2020/2021 Itineraries Released for Caribbean, Panama Canal, Hawaii, Mexico, Calif

azbirdmom

1 hour ago, Kamloops50 said:

Princess has decided not to cruise to Cuba in 2020 or 2021 . They are currently redoing the Pacific Princess cruises .

I'm not surprised.  But I still was hoping it would all work out and they would be able to sail there.

Very weird.  I have not received an Elite booking notice yet for the Caribbean, Panama Canal, and West Coast itineraries.  Oddly I just received such a notice for South America and Japan itineraries that aren't on their marketing launch site just yet but I was able to get to the details by clicking links on the Elite email.  Thinking they jumped the gun on this one since it's awfully early to send out the heads up for these itineraries.

image.png.d975844257243afc6aad93bd75f34bc1.png

PC_2020_2021_SouthAmericaReferenceFlyer_04_2019.pdf PC_2020_2021_AsiaReferenceFlyer_04_2019.pdf

On 4/25/2019 at 5:33 PM, Georgie562 said:

same old boring Mexican riviera itineraries

I wish Princess would mix it up a little bit and do a sea of cortez like the one im doing next year on Holland

Perhaps because Princess ships deployed on the west coast are too large?  What ships does HAL send into the Sea of Cortez?

17 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

No Cuba cruise for Princess at this time.

I really can't blame them.  The Cuba itineraries are so incredibly saturated.  Every cruise line it seems is sending at least one ship there and they really aren't ready for a deluge of cruise ship passengers.

47 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

I really can't blame them.  The Cuba itineraries are so incredibly saturated.  Every cruise line it seems is sending at least one ship there and they really aren't ready for a deluge of cruise ship passengers.

I was thinking they pulled out because of the announcement made last week or so about restricting travel to Cuba to family visits only.  I had a friend going this August via ship and she said she was too worried so she just switched her cruise to another itinerary vs being sorta forced into what the line changed it to if that ban comes to fruition.

27 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I was thinking they pulled out because of the announcement made last week or so about restricting travel to Cuba to family visits only.  I had a friend going this August via ship and she said she was too worried so she just switched her cruise to another itinerary vs being sorta forced into what the line changed it to if that ban comes to fruition.

Could be.  I'm sure it's a business decision based on where they can make the most money and the most passengers happy so they return again.  If you really want to do Cuba, there are a bizillion other choices.

3 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Could be.  I'm sure it's a business decision based on where they can make the most money and the most passengers happy so they return again.  If you really want to do Cuba, there are a bizillion other choices.

True, I am not interested in going...but I know my friend was...I want to say she was doing NCL but cant recall. I would like princess to do Bermuda sailings, but alas they don't so we sail  celebrity and it works out great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

True, I am not interested in going...but I know my friend was...I want to say she was doing NCL but cant recall. I would like princess to do Bermuda sailings, but alas they don't so we sail  celebrity and it works out great.

That makes 2 of us!  I'd love Princess to do week-long Bermuda cruises like Celebrity too.  I've done it with Celebrity and it was awesome but would prefer Princess first.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

That makes 2 of us!  I'd love Princess to do week-long Bermuda cruises like Celebrity too.  I've done it with Celebrity and it was awesome but would prefer Princess first.

Yes 100%. We loved the time we spent there and while we did love some of the different things celebrity did vs princess we just feel a bit more at home, relaxed on princess...but celebrity is better than HAL...we didn't have alot of ahh moments on the one we did.

• Like 1

Back to the key issue of new routes:  Do we have any further corroboration that Princess will open bookings on these new routes on May 8?  It seems unlikely, given that new South America and Asia routes were just publicly announced today by Princess and with a May 15 booking date.  May 8 is a week earlier and nothing officially from Princess.

I've been looking at the Caribbean sailings and the Caribbean Islander looks wrong to me?

surely they will not have time to go back to Fort Lauderdale in the middle????

Plus if I compare it to this years similar one on the Regal there appears to be to many port stops.

if it did have that many i'd be interested but I guess it's a mistake......

On 4/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, Redhaven said:

Back to the key issue of new routes:  Do we have any further corroboration that Princess will open bookings on these new routes on May 8?  It seems unlikely, given that new South America and Asia routes were just publicly announced today by Princess and with a May 15 booking date.  May 8 is a week earlier and nothing officially from Princess.

They will open May 1 at 9AM PDT.

26 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

They will open May 1 at 9AM PDT.

Where did you hear this?  Elites haven't been notified yet and it would make more sense for them to send out those emails on Wednesday for booking on May 8th or 9th.

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Where did you hear this?  Elites haven't been notified yet and it would make more sense for them to send out those emails on Wednesday for booking on May 8th or 9th.

I got the email about two weeks ago . I got South America and Asia information last week via email. Did you sign up for notifications of specials and cruises.

Edited by Kamloops50

39 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

I got the email about two weeks ago . I got South America and Asia information last week via email. Did you sign up for notifications of specials and cruises.

Yes, I get the emails.  Perhaps they are opening up first for the Canadian market?