Boarding, Disembarking, and Re-Boarding on Embarkation Day

Hi!  We are sailing out of Vancouver on the Radiance on June 14.  Our ship is scheduled to leave port at 4:30pm.  From what I've read, we should plan to arrive around 10:30 or 11 to be among the first to board the ship.  

We are doing the unlimited dining package.  I am super Type-A and have pretty specific ideas about what time I want to eat dinner each night (and it's what I assume will be pretty in-demand times).  So I'd like to get on the ship as early as possible to get my specialty dining booked.  BUT, I love Vancouver, and would love for our family to have some more time in the city before we board.  With that in mind, is this possible:

Our family goes to the port to drop our bags with the porters.  Then DH and our sons head off to explore.  Meanwhile, I check in, board the ship, make our specialty dining reservations, disembark, and then meet back up with the family.  (I realize that this whole process will probably take a good chunk of time.)  Then closer to the "all aboard" time, our whole family goes back to the port - DH and our sons check-in, and I re-board.  

Would that work?

You have to be on board 90 minutes before scheduled departure.  Not checking in.  On board.    Is 3 hours really enough to explore the city?  

Youd be better iff coming in ng in a day earlier and exploring that day then check out of your hotel at 11 then go straight to the ship

• Like 1

We are coming in on Wednesday night for our Friday sailing, so we will have all day Thursday. I’m just trying to figure out how to balance squeezing the most time out of Vancouver while satisfying my Type A/OCD tendencies 😀. Sounds like OCD may just have to win out on this one. 

Can you book any of your dinners through the cruise planner?  Not sure as we usually do traditional dining and an occasional specialty restaurant.  I don't recall that making those reservations was complicated or time consuming once on board.   There's usually a table once you board where you can make those reservations. 

7 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Can you book any of your dinners through the cruise planner?  Not sure as we usually do traditional dining and an occasional specialty restaurant.  I don't recall that making those reservations was complicated or time consuming once on board.   There's usually a table once you board where you can make those reservations. 

You can't book in advance with me unlimited dining package

5 minutes ago, bearette said:

Just book all you dinners in the planner before hand, then no need to hard early for dinner reservations.

We have the ultimate dining package, so we can’t book specific times until we are on board the ship. 

Thank you everyone for your input! 

We had a specific day and time we wanted to book Wonderland for a anniversary dinner. We booked through the cruise planner, paid full price, once onboard we booked the same night and time again using a package, host cancelled the original booking and received a full refund as a OBC. Works great if you have a special night you don't want to miss. This was aboard Symphony. happy cruising