Picture Imperfect: Live on Harmony

While the others are having MDR dinner,we opt for fresh stir fry in the Windjammer. And oh, did I mention the Crepes Station!? 

I like tgis lighter brighter wider WJ. There may be fewer tables bug a dinner there is plenty of space! 

EB40E9C9-E987-47FB-8349-DCA82F773CA7.jpeg

D96CB69B-0C29-4DB7-8E25-8D8025ACD38D.jpeg

31AFB9F4-6480-46DB-AC24-94C6124114CE.jpeg

• Like 1

Love the WJ update, thanks for posting!  Anything cook-to-order is perfect for my picky wife.  She can make "her" stir fry.  Following your thread is making my pre-cruise diet quite difficult.

We were pretty sure we had the AM, Moe, before and after seeing that pic we're sure of it.  It just wasn't with Bing Bong.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

JUST DESSERTS 

We will admit to being a bit “disappointed” with desserts. I understand that to make and cut and keep out on a buffet or hold for two seatings, most have to be a bit “gelatinous”. But to us it never feels like dessert. And hubby believes fruit is NOT dessert. 🤣

Well tonight we hit the double jackpot, our favorite flavor, coffee ice cream is available. As well as our second fav, Dulce DeLeche, which means the rest of the week will pistachio and rum raisin 🤪

Also for tea drinkers the only decaf is the chamomile. 

0F93D6E4-D5B1-4E1D-AAD0-C37CD3D31AD2.jpeg

We interrupt this evening with some important news about Royal App. You can see if there are messages once you open the app (see pic below) but you DONT see a notification (little red number) on the app button or get banner notifications in your phone. 

Sevond note: you can use Apple phones iMessage in Royal WiFi without Voom. I texted my daughter and her text came back through while I was on Airplane mode. 

We resume our regularly scheduled evening. 

0D2D1444-7593-442A-8E3B-50C8E653EAEC.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Familygoboston said:

Sevond note: you can use Apple phones iMessage in Royal WiFi without Voom. I texted my daughter and her text came back through while I was on Airplane mode. 

That is a "feature" of Harmony and Q class.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Love the WJ update, thanks for posting!  Anything cook-to-order is perfect for my picky wife.  She can make "her" stir fry.  Following your thread is making my pre-cruise diet quite difficult.

We were pretty sure we had the AM, Moe, before and after seeing that pic we're sure of it.  It just wasn't with Bing Bong.

I think I read on Marc’s FB page that Moe just came back!! In any case they were taping on the promenade! 

Ill try to post what’s in the WJ each night! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Familygoboston said:

I think I read on Marc’s FB page that Moe just came back!! In any case they were taping on the promenade! 

Ill try to post what’s in the WJ each night! 

I’m not familiar with Marc but I did see that on FB & also noticed he lives in Orlando.  Thanks again for the WJ info.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Familygoboston said:

We will admit to being a bit “disappointed” with desserts.

I'm not one to complain about Royal's food.  For me, it ranges from good to great, and good is good enough.  The Applebee's analogy is spot on.  Their dessert however always seems to come up short.  How can you make a chocolate cake taste blah??

Edit: We also seem to be trending more toward Windjammer for dinner.  Only ate in the MDR 3 times on Freedom a couple of weeks ago.  

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's funny, the desserts really aren't that great.  Might not be a bad thing for me since I eat so much other stuff on board.

At least the cookies are still good.  Been addicted to those since my first ever cruise 17 years ago.  I bring a big ziploc now and always half a handful of them in my cabin for snacking.

• Like 1

Oh yes it is!  Arrived early but they have to set up the crew and food first. About 8 am they open the gang way (deck 3 for stair walkers. After pleading with the able to take stairs, they announce only to press the star button in the elevator. Not terribly helpful to walkers🙄

We arrived at 9am and plenty of chairs still avail in chill island. 

20E58248-751B-45F0-9A44-4220BEB7C207.jpeg

I think that’s here at chill grill, where we are in chairs. I’ll take photos. Not sure if I can get them up during the day. Although the WiFi and your drink package “work” on coco cay, the internet is slooow. 

Also bring your seapass card as you can’t use the band to get off the ship. 

Bring your our own towels from the pool before you get off the ship 

if you have your own snorkel gear you can easily snorkel off chill beach where the rentals are. 

I love your review!  If you have a chance while at CoCo Cay, I'm trying to figure out which cabanas are considered South Beach Cabanas now.  I reserved one during our Harmony cruise next year but can't seem to find any pictures of them.

30 minutes ago, mchin said:

I love your review!  If you have a chance while at CoCo Cay, I'm trying to figure out which cabanas are considered South Beach Cabanas now.  I reserved one during our Harmony cruise next year but can't seem to find any pictures of them.

Your guess is as good as mine. There’s overwater and regular cabanas near south beach called coco beach club that open in Dec. see map. 

7F6DF81C-B7F3-407B-8100-6B3AFE58BDB5.jpeg

We ate at Skippers Grill because they have tacos as well as hamburgers fries and hot dogs and ice cream and some very aggressive seagulls! 

(Sorry about the quote- there a big if I quote you it shows up again and I can’t type. So I won’t be quoting any of you anymore!