Would you book a summer Allure cruise now?

I know Allure has been changing the port times and in some cases changing the ports. I’m not that worried about that. What I’m worried about is them possibly canceling. Is that incredibly unlikely? Would it be too risky to book an August cruise on a ship with Allure’s current issues? I would of course get insurance but it would be hard to find a good price on a comparable cruise if it was cancelled at the last minute. 

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

If someone is more interested in the ports and the amount of time at each port, then I think I would pass on booking Allure right now.

I’m much more interested in the ship. I’d be satisfied with any ports honestly. I just don’t want the entire cruise to get canceled.

If the price is right I would book it.  They have put out the schedule changes so you can see what they are doing.  Not sure they updated the web pages with port changes but if you know what they are it should not be a problem.

The Allure Of The Seas will continue with its revised schedule until further notice. The only way that I believe would cause the ship to cancel a scheduled sailing is if the Azipod situation continues to get worse. I recently read that Oasis Of The Seas cancellations due to the incident in Freeport, Bahamas caused Royal Caribbean to lose over fifty two million dollars  in lost sales.

Because  they have notified people that the itineraries are changing until the end of October, I feel they are planning to continue sailing with no cancellations until then at least.  I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the itineraries until they sail to Europe for the dry dock.

Too much was lost on Oasis and they don't want to cancel any cruises and lose more money.  JMO.

I would book it (just did in fact), but Caribbean ports don't matter to me. The revised itineraries are released through October, so baring additional propulsion problems, what you see should be what you get. Allure is running 3 itineraries this summer. The eastern that included St Thomas was most effected as they dropped St Thomas entirely. The Eastern that included St. Maartin was only effected by removing 2 hours from San Juan (but they added an hour in Labadee). Sounds like the Western itinerary had minimal changes also.  There are no guarantees of ports on any ship.