Barcelona tours

We enjoy walking food tours.  Had a great time with the Tapas, Taverns & History of Barcelona tour from Devour Tours.  Great history of the gothic quarter plus several stops at local tapas places for food and wine.

Edit: We only had 4 people on our tour...us and another couple.  I think that's unusual but guessing no more than 10 people normally as some of the tapas places are small.

Edited by bobmacliberty

Barcelona is very easy to do on your own. The HOHO buses are great and go everywhere. Depending on your activity level I did a Fat Tire Bicycle tour that was a lot of fun and through the flatter sections of BCN. 

3 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

We are planning to spend a few extra days in Barcelona next year prior to our cruise.  Will we have trouble if we do not speak Spanish?

I am just beginning to research for our trip.  Thanks for any information.

You may have communication challenges with taxi drivers. 

3 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

We are planning to spend a few extra days in Barcelona next year prior to our cruise.  Will we have trouble if we do not speak Spanish?

I am just beginning to research for our trip.  Thanks for any information.

No,  for both of our Med cruises out of Barcelona, we flew in 3 day in advance and stayed an extra day post cruise.  Did not have issues communicating

Both Spanish and Catalan are spoken in Barcelona.  Many places that rely on tourism will speak English.  I always try to learn a few basics words/phrases wherever I go and people usually appreciate that I at least try to speak their language...even if I butcher it pretty badly.  I also always download the local language pack to my phone for Google Translate.  Works great for taxi drivers or others who can't speak English and you don't need a data connection.

I am flying 3 days prior to our cruise in Aug. Have a full day tour booked with Barcelona Day Tours the middle day we are there - city tour and Montserrat. The first day we are planning on just winging it on our own and staying awake as long as possible.  The 3rd day is embarkation day and we will buy tickets in advance to Sagrada Familia early in the morning and enjoy a few hours there before heading over to get  on the ship.  

As Clarea said, head over the Spain Ports of Call forum.

4 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

I am flying 3 days prior to our cruise in Aug. Have a full day tour booked with Barcelona Day Tours the middle day we are there - city tour and Montserrat. The first day we are planning on just winging it on our own and staying awake as long as possible.  The 3rd day is embarkation day and we will buy tickets in advance to Sagrada Familia early in the morning and enjoy a few hours there before heading over to get  on the ship.  

I think you're in great shape to enjoy your trip. We did nearly the same things you have booked...and have wonderful memories.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I think you're in great shape to enjoy your trip. We did nearly the same things you have booked...and have wonderful memories.

Happy to hear this. So excited - my first and possibly only trip to Europe (if my pocketbook has a say in the matter). lol

• Like 1