Complementary food at Vintages?

Hubby and I cruised Oasis and Allure last year. We loved Vintages! I distinctly remember paying a la cart for the tapas. For our upcoming cruise on the Harmony we purchased the Unlimited Dining Plan. I was disappointed to see that the food at Vintages was not included. So I sent an email to Royal Caribbean. Here is their response:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We are very sorry you are disappointed with the Unlimited Dining Package. We appreciate you taking the time to share your honest evaluation of this package and your desire to see Vintages added to the list of included venues. Please note that while beverages are at current menu prices, the food offered in Vintages is complementary.

So my question is, when did they switch to complementary food at Vintages? Or was this RCL employee misinformed? I would love it if the food there was complementary! But somehow, I think that might just be too good to be true. 

• Like 1

Me too.  Perhaps they were talking about food at Vintages on smaller ships like the Liberty, where food is cheese. After loving the food offerings at Vintages on the Allure,  and having them as meals several times, we were disappointed when we discovered that it didn’t exist on smaller ships. 

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The food in Vintages is neither complementary nor complimentary.

Well, I guess that it IS complementary, since it completes or fills out your wine order.

That was very tactful!  I know we are not allowed to correct the spelling of CC members, but I am not sure if that also applies to Royal Caribbean.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

The food in Vintages is neither complementary nor complimentary.

Well, I guess that it IS complementary, since it completes or fills out your wine order.

Oh good call. I didn't catch the spelling. But they spelled it "complementary." And I should have known better. Lol.