Any advice on who to call if RCCL won't help with an issue

My dad is D+ and has continued cruising since my mom passed away as a solo cruiser.  On some of his solo cruises RCCL has not been applying his points correctly.  Last week we called and got it fixed, which meant he should have hit 340 points three cruises ago and not his last cruise.   If the points had been applied correctly he should have paid 150% and not 200% cruise fare on his last two cruises.    I am not D or D+ and didn't know about this 340 point D+ benefit; last weekend I came on here to ask about internet discounts for D+ and while researching my dad's benefits discovered the missing points and that pricing should have changed at 340.  My dad it not tech savvy so doesn't go on the RCCL website and also didn't know.

Yesterday they RCCL called and said they fixed the points, but they are doing nothing else for him.  I am looking for any advice on who we can call.  Crown and Anchor bounced us to Customer Service, now Customer Service is telling us it is a Crown and Anchor issue.  

I just want to say we are not looking for the world, I just think someone higher up needs to know how a loyal customer is being treated.  

2 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The point problem was fixed.

Why do you think Royal Caribbean owes him anything else?  They don't.

It was in OP's post.

"If the points had been applied correctly he should have paid 150% and not 200% cruise fare on his last two cruises."

• Like 4

Glad the points are fixed. Agree with others it will be an uphill battle to try to get $$ back but worth a shot. If it were me, I would be happy with a modest FCC or OBC. Write a nice email to Michael Bailey and see what happens. 

If the cruises were booked before he hit 340, and before final payment, they should only reprice them at current rates (which could be higher).  If they were booked after he hit 340 he should be eligible for the solo discount.  since he did not catch the error until too late, they may not do anything.

Trust me, we know there is no way they are going to refund the difference and we not expecting it.  I was shocked that they didn't even say "sorry", just got bounced back to C & A who we first dealt with.  They can see he has more cruises booked, they didn't even look to see if the one that he is traveling solo is billed correctly so we still need to deal with that also.

My parents loved cruising.  When my mom passed my dad read a speech called "I just carried the luggage" and told how she was always booking cruises and Disney World for them and their friends, and all that he needed to do was show up and carry the luggage.  I am just annoyed that they have never had an issue once and this could be handled better.  It took them an entire week just to call me back.  Also, I want to make sure going forward the points are applied correctly, there was no rhyme or reason to some missing and some being correct.  I finally have him doing online check in, but that is about it for going online- LOL  

Edited by FinallyConvincedDH2Cruise

59 minutes ago, FinallyConvincedDH2Cruise said:

Also, I want to make sure going forward the points are applied correctly, there was no rhyme or reason to some missing and some being correct.  

The only way to make sure the points are awarded appropriately is for someone to log into his account two weeks after each cruise and check the new total.

As for writing a letter, I recommend reading through this information on the Elliott.org website for how to write an effective letter.  It's important to do a "just the facts" type missive, not a long emotional novel.  

As has been mentioned, your father wouldn't have been eligible for the reduced single supplement until after the points were earned, so depending on when he booked the last few cruises, he may have been better off paying 200% of the original price versus 150% of the current price at the time he earned the perk.  

Good luck!

We have a similar problem, We have completed  four 7 day cruises , two weeks in  a JS cabin and two weeks in a balcony  cabin.
The total number of cruises taken has increased and correct, but the total points have remained the same.
Emailed RCI  various times and received the same answer that the total  points was correct.

Thanks BrilloHead for the advice.  The first cruise after 340... I am not sure what date it was "rebooked", it was booked ages ago when the Symphony first started booking by my mom, then changed to just my dad to a balcony room (was most likely a JS or GS).  The last cruise would have definitely qualified, it was booked last minute with some relatives and he tagged along.  The next cruise he is booked on we actually put my daughter on his reservation instead of putting her as a 3rd in our room so that isn't an issue.  He does have another solo in Feb that was just booked a month ago with the same "last minute" group from this year- checking that is next on my to-do list.  

Edited by FinallyConvincedDH2Cruise
  • Like 1

Honestly I would not expect the agent to recalculate the cost of future cruises unless the guest asked them to do so.  Doing so might even conflict with the customer service agent’s job training and might be detrimental to their job (speculation of my part).  

While it might not help with his C&A point tally, perhaps your father could use a good travel agent to help him with other cruise details, such as best prices and cabin selection.  The right travel agent might get home closer to that feeling of just showing up with the suitcases.

21 minutes ago, sowhat said:

We have a similar problem, We have completed  four 7 day cruises , two weeks in  a JS cabin and two weeks in a balcony  cabin.
The total number of cruises taken has increased and correct, but the total points have remained the same.
Emailed RCI  various times and received the same answer that the total  points was correct.

How many points are you showing.  It should be 42.

23 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Have you been checking on line to see the points.  Their website can be a bit wonky.  Have them send to you in an email how many points you have.  If it agrees with want you think your points should be, then you are good to go (however, I would keep the the email).

Edited:  Thanks ourusualbeach for the math we cross posted

If not, tell them what you think the points should be and why.  I can't remember if JS cabins get an extra point so would do the math myself

Edited by gatour
added comment in relation to ourusualbeach