VOOM PAckage

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

So Royal is selling both (Surf / Surf & Stream) packages on your Cruise Planner now?

Yes, I pre-purchased mine a couple of months ago for my upcoming September 1 sailing.  The price difference was a like $2.00 so I went went the Surf & Stream.

Internet.png

Edited by Mr. Candyman

They have offered a Soda plus VOOM package for our February Allure package. But, if you purchase them separately, they are actually $12 cheaper. It doesn't say on the web page, but I'm wondering if the VOOM package being offered is the Surf & Stream package, and not the Surf only package? That would make the package less expensive...

52 minutes ago, Raxter54 said:

They have offered a Soda plus VOOM package for our February Allure package. But, if you purchase them separately, they are actually $12 cheaper. It doesn't say on the web page, but I'm wondering if the VOOM package being offered is the Surf & Stream package, and not the Surf only package? That would make the package less expensive...

It could be either way...that used to get me when I was comparing prices and had I to double check a few times.  I hadn't found purchasing them separately being cheaper, while include Surf & Stream, but doesn't mean it couldn't ever happen.  Click on "Additional Terms & Conditions Apply" and it should specify.

Edited by Mr. Candyman

1 hour ago, Raxter54 said:

. It doesn't say on the web page, but I'm wondering if the VOOM package being offered is the Surf & Stream package, and not the Surf only package? 

All reports of VOOM bought as part of the combo with drink package have indicated Stream. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

All reports of VOOM bought as part of the combo with drink package have indicated Stream. 

Hmmm, guess I'll buy them separately and keep checking to see if the price changes....

Clarification please.  If I buy a surf and stream package for 2,  ( for my son's phone and his brother's IPAD) can it be used on a 3rd device ( my device ) if one of my boys is logged out ( sleeping)?

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, in2flying said:

Clarification please.  If I buy a surf and stream package for 2,  ( for my son's phone and his brother's IPAD) can it be used on a 3rd device ( my device ) if one of my boys is logged out ( sleeping)?

Thank you.

Yes.  They should actually log off the wifi (go to logoff.com), and then you can log in with another device.  

And then you should log off the system before they try to log back on.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:30 PM, Host Clarea said:

So Royal is selling both (Surf / Surf & Stream) packages on your Cruise Planner now?

On 5/5/2019 at 8:07 PM, h20skibum said:

They are that way on our Indy cruise planner right now also.  Surf for 10.99 and Surf & Stream for 14.99 pre cruise.  

Don’t recall seeing just surf pre cruise before. 

On 5/5/2019 at 8:29 PM, Biker19 said:

Surf only started being available again last year on U.K. sailings and from NA. 

Both "Surf" as well as "Surf & Stream" are currently available for Oasis June 9 Western Mediterranean.

1-device $9.99 and $11.99

4-device $19.99 and $22.39

On 5/5/2019 at 6:43 PM, marty's mom said:

what is the real difference betweeen the 2 voom packages?

I just wil want to check email, maybe facebook and text.  Not listening to music or watching videos

Do I need the more expensive option?

I'll be on the Majesty to Cuba

On 5/5/2019 at 6:48 PM, Host Clarea said:

Nope, you can get by with Surf only.  However, check the price in your Cruise Planner.  Many times the Stream package is less expensive pre-cruise than Surf only onboard.

Is the "Surf" package also unlimited like "Surf & Stream", just with lower bandwidth? 

Or is there a data cap?

Edited by willde

Regarding the 4-device internet package:

A participant in another thread described that the package (on Radiance OTS, maybe) provided 1 code that permitted login of 4 devices.  I had the impression from a different thread that 4 codes were provided for 1 device each.  Are there different arrangements on different ships?  More specifically, what is the arrangement on Oasis?

4 hours ago, willde said:

A participant in another thread described that the package (on Radiance OTS, maybe) provided 1 code that permitted login of 4 devices.  I had the impression from a different thread that 4 codes were provided for 1 device each.  Are there different arrangements on different ships?  More specifically, what is the arrangement on Oasis?

It's been a few years since I was on Oasis, so can't confirm on that.  But yes, there are different systems on different ships.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, willde said:

Has always been one code when you purchase a multiple device package on cruise planner.  Only way to get separate codes is to buy 1 device package or sail in a sky or star class suite (each occupant in suite will get a code). 

10 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Has always been one code when you purchase a multiple device package on cruise planner.  Only way to get separate codes is to buy 1 device package or sail in a sky or star class suite (each occupant in suite will get a code). 

I also was under the impression each device would get their own code so how does that work with one code on a 4 device plan?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

I also was under the impression each device would get their own code so how does that work with one code on a 4 device plan?

When four devices are logged on, no more can log in until one of the others logs off.

22 minutes ago, kenrad said:

Can you still buy just 24 hours of access on board? I'd like to be connected at times, but do want to disconnect for the majority of my cruise. 

This is my question too - if so, what is the price for just 24 hour access?  I am trying to decide if it is worth the package if I don't need to get online every day.

thanks!

Yes, I don't know the actual price but it's probably somewhere between $32.00-$50.00.  I believe the prices vary by ship but only with a few dollars of each other.  I think it's cheaper to pre-purchase the package than paying a one time daily price onboard; unless you know for sure you'd only use it one day.  If you purchased the daily access twice you're basically halfway there for the price of the 7 day cruise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisin' soon said:

This is my question too - if so, what is the price for just 24 hour access?  I am trying to decide if it is worth the package if I don't need to get online every day.

thanks!

I found a 2018 price list but searching for something more current

Voom Prices 2018.jpg

Edited by Mr. Candyman

If you literally only want to check your email for an hour a couple times during the week, you can also ask on your Roll Call if anyone will let you borrow their access in exchange for a drink or some cash, etc.  

I get the 4-device package and share it with three other people (they pay me cash for their portion) and we end up paying ~$50/week per person.  

14 minutes ago, brillohead said:

If you literally only want to check your email for an hour a couple times during the week, you can also ask on your Roll Call if anyone will let you borrow their access in exchange for a drink or some cash, etc.  

I get the 4-device package and share it with three other people (they pay me cash for their portion) and we end up paying ~$50/week per person.  

I was contemplating doing that but then I read you only get one code for the multi device plans instead of 4. So if that stranger that you met in roll call gives the code out for some else in their reservation to use what's to say eventually I'd no longer have access?  I know some have said you have to log out and some say it will kick you off if someone else logs into that final slot.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Candyman said:

. So if that stranger that you met in roll call gives the code out for some else in their reservation to use what's to say eventually I'd no longer have access? 

You do need to have some trust and agree with anyone who will share the VOOM package on the rules.