Sunrise - Your Time Dining / Hub App

mompells

On the Sunrise can you make your "Your Time" dining reservation on the Hub App?  Will the app then notify us when our table is ready?  I know this works on some of the other Carnival ships, but wondering if it is up and running on the Sunrise?  TIA

1 hour ago, mompells said:

On the Sunrise can you make your "Your Time" dining reservation on the Hub App?  Will the app then notify us when our table is ready?  I know this works on some of the other Carnival ships, but wondering if it is up and running on the Sunrise?  TIA

Food & Drinks: A comprehensive list of delicious dining options, dining-related events and dining menus, enticing refreshment venues and beverage-related events. On select ships, you can make dining reservations and check-in to Your Time Dining. Purchase from the app CHEERS! and Bottomless Bubbles beverage programs once on board. 

• Haha 1

I think the dining reservations refers to the for pay restaurants (Italian, Asian, BBQ, etc).  They actually started using the Hub App to check in for YTD and it worked great.  No more waiting in line.  I will never do set time dining again.  Always felt rushed and missed activities.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, moondog73 said:

I think the dining reservations refers to the for pay restaurants (Italian, Asian, BBQ, etc).  They actually started using the Hub App to check in for YTD and it worked great.  No more waiting in line.  I will never do set time dining again.  Always felt rushed and missed activities.

To reiterate what Moondog said, with YTD you are not making a "reservation," you are checking in just as you would if you were at the desk.  The only difference is that the app will alert you when your table is ready without you have to physically walk to the desk to check in.  In-app reservations are for specialty dining venues.

I can't wait to try the HUB app check in on my next cruise!

• Like 1

We were just on the Vista 2 weeks ago and used the App.  You are basically "requesting a table" which is checking in.  Once it assigns you a table, it sends on the App a notice and you have 10 minutes to arrive at the restaurant to the desk.  So, you must be dressed and ready to go.  We found that by the time we did this, and then left our room and walked to the dining room, we would get the notice and Table number.  You then just show your phone to the hostess, they read the table number and off you go with a waiter just like normal.  No standing around in the hallway waiting.

However.... we did see lots of people who still showed up at dining room without doing this, standing around.

Also it says RIGHT ON YOUR S&S CARD - go to check in at the desk on Deck 4 by Pixels studio.  You are not supposed to go to dining room like every other ship...  you have to check in first.  Its easier just to use the App, we found out.

1 hour ago, ABQrobin said:

We were just on the Vista 2 weeks ago and used the App.  You are basically "requesting a table" which is checking in.  Once it assigns you a table, it sends on the App a notice and you have 10 minutes to arrive at the restaurant to the desk.  So, you must be dressed and ready to go.  We found that by the time we did this, and then left our room and walked to the dining room, we would get the notice and Table number.  You then just show your phone to the hostess, they read the table number and off you go with a waiter just like normal.  No standing around in the hallway waiting.

However.... we did see lots of people who still showed up at dining room without doing this, standing around.

Also it says RIGHT ON YOUR S&S CARD - go to check in at the desk on Deck 4 by Pixels studio.  You are not supposed to go to dining room like every other ship...  you have to check in first.  Its easier just to use the App, we found out.

We're on the Sunrise now and love the app. As stated, you need to be prepared to be there in the 10 minutes once you get your Table Ready notification

Screenshot_20190508-174529_Carnival HUB.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-185949_Carnival HUB.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-190107_Carnival HUB.jpg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, imescaping said:

I would be interested in this information for Carnival Inspiration. I loathe anytime dining and think being able to reserve through the app may make it more tolerable. 

you know you don't have to chose YTD if you loathe it so much.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:15 PM, Butterbean1000 said:

you know you don't have to chose YTD if you loathe it so much.

All great if you can book well in advance, unfortunately, I usually book close in.  Often YTD is all that is available.  Trust me I am only relegated to it, I do not choose it.  

10 hours ago, imescaping said:

All great if you can book well in advance, unfortunately, I usually book close in.  Often YTD is all that is available.  Trust me I am only relegated to it, I do not choose it.  

Interesting, because from my experience YTD is the hardest one to get if you book late

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 6:11 PM, newpherchris said:

We're on the Sunrise now and love the app. As stated, you need to be prepared to be there in the 10 minutes once you get your Table Ready notification

Screenshot_20190508-174529_Carnival HUB.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-185949_Carnival HUB.jpg

Screenshot_20190508-190107_Carnival HUB.jpg

This is amazing, thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, ABQrobin said:

Thank you! very helpful! 
After you check-in via the app and have the table available, do you just go to the dining room then? 

Also, are you able to make requests via the app (specific dining team, table size)? 
TIA!

2 hours ago, Laney219 said:

Thank you! very helpful! 
After you check-in via the app and have the table available, do you just go to the dining room then? 

Also, are you able to make requests via the app (specific dining team, table size)? 
TIA!

On the App you check in how many people you have, and then request table.  It does not ask table size or area in room.  You have exactly 10 minutes to arrive and claim the table or it cancels.  So you need to be dressed and walking that way before you do the App.  If you want to request a certain area of dining room, dining team, you can't use the App.  

On 5/20/2019 at 11:34 AM, erikaem86 said:

This is a cool new feature.  It didn't exist 12 months ago when I was on the Sunrise, or at at least I wasn't aware of it.

I assume that you were on the Sunshine ... the Sunrise didn't exist 12 months ago 😉

You're right.  It is a cool new feature.  I hope that they have it on my next cruise!

Edited by Schoifmom

Don't worry--we were on Sunrise just over the weekend and forgot about the app for YourTime dining!  😆We used it to check our account, FunTimes info, etc.   But for dinner we walked up to the desk on deck 5, after the few people in line we got our table right away and went to dinner.   This was around 6pm.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:47 AM, Schoifmom said:

To reiterate what Moondog said, with YTD you are not making a "reservation," you are checking in just as you would if you were at the desk.  The only difference is that the app will alert you when your table is ready without you have to physically walk to the desk to check in.  In-app reservations are for specialty dining venues.

I can't wait to try the HUB app check in on my next cruise!

And you will love it.  It totally sold me on YTD.  I wasn't a fan before but am now. 

• 2 years later...

I have a Question, in regard to this feature. What if you are sailing with family or friends, that amount to more than 1 cabin, but you all want to sit together? Is there a way to check in more than 1 cabin, with the app, or is that done in person?

On 5/20/2019 at 11:34 AM, erikaem86 said:

This is a cool new feature.  It didn't exist 12 months ago when I was on the Sunrise, or at at least I wasn't aware of it.

Deleting because I just realized this post is two years old 

Edited by pohlerbear

On 5/29/2019 at 8:01 AM, ABQrobin said:

On the App you check in how many people you have, and then request table.  It does not ask table size or area in room.  You have exactly 10 minutes to arrive and claim the table or it cancels.  So you need to be dressed and walking that way before you do the App.  If you want to request a certain area of dining room, dining team, you can't use the App.  

When your table is ready, if you wish to request a certain team, you just go to the counter and make the request.  So long as the team has a table open, they will move you. I requested a server on my first night on the Magic this week.  By the second or third night they just assigned me to his team automatically and I was with him the rest of the cruise.  

Editing to answer the more recent post- I didn't need to do this but I think on the carnival site you can link your other cabins for dining. When I checked in on the app, it allowed me to check in everyone or just some of my room- I don't recall if you could check in other rooms. It does say for parties larger then 10 you have to go to the desk.  

Edited by pohlerbear
  • Like 1