Free at sea dining

misguy

2 minutes ago, misguy said:

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the number of days for the dining package on board?

The only option to add to the number of days is to buy another package.

Unfortunately, that means that if, for example, you have 3 meals and want another 3 then you pay the cost for a 3 meal package rather than the difference between 3 and 6.

Consider this option rather than an additional plan. If you plan to eat at a fixed price venue pay direct for those meals and use your meal credits at an a la carte restaurant. You will get extra specialty dining, spend less per meal and not be locked into 6 special meals. A sample week might be (prices for the Epic):

Modern $29.95pp

Teppanyaki $29.95pp

Cagney 

Lebistro 

LaCucina

Los Lobos is a Specialty restaurant that people also report just paying for rather use a credit. We did that on the Bliss. First and only Specialty meal on NCL we shared large portions and maybe spent $30 for appetizers, extra side and fish entree.

We will have the promotion package next cruise and will use them on the Cirque show with upcharge, Lebistro and Lacucina. Our first time with the package. 

Edited by Nola26

I have never used a package before, but I got the opportunity to upgrade from an inside to a family balcony, and since I bought the upgrade I got the additional perks.  So I selected the dining package.  We are on the Jewel so we only have the 5 choices.  We will probably live with three and be good with that. Funny thing is the upgrade only cost $71.00 total and we got the free at sea dining and $100.00 OBC.

You cannot "upgrade" per se.  You can buy more meals, but whatever additional meal package you buy will be at the normal price for that package.  The fact you have 3 or 4 meals through FAS is of no concern.

Edited by Birdie And Sue

4 hours ago, misguy said:

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the number of days for the dining package on board?

If you mean the package you get from the "free at sea" perk, no. If you bought a package yourself, then yes, you can upgrade to a higher number. We did this for my daughter, going from 3 to 4.