Harmony of the Seas or Symphony?

I'm having a really hard time trying to decide which to book.  We have sailed on the Oasis and the Symphony and are now considering the Harmony.  We loved the Symphony's solarium with the pool, as tiny as it was, but since the Harmony will save us $700 we are considering it as well.  

For those that have sailed both what are your thoughts?  Which would be your first choice to sail again?  Pros and cons are more than welcome.  

TIA

I have sailed both and the Solarium being present or absent was never an issue for us. I thought I was in Love with Harmony when we sailed her Inaugural Season, but was I WoW'd when we sailed Symphony in Barcelona during her first couple months. I LOVE everything Symphony!!!! I am about to sail Harmony again next spring because Symphony wasn't an option, but if she had been it would be a no brainer for us 😎😍 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

They are practically identical ships.....

They are not identical ships...They have different venues and activities...Well the last time I was on Harmony our experience was nothing like on Symphony. Our cabin was different, The Windjammer was different, they have NEW Mexican "El Loco" which is amazing with fresher menu, Hooked Seafood is NEW, Playmakers Arcade and Sports Bar on the Boardwalk is NEW and my grandsons spent a lot of time there. I could go on and on...Sure, the BASIC layout is similar, but there is a lot thats different too.😘  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

It was horrible...

I agree.  I thought it was no better than a Red Lobster but from what I have read most don't agree.  

Yeah, I know they are practically the same ship but they are different, which is why I'm wondering which one people would choose and why.  I'm fence sitting here.  

Edited by tinkertwo

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Did you try Hooked?  What did you think of it?

There were so many different and new places to try on Symphony, we didn't ever get a chance to try Hooked. If I sail her again, it is must do for us. I have however read mixed reviews. It's been 50/50...either you love it or you don't. I look forward to my chance to cast my vote.😊 

For us we went with the Harmony as we prefer to cruise out of Port Canaveral (cheaper flights, gives us the chance to do a day at a theme park, gives us the chance to visit my nephew who lives in Orlando - have dinner with him).  If we can stay away from Miami or Fort Lauderdale (although so many good cruise choices from there), we are happier campers.  

• Like 1

I love both, for a $700 difference I'd probably do Harmony, but if they were closer to the same price I'd do Symphony. 

We were one of the ones who did Hooked and loved it. We had the Ultimate Dining Package on the Transatlantic and actually changed around our reservations the last few nights to do Hooked a second and third time. It was probably our favorite specialty restaurant in the fleet.

• Like 1

• Clarea changed the title to Harmony of the Seas or Symphony?
5 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

I'm having a really hard time trying to decide which to book.  We have sailed on the Oasis and the Symphony and are now considering the Harmony.  We loved the Symphony's solarium with the pool, as tiny as it was, but since the Harmony will save us $700 we are considering it as well.  

For those that have sailed both what are your thoughts?  Which would be your first choice to sail again?  Pros and cons are more than welcome.  

TIA

The ships are nearly identical. Yeah, swap one shop for another,,, swap one restaurant for another. Nothing would drive a decision one way or another.

Just because it is newer, we would pick the Symphony (all things equal). For a $700 difference, we could be persuaded to sail on the Harmony. 

Here's links to our live post from the Symphony last November and the Harmony last week....

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  I bit the bullet after weighing pros and cons and booked Symphony with a non refundable deposit.  That makes it less likely I will try and second guess myself.  

Everyone's comments are truly appreciated.  Again, thanks!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tinkertwo said:

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  I bit the bullet after weighing pros and cons and booked Symphony with a non refundable deposit.  That makes it less likely I will try and second guess myself.  

Everyone's comments are truly appreciated.  Again, thanks!

GREAT CHOICE!!!! Enjoy her 😍

• Like 1