Disembarking in Venice

Luv2cruz1000

I wondered if any one had experience with Carnival disembarking in Venice. We dock at 5 AM. While I know that they have to clear customs, will the be asking people to get off right after that?Thinking it may take an hour so will they be trying to get people off 6-7 am. Interested what other cruise lines do as Carnival has limited travels in Europe.

You will still have until about 9:30 to get off. This is true of pretty much all the cruise lines. You don't have to start at zero dark thirty.

Depending on the previous ports you have stopped at, you may have little or no Immigration (always the most critical and time consuming,  not Customs) or Customs procedures at Venice.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:28 AM, Luv2cruz1000 said:

I wondered if any one had experience with Carnival disembarking in Venice. We dock at 5 AM. While I know that they have to clear customs, will the be asking people to get off right after that?Thinking it may take an hour so will they be trying to get people off 6-7 am. Interested what other cruise lines do as Carnival has limited travels in Europe.

You will have time to get your breakfast, but it won't be breakfast in bed!!

The disembarkation morning is never much fun anyway.    The party is over, everyone wants to move on.  

"You will have time to get your breakfast, but it won't be breakfast in bed!!

The disembarkation morning is never much fun anyway.    The party is over, everyone wants to move on."

Yes it is almost comical how you are everyone's best friend until the last night, then its "get off the ship"!
I was more concerned on timing as I have an airbnb  booked and also wanting to arrange transportation.

Thanks for your help.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

We arrive Venice (Azamara Pursuit) at 7 AM on a Saturday. Our flight to Oslo has been changed to 8.55 AM😟. Do we have any possibilities to reach this plane? I know that the recommended check-in time at Marco Polo is minimum two hours, but when do they actually close the check-in desks? 

Screwcork

29 minutes ago, screwcork said:

We arrive Venice (Azamara Pursuit) at 7 AM on a Saturday. Our flight to Oslo has been changed to 8.55 AM😟. Do we have any possibilities to reach this plane? I know that the recommended check-in time at Marco Polo is minimum two hours, but when do they actually close the check-in desks? 

Screwcork

It has been a couple years since we had our flight from Venice, but the check in itself took over an hour. Not sure how many are in your party and the ages, but they took the 14 year old aside and asked him questions after going through the long queue to check in with the airline.  Then, after checking in with the airline we had a long line to go through the scanners.  Since it appears that the airline changed the time, can you call them and see if there are any other options?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 4:07 PM, screwcork said:

Screwcork

I would not want to spend my whole cruise worrying about this timing.   Do you have any alternatives??  Like another day in Venice😊

On 5/29/2019 at 10:07 AM, screwcork said:

Screwcork

If the airline changed your flight, they should be willing to allow you to change to another flight or delay a day without penalty.  There is no way you are going to make that flight.

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

If the airline changed your flight, they should be willing to allow you to change to another flight or delay a day without penalty.  There is no way you are going to make that flight.

Agree 100% with the above. In the chaos that is Marco Polo airport, the stars would have to be in a 100-year alignment...

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Agree - just recently my flight was changed. I called the airline, complained and my flight was changed to the following day - no penalty.

Edited by dogs4fun