Elite and Shareholders

kruisey

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

OK I am wrong. Stop condemning me for a mistake. Gee. We will see what happens on Monday. 

1) What do you think "will" happen

2) What do you think "should" happen

3) What would happen that would "make you happy" ?

On 5/25/2019 at 9:54 AM, kruisey said:

For what reason would those with many shares and cruises want Princess to give them more perks and OBC ?

Carnival & Royal Caribbean both offer an OBC for shareholders that have 100+ shares in the company. These were the main reason I purchased those shares. As an "owner" of those companies I enjoy having some extra OBC because I support the company more than other cruisers. 

Why shouldn't I received some credit for supporting the company?

28 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Carnival & Royal Caribbean both offer an OBC for shareholders that have 100+ shares in the company. These were the main reason I purchased those shares. As an "owner" of those companies I enjoy having some extra OBC because I support the company more than other cruisers. 

Why shouldn't I received some credit for supporting the company?

We haven't been able to use our Royal Caribbean shareholder benefit for many years.  If you book your cruise and get any type of offer or promotion, there is no shareholder credit.  If we had bought our stock when it was high, right before they made it almost impossible to use, it would not have been as good an investment.  

Carnival allows stacking deals/credits -- a much better deal -- of course they can change it at anytime.  We were pleased and a bit surprised that Carnival did not limit it when RCI did -- (probably about 10 years ago)   -- This is true for Celebrity, I'm pretty sure it is for Royal also  

• Like 1

I haven't used my Royal Caribbean benefit in yeas, so I did not know about the non-staking policy. I haven't sold it because it just keeps going up. I have used my Carnival many, many times.

If you do not know. Royal Caribbean will only give you the difference in OBC. Here is an example. Lets say you booked and you received a $50.00 OBC promotion  from Royal for a 7 day cruise. You will only receive another $50.00 in OBC from you stocks. A max of $100 for a 7 day cruise. Lets say  you received $100.00 OBC promotion from Royal when you booked. You will get nothing in OBC from your stock. That is a fact. I tried to get the OBC on three different cruises and received the $50.00 difference on only one of the cruises. I sold the stock. Carnival does not do that unless you received some super special that I have never seen out of 46 cruises. No matter what the promotion was or the perks I have always received the FULL OBC from my stocks. That is why I sold the Royal stocks which were also twice the cost of Carnivals. I was very lucky I purchased Royal stock when it was low and sold it high. made a 10% gain. So, in the long run. I am happy with that.

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Plus a great offering by Princess not Carnival or any other cruise line. The Veterans OBC.

Almost correct!  the Veterans' OBC is available on Princess, Cunard and P&O.  And it's a darned nice benefit from those lines too.

Tom

6 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Almost correct!  the Veterans' OBC is available on Princess, Cunard and P&O.  And it's a darned nice benefit from those lines too.

Tom

I was referring to those owned by Carnival. I do not think they are owned by Carnival. I can be mistaken.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Well there ya go. I wish all there Lines honored a Veterans OBC. Darn

Other lines offer fare discounts not OBC.  I know MSC offers 5 - 10% (depending upon the cabin category) fare discounts (multi-rooms if traveling with family) for active and retired US and Canadian military and civil servants (local including teachers, state and federal).  I've heard other lines have military discounts not OBC.