Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

10 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

According to the blog that shall not be named, he isn't. 

Michael Bayley  stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.
The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into  in 2023.

2 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Michael Bayley  stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.
The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into  in 2023.

Things changed since he said that. It isn’t happening now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Starting January 2024….. let’s see if Mr Bayley keeps his promise of bringing her to Southampton first…. However the Solent in January holds little appeal for those outside pools…

12 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

According to the blog that shall not be named, he isn't. 

No surprise she's not coming to Southampton given the delay... she's obviously built for the Caribbean weather. The first revenue sailing won't take place until late January.

Sailings from Miami beginning January 28, 2024 offering alternative Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, with every single itinerary visiting Perfect Day at CocoCay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sowhat said:

I think that one of 2 things are happening since the initial projections of her being ready late summer allowing for that option.

1. They know it is delayed and are planning on starting sailing in January and given the weather it doesn't matter what he promised...maybe there will be a couple of 2 day trade event sailings but that's it

2. They are not 100% certain on the delivery date so they are releasing itineraries starting in January and once a delivery date is confirmed fall itineraries may be released.

While what you said was correct Mr. Bayley never said how many or how long the itineraries would be.  I suspect that by make her debut there would have only been a couple of media / trade event sailings to introduce her and not actual revenue sailings

Published today in USA Today: 

The ship will sail from Miami on year-round Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, and each voyage will visit the cruise line’s private island in the Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, according to a news release. Hideaway Beach, an adults-only area with cabanas, pools and ocean views, will open at the destination in 2024.

So that smoking section is right in a walking path to get to the aft elevators. I am ok with smoking sections but wish it weren't on the path. And there appears to be a staircase just above Smoking area, but I don't see where that goes, do you?

image.png.dc7a673138bfe50bf694fca76a3a8b25.png

Looking at the currently available deck plans, I see some unlabeled restaurants

Deck 7 @ Splashaway Bay: 3 unnamed spaces. Maybe a Johnny Rockets, a Hotdog stand, and 2nd level of Playmakers

Near the Pearl = this is probably Pearl Cafe

Deck 8 Fwd - unnamed restaurant - Wonderland?

Aquatheater deck = unnamed food area could be Mason Jar near the theater.

There's an extra food icon inside Hooked, which I think could be Chef's Table.

And then an unnamed restaurant on the Starboard side = Portside BBQ?

Edited by robmtx

While i am not interested in the waterpark or family areas, i think all of the things they did with the pools are great, and the lounge at the top of the Pearl is what I think is missing on Oasis class ships. I love interior venues with outward views. The pearl itself is one of the biggest let downs on this entire ship. So much was made about what amounts to a staircase. The boardwalk area looks like a cheesy aisle at toys r us though. They really are going way overboard with the bright colors. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think that one of 2 things are happening since the initial projections of her being ready late summer allowing for that option.

1. They know it is delayed and are planning on starting sailing in January and given the weather it doesn't matter what he promised...maybe there will be a couple of 2 day trade event sailings but that's it

2. They are not 100% certain on the delivery date so they are releasing itineraries starting in January and once a delivery date is confirmed fall itineraries may be released.

While what you said was correct Mr. Bayley never said how many or how long the itineraries would be.  I suspect that by make her debut there would have only been a couple of media / trade event sailings to introduce her and not actual revenue sailings

I always said  it would be a couple of trade/media/pinnacle events then she would be outta there…. I never anticipated a revenue season starting in October. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

maximum passenger capacity of 7,600

Yikes, it's not that much bigger than Oasis class which tops out around 6700-6900 I think.

So add another 700 - 900 kids onboard in the summer time. 6300 on Oasis felt crowded.

15 minutes ago, robmtx said:

So that smoking section is right in a walking path to get to the aft elevators. I am ok with smoking sections but wish it weren't on the path. And there appears to be a staircase just above Smoking area, but I don't see where that goes, do you?

image.png.dc7a673138bfe50bf694fca76a3a8b25.png

Looks like there is a staircase down to Deck 15 that isn't on the deck plans, you can see it here:

image.png.97c9215d8e029452f2cc07a747d55c23.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrBoccia said:

Ok, as expected - Oasic class with Edge cabins. And some clean-ups.

Ugh the Edge style cabins are a bummer IMO I'm not a fan of that style. I like all the family stuff and the big waterpark but it's pretty much a Oasis class on steroids.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Looks like there is a staircase down to Deck 15 that isn't on the deck plans, you can see it here:

That actually would work fine to go from Cloud 17 down to get a taco or lunch at WJ without having to bother the smokers.

13 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Looking at the currently available deck plans, I see some unlabeled restaurants

Deck 7 @ Splashaway Bay: 3 unnamed spaces. Maybe a Johnny Rockets, a Hotdog stand, and 2nd level of Playmakers

Near the Pearl = this is probably Pearl Cafe

Deck 8 Fwd - unnamed restaurant - Wonderland?

Aquatheater deck = unnamed food areas maybe a new cafe for the theater.

There's an extra food icon inside Hooked, which I think could be Chef's Table.

And then an unnamed restaurant on the Starboard side = Portside BBQ?

I was hoping for a level 2 playmakers but appears not to be the case. In the mockups it is just called "Surfside Eatery", not sure if that is the real name or just a working-title.

When standing at the staircase by the entrance to Surfside on Deck 6, you can see Playmakers:

image.thumb.png.a241528e1ae89d3883c80649e1facb4f.png

And just above it is "Surfside Eatery"

image.thumb.png.b38308a12f6211d8fe9f4e4f3c0dca0b.png

11 minutes ago, robmtx said:

maximum passenger capacity of 7,600

Yikes, it's not that much bigger than Oasis class which tops out around 6700-6900 I think.

So add another 700 - 900 kids onboard in the summer time. 6300 on Oasis felt crowded.

But it is more spread out. The entire boardwalk is for families. It was always empty in our Wonder cruise. We had 6400 on our sailing. Didnt feel that crowded. Besides the 7600 is max capacity. 

• Like 1