Elite and Shareholders

kruisey

17 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

There is now also the Milestone cruise when you hit 500 days and every 250 after that.

Yes, we received a nice recognition which included flowers, bottle of champagne & strawberries from the maitre'd, a certificate, a a few other nice things. We did go to the top 40 luncheon, but I'm not certain if that was because we were in the top 40 or if was because we were at 500 days. We didn't ask.

Edited by skynight

21 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes, we received a nice recognition which included flowers, bottle of champagne & strawberries from the maitre'd, a certificate, a a few other nice things. We did go to the top 40 luncheon, but I'm not certain if that was because we were in the top 40 or if was because we were at 500 days. We didn't ask.

Were those strawberries a one time thing or did they arrive each day?

On the Crown last Feb the Capt circle host had a sign on her desk letting everyone know the cutoff number for the 40 cocktail party but she said it wouldn't be posted in the future.

9 hours ago, kruisey said:

Yes  so true. It  is great that these days cruising is affordable for all. When I was younger I used to watch The Love Boat and dream. It is now reality for everyone.

While certainly affordable for many, most can only dream of such frivolity. 

19 hours ago, pablo222 said:

1) Greed

2) Pareto efficiency -- I want the most for me, even at the expense of others

Unfortunately, this doesn't work very well, as those 'others' want the same.'

Spending 10s of 1000s of dollars on their cruise line should return something. I appreciate what they offer. In addition, the money I spent on the stock is something everyone can also do. Greed has absolutely nothing to do with this.  It is getting the best bang for YOUR buck. The stock may go up and go down. As long as I keep cruising with them and Carnival, I get a nice return in OBC It is a smart investing that reaps the rewards. I guess you would say me being a Veteran and getting OBC is greed also. So do yourself a wonderful favor and you will feel so much better about yourself. When you book and get perks and OBC. Give it back. Tell them you do not want it. That you are not a greedy person.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Spending 10s of 1000s of dollars on their cruise line should return something. I appreciate what they offer. In addition, the money I spent on the stock is something everyone can also do. Greed has absolutely nothing to do with this.  It is getting the best bang fo YOUR buck. The stock may go up and go down. As long as I keep cruising with them and Carnival, I get a nice return in OBC It is a smart investing that reaps the rewards. I guess you would say me being a Veteran and getting OBC is greed also. So do yourself a wonderful favor and you will feel so much better about yourself. When you book and get perks and OBC.ee Give it back. Tell them you do not want it. That you are not a greedy person.

Everyone should remember the stock OBC is not guaranteed year over year and could disappear

25 minutes ago, memoak said:

Everyone should remember the stock OBC is not guaranteed year over year and could disappear

Yes that is correct. You still have the stock. Not any loss at all. Currently it is down a bit. It will go back up.

30 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Yes that is correct. You still have the stock. Not any loss at all. Currently it is down a bit. It will go back up.

Just wanted to point out that people should not invest in the stock just to get OBC which is not guaranteed to last

3 hours ago, memoak said:

Just wanted to point out that people should not invest in the stock just to get OBC which is not guaranteed to last

Why not? The OBC may end but the stock will not. I do not see the logic. No down side.

3 hours ago, memoak said:

It really depends on how much you sail on Carnival Corp ships. We get $1000 to about 1500 per year in OBC. So over the years our OBC has far exceeded the cost on the 100 shares. If the company went bankrupt today, we would still have made a nice profit.

5 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Spending 10s of 1000s of dollars on their cruise line should return something. I appreciate what they offer. In addition, the money I spent on the stock is something everyone can also do. Greed has absolutely nothing to do with this.  It is getting the best bang for YOUR buck. The stock may go up and go down. As long as I keep cruising with them and Carnival, I get a nice return in OBC It is a smart investing that reaps the rewards. I guess you would say me being a Veteran and getting OBC is greed also. So do yourself a wonderful favor and you will feel so much better about yourself. When you book and get perks and OBC. Give it back. Tell them you do not want it. That you are not a greedy person.

As a Veteran you deserve an extra perk.☺️

This all boils down to those that although they have the 500 days specials and get the special lunch they still feel they should get more OBC and a Super Elite status than those who have not obtained 500 days. I say lucky for them that they have the time and means to reach 500 days. Princess has shown appreciation of their loyalty.

Edited by kruisey
Added wod

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

Why not? The OBC may end but the stock will not. I do not see the logic. No down side.

My point is that I have heard many people say they are buying the stock to get the OBC - if it goes away in a year or so and the stock goes downhill as so many are now (especially if Carnival gets hit with a multi-million dollar fine for violating their probation) there are going to be some very unhappy people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kruisey said:

This all boils down to those that although they have the 500 days specials and get the special lunch they still feel they should get more OBC and a Super Elite status than those who have not obtained 500 days.

I see a lot of complaining on these boards about the delays due to the number of people using the laundry perk and I have wondered myself whether they will create a level above Elite when there are too many. I was around when they added the Ruby level so I know it can be done. 

2 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

If you don’t understand the downside of stock market investing you should immediately cash your shares 

Edited by bemis12

Sir I do. Please do not talk to me about what I am doing. I am 73 years old and have been doing stocks for many years with excellent results, So do not preach to me. If you must know. I purchased them when they were very low and have no problem holding these for MY benefit not yours. My return so far is excellent and have no problems with there stock. You do what ever floats your boat. 46 cruises on Carnival and but only 6 on Princess. You think I have received a very good return. You bet.

17 hours ago, memoak said:

My point is that I have heard many people say they are buying the stock to get the OBC - if it goes away in a year or so and the stock goes downhill as so many are now (especially if Carnival gets hit with a multi-million dollar fine for violating their probation) there are going to be some very unhappy people

That fine has been settled. Stocks never stay down.

17 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

I can only hope the stock “goes downhill”, then would be the time to really load up on shares. 

So true. Even now is a good time to do it. They are low. Might go even lower. I did real well buying Royal Caribbeans when they were super low. Having there stock for the OBC is useless. Unlike Carnival. If you already have OBC the same or better than what holding the stock would give. You get nothing or only the difference. When Royals stock climed high, I sold it and did extremely well with that.

21 hours ago, memoak said:

For smart investors they will be happy either way.  If stock stays up they have benefits,  dividends and stock that can be sold possibly at a profit if needed.  If stock goes down a GREAT opportunity to BUY more because it will come back up.  Buy for your kids and grandkids.  Let them learn to love investing and cruising at same time.  Always look for opportunities to buy more low so that you can sell high later.  Buying low can also help balance out your average cost if your first purchase turned out to be on the high side.  So not always bad to see a price drop or correction from time to time.  

1 minute ago, twodaywonder said:

What I read was carnival just paid the 40 million dollar fine. All done.

Did you read the first post quoting the Maimi Herald:

"MIAMI HERALD, today"

A federal judge Wednesday threatened to stop Carnival Corp. from docking its ships at U.S. ports temporarily as punishment for possibly violating probation but said she would make a decision at a hearing scheduled for June 3.

Carnival has been on probation for the last two years as part of a $40 million settlement for illegally dumping oil into the ocean from its Princess Cruises ships for eight years and lying about the scheme to U.S. authorities. While on probation, according to court filings, Carnival Corp. and its subsidiary cruise lines have sought to avoid unfavorable findings by preparing ships in advance of court-ordered audits, falsified records, dumped plastic garbage into the ocean and illegally discharged gray water into Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska. The company also has tried to lobby the U.S. Coast Guard through a back channel to change the terms of the settlement, prosecutors allege. The company has acknowledged these incidents.

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

What I read was carnival just paid the 40 million dollar fine. All done.

You’re just wrong about that. They are almost certain to pay another fine that will be a multiple of that number. In fact, that is the best possible outcome for them