Can anyone help with this code please?

mazza

I changed our stateroom on our January 2020 Chile-Argentina cruise from Veranda to Concierge so we would hit the magical 750 Captain's Club points on the cruise :) I received the new invoice and it has this code on it: YWG7-PROMO2C 14N. I did a search of the forum but it comes up with nothing.

It's not a code I've seen before and I'm hoping someone might have an idea about what it refers to? Thanks.

Maree

18 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

Call and ask. Problem solved. 

Yeah I do know that but thanks anyway. It's Saturday here in Australia and Easter long weekend (which you know since you are also in Australia) so I can't call until Tuesday at the earliest. Maybe I'm a bit over-keen, but just hoped that one of the friendly and generous people on Cruise Critic who might have have come across the code in their own bookings would share the info. 

Edited by mazza
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Let’s start with what you believe you booked for perks or cabin.  Was it a guarantee?  

Knowing what you booked could help decipher the code.

Sorry. Here's the story. 

I originally booked with wireless and beverage package as perks. When I changed the cabin category and got the new invoice, these perks had disappeared. In their place I now have what looks like a fare discount (marked Price Rate Only)and this other code: YWG7-PROMO2C 14N.

I really don't know if it's for, but it was not a guarantee cabin. 

Thanks.

As an aside, I hope that you do know that even though you will achieve the correct number of points while on the cruise, Your status will not change during that cruise. Status only changes after the cruise is complete. So you would have your new tier status on the following cruise but not this one. 

Not a code I recognize but it is possible that the code to which you refer may be one that is only used for pricing and/or promotions in certain markets (such as Australia)...

While you may get a relevant response here from someone who recognizes the code as an international one or from a fellow Australian, I too respectfully suggest  that you phone on Tuesday—time is seemingly not of the essence—so as to be sure you get an accurate understanding of the terms of your reservation.

34 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

As an aside, I hope that you do know that even though you will achieve the correct number of points while on the cruise, Your status will not change during that cruise. Status only changes after the cruise is complete. So you would have your new tier status on the following cruise but not this one. 

Yes, thank you. I'd read on previous posts over the years that this was the case, so I'm not expecting any changes till the next cruise. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Xport said:

Not a code I recognize but it is possible that the code to which you refer may be one that is only used for pricing and/or promotions in certain markets (such as Australia)...

While you may get a relevant response here from someone who recognizes the code as an international one or from a fellow Australian, I too respectfully suggest  that you phone on Tuesday—time is seemingly not of the essence—so as to be sure you get an accurate understanding of the terms of your reservation.

No timing isn't of the essence, and I intended to call on Tuesday, but hoped that someone here would be able to solve the mystery.  A bit over-keen as I said. Thanks anyway.

2 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

YWG is a flight prefix.  Might that be it?  The remainder - I would assume is "Promotion" "2 people" or possibly "2c" is a cabin class then 14 nights.  An easter puzzle for us all - do come back and let us know the answer!

Hmm. The mystery deepens then. No flights involved. I will ring on Tuesday when the office is open again and then report back. Thanks.

It’s a internal code that Celebrity uses to override the upgrade from Verandah  to Concierge Class.  Any perks that go with you will also show under Promotions applied at the bottom of page.  We’re you in a 2C & now been upgraded to Concierge?

Edited by If only

9 hours ago, mazza said:

I changed our stateroom on our January 2020 Chile-Argentina cruise from Veranda to Concierge so we would hit the magical 750 Captain's Club points on the cruise 🙂 I received the new invoice and it has this code on it: YWG7-PROMO2C 14N. I did a search of the forum but it comes up with nothing.

It's not a code I've seen before and I'm hoping someone might have an idea about what it refers to? Thanks.

Maree

The code means they are expecting trouble from you on board!

• Haha 3

Just now, C-Dragons said:

😁

(Happy Easter to Lena)

Thanks!  She will have an easter egg hunt tomorrow.  We put doggie treats in plastic eggs and hide them.  We used to do this for the kids years ago but they preferred candy to doggie treats!  Now we just have Lena home to pamper.

11 hours ago, mazza said:

I changed our stateroom on our January 2020 Chile-Argentina cruise from Veranda to Concierge so we would hit the magical 750 Captain's Club points on the cruise 🙂 I received the new invoice and it has this code on it: YWG7-PROMO2C 14N. I did a search of the forum but it comes up with nothing.

Maree

We request upgrade from Veranda 2B to Concierge 2 on the Eclipse B2B2B (YVR-HNL-YVR-LAX), the original booking was with Refundable deposit + 1 OBC (perk) + prepaid gratuities, the upgraded booking is Non Refundable deposit + OBC, Free Gratuities + Free Classic BVG. This is in my bookings:

1st Leg YVR-HNL 11 nights

1. Cabin Rate (Includes NCCF)    $XX.XX
  2. BEVOBCGRATS NRD                 $00.00
  3. SAILBEYOND NRD                    -$YY.YY Sail beyond Promotion Discout
  4. Services on board pre-paid      $ZZ.ZZ The prepaid gratuities in original booking
  5. YLX4-PROMO3T                       -$ZZ.ZZ Refund of the prepaid gratuities
  6. YWG1-PROMO2C 11N              $AA.AA 2 perks OBC + Classic BVG 11 Nights
  7. YWG2-BEVCLINGRAT1            -$AA.AA The refund of 2 perks
  8. Tax & Port fees                          $BB.BB
  9. Total to Pay                                $SUM

Promotions applied

1. BEVOBCGRATS NRD
  2. SAILBEYOND NRD

Similar for other legs with difent codes for 10 night and 7 night

Edited by gerelmx

9 hours ago, mazza said:

No timing isn't of the essence, and I intended to call on Tuesday, but hoped that someone here would be able to solve the mystery.  A bit over-keen as I said. Thanks anyway.

The codes in the 2nd leg

YLX1-PROMO3T  refund of the prepaid gratuities
YWF8-PROMO2C 10N 2 perks OBC & BVG 10 night cruise
YWF9-BEVCLINGRAT1 the refund of the 2 perks

The Codes in the 3rd leg

YQE2-Prepaid Gratuities refund of the prepaid gratuities
YWF2-PROMO2C 7N 2 perks OBC & BVG 7 night cruise
YWF3-BEVCLINGRAT7 the refund of the 2 perks

Hope this solves the mystery

Edited by gerelmx

Thanks everyone. It turns out that - as has not been my experience in the past - when I changed the cabin category, the system decided to delete my beverage package/wireless perks and give me a discount on the price instead. No choice, just did it.

The code I was querying was a beverage package for one person only and appeared on the invoice I got when I made the change. As explained to me by the Customer Service person: you get an immediate invoice when you make a change, but the change is finalised within 24 hours, so the second invoice you get should be regarded as the final. The second invoice I got had dropped the beverage package code. No explanation about why the system decided to change my perks. But too late now.

My only option now is to cancel this booking and re-book to get the perks back.