Crown Princess - Barrel Chairs

JAT0303

Just wanted to report that I requested a barrel chair in our Oceanview cabin for our April 16th transatlantic cruise as soon as we boarded and it was promptly received.

Sorry to start a new thread but wanted to share the news that I was able to get one even though I would have preferred it was there already :).

• Like 5

19 hours ago, JAT0303 said:

Just wanted to report that I requested a barrel chair in our Oceanview cabin for our April 16th transatlantic cruise as soon as we boarded and it was promptly received.

Dis you make the request to your cabin steward or at the Passenger Services desk?

On May 2, 2019 at 7:17 AM, JAT0303 said:

Sorry to start a new thread but wanted to share the news that I was able to get one even though I would have preferred it was there already :).

Thanks for this good news!

17 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Glad you got your request!  Additionally what times where the traditional dining seatings?  And which menus did you have the older ones or the newer ones trialed on the Ruby?

Thanks for the post.

Sorry, we did ATD so I didn't pay attention to the traditional dining times.   The menus were different than we had on the Coral and Island last year but I don't know if they were the same as the ones trialed on the Ruby.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Dis you make the request to your cabin steward or at the Passenger Services desk?

I asked our cabin steward when we got on the ship.  It was there when we went back after lunch so didn't need to escalate to the Passenger Services desk.

10 minutes ago, JAT0303 said:

I asked our cabin steward when we got on the ship.  It was there when we went back after lunch so didn't need to escalate to the Passenger Services desk.

Thanks

We'll be on the Crown in 3 weeks.  I'll see if we can get a barrel chair delivered.  We have traditional dining at 5pm.  Same as it was last November on the Crown.  I should have requested anytime now that I think about it since it's a port intensive cruise and we won't be back at 5pm from many of our tours.  Oh well, we like eating in the Horizon Court more than the dining room.

1 minute ago, theduffys said:

Getting ready for our first ever Princess cruise. Will be in a mini suite on the crown.  Can someone tell me what a barrel chair looks like and, more importantly, why I would want one.

So you won’t have to sit on the bed when eating your breakfast. They are in mini suites

0DF3C457-9BE6-4B0B-B850-50520AAA0ED2.jpeg

The barrel chair is an extra chair in addition to the desk chair in Princess cabins.  Recently they were removed from balcony and ocean view (I think) cabins.  There is still an additional chair in mini-suites.