Room service reliability.

My granddaughter and I have a very early shore excursion planned for Roatan, I mean really EARLY as soon as we dock after 7am.!  I need my coffee and my GD needs to eat breakfast, she loves her pancakes and bacon.

Would I be able to get room service around 6:30 in a timely fashion?  I don't see a lunch in our itinerary, so we need to eat a bit more.😳

It has always been on time for us. They give you a 30 minute window. So when you fill out the menu card to hang on your door the night before, fill out the appropriate time slot.
The standard continental breakfast is free, but I believe the other kid of hot items (pancakes, bacon, eggs) are charged.

Have a great cruise! We are also going to Roatan on our upcoming cruise.

• Like 2

Just off the Allure, we were in a Grand Suite.  Did room service breakfast for mornings we had shore excursions - absolutely perfect and reliable!!  Very happy with it.  However, we also did room service for a light lunch one day early on in the cruise - perfect and delicious.  Unfortunately, we ordered room service for dinner off the MDR menu (perk of suite guests) - was told the usual 40-45 minute wait time.  We did this since our son fell asleep and we had planned to see one of the shows after dinner (as you know....if you want to plan any scheduled entertainment, timing and planning is everything!).  Unfortunately, our food took over an hour and a half!!  and it showed up not very good - cold and not very tasty.  Probably the worst meal of the entire cruise.  And you guessed it....we missed our show.  Didn't complain but chalked it up to lesson learned.  I would say that the breakfast (which I have to add we just ordered light continental breakfast - coffee, juice, toast, cereal, granola & fruit each time) was absolutely right when we requested and was a life saver because we were able to eat, get ready and get on the gangway for our scheduled excursions.  Very happy with that.

• Like 1

On Allure back over a year ago it wasn't dependable at all in the morning. First morning we had an early excursion and food didn't show up. Worse yet was when I tried to connect to guest services you couldn't get anyone either. Just got the hold music.

Since that cruise we have found that food shows up too early (weird isn't it). Like the phone rings 15-20 minutes prior to when it is supposed to be delivered (early side of delivery window) and arrives like 2 minutes after that.

• Like 1

Thanks all, I will be okay if I am hungry but I need my coffee! 😳  I may have to snatch a croissant (or two)for her from Park  Cafe and maybe some Cheerios.

An egg McMuffin type sandwich would be good for me.

3 hours ago, Judyrem said:

My granddaughter and I have a very early shore excursion planned for Roatan, I mean really EARLY as soon as we dock after 7am.!  I need my coffee and my GD needs to eat breakfast, she loves her pancakes and bacon.

Would I be able to get room service around 6:30 in a timely fashion?  I don't see a lunch in our itinerary, so we need to eat a bit more.😳

It's too chancy. Just nab some rolls or pastries the day before and stick them in sandwich bags that you bring with you for something like this. The pancakes bacon and coffee? Just bypass that stuff and go have a great time.