Northstar for Ovation of Seas May 13 loaded in

20 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Hey folks I just logged and was surprised to see Northstar loaded in for reservations.

Get going now folks

I am excited to be on the ship May 13th.  Hoping we make it under the bridge.  

Thanks

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Thank you so much for this!

I just booked. Have you posted this on our roll call?

Sorry I am not on the roll call.  feel free to do so .

Again note sure if all the weeks are loaded but May 13th is.  They might only do a week or so in advance

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Hoping we make it under the bridge.

I tried to find the height above water line for this ship but couldn't.  As a point of reference - I believe Norwegian Bliss is 200 feet from the water to the highest point, there's an 8 minute window where it's a "safe" pass under the Vancouver bridge during low tide.

Anthem did not have it swing out over the sides at sea .  They said that it takes longer to do that and want a shorter experience to move people thru faster. It will also be closed at sailaway when there is a bridge that they need to pass under and it opens after clearing the bridge. Sounds like they will have to wait for low tide as the bridge is 200 ft at high tide.  Norwegian BLISS also has to pass under at low tide to clear

Can someone tell me the cost of Northstar and the duration of the experience? We're on Ovation in July and hoping to pre-book, but haven't seen it come up on Cruise Planner yet. Not sure if it's just too early or if it has to be booked once onboard. Thanks!

1 minute ago, MrsLJackson said:

Can someone tell me the cost of Northstar and the duration of the experience? We're on Ovation in July and hoping to pre-book, but haven't seen it come up on Cruise Planner yet. Not sure if it's just too early or if it has to be booked once onboard. Thanks!

There is no charge for North Star other than when you are at Hubbard Glacier.  They are charging $49.99 for that ride.😱

I wonder if they will be charging Star Class for the Hubbard Glacier ride.  Depending on what other people say, we might be willing to pony up that much money.  Hopefully someone will post what it was like and if they thought it was worth the cost.