May 8, 2019 - Check your Cruise Planner for New Deals

Just got a notice of some deals available today. Your opportunities may vary based on which specific cruise ship you sail on and the date.

I checked my Cruise Planner - and found that I could cancel 3 items and then I re-booked all 3...saving $57.83. Not a fortune...but did save it nonetheless.

Savings included several items at CocoCay...including a slight reduction in cabana prices, as well as a lower beverage package and also Voom cost.

Nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

You may want to include your ship name and sailing date.

2 Ships, 2 dates

Navigator 11/18/19

Oasis 12/8/19

The amounts of change were different on each, but they both had reductions. YMMV.

This pricing scheme that RCL uses really doesn't sit well with me as a consumer.  I saw this post and immediately checked the price for my upcoming Anthem cruise and it's listed as $51.99.  I was on the fence about purchasing the passes but feel cheated to have to pay more for the same experience that others are getting for approximately half the price.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marbel69 said:

When you purchase the voom surf and stream package for 2 devices - does that mean only one person buy it but the other guest can use it?

Anyone who knows the code can use it, but only 2 devices can be logged in simultaneously.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Each user gets their own passcode for their WIFI service.

Thank you - I guess I wasn’t clear it’s on sale for $20.99 for 2 devices - there will be me and my son traveling - so do only one of us purchase it?

3 minutes ago, Marbel69 said:

Thank you - I guess I wasn’t clear it’s on sale for $20.99 for 2 devices - there will be me and my son traveling - so do only one of us purchase it?

Yes just purchase the 2 device package.  You will be able to log on 2 devices at once.  If you want to switch devices, make sure to go to logout.com in web browser.  That way you can log in a different device.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Yes just purchase the 2 device package.  You will be able to log on 2 devices at once.  If you want to switch devices, make sure to go to logout.com in web browser.  That way you can log in a different device.  

Thank you 

35 minutes ago, frank808 said:

On Enchantment a few weeks ago when I had the  1 device package, if you logged into a different devise it automatically logged you out of the first one.

Wish the Deluxe Beverage Package for December 22nd Allure of Seas cruise would go on sale but I guess I just keep watching.  Also the package for the Soda and Voom.  I paid $21per day on Adventures of the Seas last fall.

Nothing yet for my Feb 2020 Mariner trip, in fact the beverage and internet packages just recently became available to book.

Then I found this disclaimer at the bottom of the page from the sale banner- *Offer applies to select sailings departing May 17, 2019 – November 30, 2019. Discount amount varies by amenity type. The terms and conditions of each amenity and package type apply. See amenity description for details.

Guess I'll have to keep looking as the sail date gets closer

5 minutes ago, scoochy12 said:

On our upcoming cruise on Serenade the 3 day dining plan went down $10 pp. I have already purchased it. What do I do? Can I cancel that one? And then repurchase? Is that how it works?

Yep, that's exactly how it works. Cancel and re-book. I did this last year with a few things I pre-purchased and RC was quick to get the refunds issued

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Yep, that's exactly how it works. Cancel and re-book. I did this last year with a few things I pre-purchased and RC was quick to get the refunds issued

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Marbel69 said:

Yes...or...you can get a single service and "share". Unless you both plan to use it at the same time...that can work for many folks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scoochy12 said:

On our upcoming cruise on Serenade the 3 day dining plan went down $10 pp. I have already purchased it. What do I do? Can I cancel that one? And then repurchase? Is that how it works?

Sometimes you can do a "modify" from the Order History at the top of the Cruise Planner page.  Just tried that with an excursion and it gave me a "something didn't work" message.  So just cancelled and rebooked.

• Like 1

I routinely check almost every day.  No price drops to day on my cruise purchases for this week's cruise, but on my AOS Snowbird Migration cruise on October 7 I saved $26 for the two of us on one excursion.  Previously I saved on another excursion.  I also saved on an internet package that I had already booked when it dropped by a dollar a day.  That is $13 for a 13 night cruise.  It went up again two days later.  Sometimes the prices will go lower and then up again.

Don't be afraid to book something you know you will want to do.  You can always cancel and then immediately rebook at the lower price.  Sometimes the excursion may never reduce in price, but may increase in price.  I kept watching for my post cruise excursion that I booked quite a long time ago to drop in price on my upcoming cruise.  I thought it was a bit pricey, so was sure it would go down, but booked it anyway just to assure we had it.  To my surprise it went UP $10 this week!  I am glad I didn't wait to book it.   I figure I saved $20 (for the two of us) by booking early.   Right now I am fairly confident that I am paying the lowest published price on everything we booked,excursions, internet and dining packages.  

Sometimes your booked excursions may not show up anymore on the excursions list.  Some people think they are sold out when that happens.  Not so all of the time!  Look at your calendar and click on Details and you will see the current price of the excursion.

BTW, I usually book private excursions and they seldom change price.  But there are times that the cruise line excursions are best for our needs,  and when I book them you can be sure I watch the prices carefully.