunded to my credit card.

I did have to change cabins (balcony) and although it was a “lower” category I like the location better.

It never hurts to ask. Ask really nicely. 😊

10 hours ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

Well I will call my princess rep Monday maybe I will get something cruise 27 for me never asked for anything before so even a few bucks would be nice

I wouldn’t wait until Monday to call!

Recently, on TWO separate occasions, I noticed a $100 reduction in the price I'd already paid for my cruise.  I called Princess, and without hesitation they approved the refund.  I noticed that my credit card had been credited with the $200 just yesterday.  GREAT service, and I really, really appreciate the prompt, FAIR service from Princess...

"SKY"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCCRUSINGCOUPLE said:

My princess guy does not work weekends so I am going to call first thing tomorrow morning.

Mine doesn't either so I just called the 800#. Price dropped a little over 600, OBC upped 200 -- lost prepaid gratuities but the extra 200 more than covers that! plus I'm keeping same flights / extra PVP OBCs, just have to have Schwab refax my share. Will have 662 credited back to me with 10 days as I'm now overpaid 

There appears to be a huge difference in how these price-drops are treated based on if you are in the UK, USA or Australia.

Certainly, if you are UK based, the chances of getting any sort of price drop or benefit after final payment is pretty much zero.

I myself noticed only last week that my cruise has a price drop of over £1000. I like to think that I have a very good relationship with my Princess reservations assistant and so gave him a call. He said that if he possibly could give me a discount or benefit he would, but it was simply not possible in the UK. It appears that you lucky folk in the US are able to negotiate these deals both at the booking stage and after final payment but in the UK, it appears pointless even attempting. For me, even if I cancelled and re-booked, the 25% cancellation fee of £1000 would cancel out the benefit of re-booking at the new rate, all very frustrating.

I appreciate the line that says why should one expect to get the difference refunded if for instance you purchased a car and it dropped in price months later, it just seems so unfair that because we are UK based we are disadvantaged.    

Edited by johnsuttoncoldfield
Spelling

So here is what happened. I booked through my princess rep and also made my final payment. Well I went and looked noticed huge price drop so I called in. He informed me since I booked through Princess and the same cabins were still available he could make the price adjustment for me 900 bucks.

• Like 2