Alaska Menus

jtdlmc

35 minutes ago, jtdlmc said:

Would love to see Alaska menus before embarking on my cruise in 2 weeks if anyone going this week or next could post them.  I would be very appreciative 🥰

They are not much different that the cruises to Mexico or Caribbean.  I know I have the Crown Grill menus from last year I will check my camera to see if I took any from the main dinning room.  Of course all of the fish selections are very fresh and good.  We will be on the Grand leaving out of San Francisco on May 6th

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toescat said:

They are not much different that the cruises to Mexico or Caribbean.  I know I have the Crown Grill menus from last year I will check my camera to see if I took any from the main dinning room.  Of course all of the fish selections are very fresh and good.  We will be on the Grand leaving out of San Francisco on May 6th

We'll be on the Grand out of SF in July. My understanding is that the base menu won't be too different, but there may be some "specials" based on region. If you are up for capturing the menus on your sailing, I know I would love to get a preview! Especially as it may help us in deciding what nights to do specialty dining. 🙂

• Like 1

We did a B2B last year to Alaska, 7 days each.  The menus were repeated each week.  And as previously noted they are just about the same as for any other 7 day cruise.  

Last year the Ruby Princess (not sure if any other ships did then or since then) introduced new dinner menus at the beginning of the Alaska season.  I'm not sure if they are still/will be using those menus this season.  We liked them.  Take a look at the menus posted on this thread:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Fresh fish?.. I have never seen it on princess. 

We always get a kick out of those who think that the salmon on the  Alaska cruises is fresh, it's frozen farm raised Atlantic salmon.  

4 hours ago, capriccio said:

Last year the Ruby Princess (not sure if any other ships did then or since then) introduced new dinner menus at the beginning of the Alaska season.  I'm not sure if they are still/will be using those menus this season.  We liked them.  Take a look at the menus posted on this thread:

We sailed Ruby, the first sailing her Menus changed...end of March beginning of April 2018.Then sailed with her again in May to Alaska they were tweaked...most recently FEB.2019 they have changed them again since the dry dock in Nov.....the only ship that no longer serves butter with dinner rolls, the favored spreads are gone...now an olive oil  dip.

Definitely different from the fleet....but  thought I heard CB had chicken & waffles too or at least it was a trial ??????

Edited by land lover
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dani24 said:

We'll be on the Grand out of SF in July. My understanding is that the base menu won't be too different, but there may be some "specials" based on region. If you are up for capturing the menus on your sailing, I know I would love to get a preview! Especially as it may help us in deciding what nights to do specialty dining. 🙂

Yes, I will post menus after we sail.  We also have some specialty dining credits, which is why I wanted to see them ahead of time.

• Thanks 1

I too would like to see the new Alaska menus.  We're sailing with our family, nine of us,  and have two members with food sensitivities or preferences.  I would love to be able to share potential menus with them.  We are registered for traditional dining so we can sit together for dinner.  We are going to be on the Royal sailing from Vancouver.  Thanks to anyone who can reply.

Just curious, we will be on the Ruby June 1st and on one of the boards the other day someone stated that on Sea Days they had Alfredos in Sabatinis while they were on the Ruby. We have been on the Ruby several times, and have not noticed this, but hope it is true as we love Alfredos on the Grand and other ships. Anyone who knows if this is still going on please let me know.

Also, does any one know what drinks will be available in Alaska. We had Duck Farts and Polar Bears on the last cruise to Alaska on the Ruby, that was 2 years ago, but when we were on other ships in the last 2 years-in Europe and Panama and Mexico- we have been told that yes, they know how to make them, but do not have them set up on the menu so they will not make them as they could not find a way to bill us. Just wondering.

Since Princess buys in bulk across the fleet you will not see that fresh Alaskan caught fish. Princess, along all Carnival Corp fleets have a tremendous buying power when it comes to food. Somewhere between 15 and 20 pp per day to feed one person  in non pay venues. So don't count on 12 $ a pound seafood.

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

That's the same one I posted earlier (post #6).  Wasn't able to find a more recent version.

Uggh, sorry, I don’t know how I missed your post 🤦‍♀️

On 4/26/2019 at 3:03 AM, jtdlmc said:

Yes, I will post menus after we sail.  We also have some specialty dining credits, which is why I wanted to see them ahead of time.

Are you doing a 7 night or 10? Just want to make sure I follow you around 😉 We do a 10 on Grand at the end of May. 🙂 

Did Ruby 12 night, and we had repeats of menus.  When in Alaska, there is one night that had multiple selections (like King Crab legs).  Other nights, there were 2-3 Alaskan selections. 

And Carnival Corporation is purchasing the seafood, loaded wherever the turnaround port is, which none are in Alaska. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.43.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.44.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 6.44.31 PM.png

3 hours ago, Shaver John said:

Just curious, we will be on the Ruby June 1st and on one of the boards the other day someone stated that on Sea Days they had Alfredos in Sabatinis while they were on the Ruby. We have been on the Ruby several times, and have not noticed this, but hope it is true as we love Alfredos on the Grand and other ships. Anyone who knows if this is still going on please let me know.

There is no Sabatini on the Ruby, there is Share.  We had crab legs last night at dinner in the MDR and they were very good.  The food has been better than we have had in the last few years on Princess.  Sunny days in every port, unbelievable for this time of year.  On our way to Glacier Bay tomorrow.

Cindy 

2 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Did Ruby 12 night, and we had repeats of menus.  When in Alaska, there is one night that had multiple selections (like King Crab legs).  Other nights, there were 2-3 Alaskan selections. 

And Carnival Corporation is purchasing the seafood, loaded wherever the turnaround port is, which none are in Alaska. 

Princess does have a turnaround port in Whittier.

I have been to Alaska a dozen times - I have frequently seen seafood loaded up in Ketchikan onto Princess ships.