Basic Internet 1Device Just Disappeared!?

Wendylet

So I had posted earlier regarding how to book this basic single device package using my cc discount and thought I would go ahead and call cc to book on the phone as was suggested to me. Prior to this I thought I should just log back into my cruise planner to pull up the amount that the package was so I could see the discount applied correctly. All of a sudden the single device basic package has disappeared and only the unlimited single device package is available. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a glitch and will reappear  in a few days or do they really only sell a limited number of them ahead of time? 😳

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

What was the single device basic package?  I have only seen the unlimited package for long time.

Do you mean a package with a certain amount of minutes?

It is a basic internet package for a single device. Something you would choose to just check emails and use internet, slow speed for sure. I don’t believe it had any restrictions on minutes but the speed was much slower so less money. It was $176 CAD when I saw it last week.  Hoping it will return or as mentioned I will call and request it that way if necessary.

I still see it in my cruise planner.  For one device, there is both the unlimited internet package and the surf internet package.  Is there really a difference in speed?   Here is the description of the surf package.

Our new value-priced Surf Internet Package is for anyone who simply wants the ability to text, check email, surf the web, and keep in touch with family and friends while on vacation. This package does not include VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology such as FaceTime, Skype, or the ability to stream videos though Netflix and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Wendylet said:

It is a basic internet package for a single device. Something you would choose to just check emails and use internet, slow speed for sure. I don’t believe it had any restrictions on minutes but the speed was much slower so less money. It was $176 CAD when I saw it last week.  Hoping it will return or as mentioned I will call and request it that way if necessary.

Thanks.  Perhaps it is something new.  It sounds a lot like one of the Princess Cruise options.  Maybe it is something that will be announced soon?

7 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Thanks.  Perhaps it is something new.  It sounds a lot like one of the Princess Cruise options.  Maybe it is something that will be announced soon?

That has been announced on their website last month and finally added to Cruise Planner a few weeks ago. The speed of the surf package has been reported to be far below 1Mbps which is like the old ADSL days.

When OP posted this, I checked my Cruise Planner and it is still available for me.

Edited by Tourist1292

10 hours ago, Tourist1292 said:

That has been announced on their website last month and finally added to Cruise Planner a few weeks ago. The speed of the surf package has been reported to be far below 1Mbps which is like the old ADSL days.

When OP posted this, I checked my Cruise Planner and it is still available for me.

I missed the change.  I was finally able to see all the packages on my cruise planner.

OP, I see your issue.  When I selected one device the surf option did not show as an option.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I missed the change.  I was finally able to see all the packages on my cruise planner.

OP, I see your issue.  When I selected one device the surf option did not show as an option.

Yes I just tried again and the same as you, as soon as I filter to one device this surf option does not appear. Hopefully I can call and get it arranged. So strange. 

15 hours ago, bebe08 said:

I still see it in my cruise planner.  For one device, there is both the unlimited internet package and the surf internet package.  Is there really a difference in speed?   Here is the description of the surf package.

Our new value-priced Surf Internet Package is for anyone who simply wants the ability to text, check email, surf the web, and keep in touch with family and friends while on vacation. This package does not include VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology such as FaceTime, Skype, or the ability to stream videos though Netflix and YouTube.

It’s really strange as I know I saw it previously to be able to know what the price was. It now only appears if I select 2 devices. I will have to give them a call and I hope the 1 device is still available!

7 hours ago, Wendylet said:

It’s really strange as I know I saw it previously to be able to know what the price was. It now only appears if I select 2 devices. I will have to give them a call and I hope the 1 device is still available!

It finally did show up for me.  At one point it listed all the packages on one screen including for 1-4 devices for unlimited and surfing.  

Good luck.  I am using a mini IPad.

15 hours ago, jagoffee said:

It finally did show up for me.  At one point it listed all the packages on one screen including for 1-4 devices for unlimited and surfing.  

Good luck.  I am using a mini IPad.

Thanks for that info. Worked great as you mentioned. Then I gave a call and booked it with the cc discount no problem. Thanks so much!

On 4/20/2019 at 1:00 AM, Wendylet said:

So I had posted earlier regarding how to book this basic single device package using my cc discount.............. 😳

What's the "cc" discount? Cruise Critic? How does one get that discount?

Doug

33 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

What's the "cc" discount? Cruise Critic? How does one get that discount?

Doug

CC Discount = Captain's Club discount (Celebrity Loyalty benefits).