Talent Show Experience?

Tonopah

Have you ever participated in the Guest Talent Show on the Queen Mary 2 or her sister ships? What did you do? How was the experience? Have you ever seen the Talent Show? If so, were there any memorable performances? What did people perform? Do you have pictures to share?

We crossed in August of 2018. The Guest Talent Show consisted mostly of singing performances, but one very young lady (teen?) played the violin. It was lovely.

We’re considering participating next year, but we won’t be singing. YIKES! If we did that, people would hurry back home just to post their grievance on Cruise Critic. So I’m just interested in your thoughts. Thanks

10 hours ago, Tonopah said:

Have you ever participated in the Guest Talent Show on the Queen Mary 2 or her sister ships? What did you do? How was the experience? Have you ever seen the Talent Show? If so, were there any memorable performances? What did people perform? Do you have pictures to share?

Have attended the shows on the QE2 and QM2....

Singers, Piano Players, Dancing, Poems, Comedy to name a few of the talents held in the Queens Room..

It was memorable to see some very talented passengers.

One performance on the QE2 that will stay with me was a UK fellow singing with the trio accompanying the "White Cliffs of Dover". He brought the house down with all standing and clapping. He was excellent.

I don't ever remember anyone that wasn't good, all very good!

• Like 1

oh god....does anyone remember Mary??? She was self styled as the QE2 Diva and wrote several books on her travels around the world on the  QE2......, she had a tiny high pitched voice and would sing opera whilst wearing an old wedding dress and had some the staff throw plastic roses at her when she finished.  It wasn't quite up to Britains Got Talent.

She sailed a few times on the new Queens but has sadly fallen off the mortal coil now. She was quite a character.

I miss all the old characters from the old days......

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 2

I have no talents so I wouldn't take part but I've seen singers, story/ joke tellers and a memorable belly dancer.

They all seemed to be enjoying the experience and the audience was appreciative !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

oh god....does anyone remember Mary??? She was self styled as the QE2 Diva and wrote several books on her travels around the world on the  QE2......, she had a tiny high pitched voice and would sing opera whilst wearing an old wedding dress and had some the staff throw plastic roses at her when she finished.  It wasn't quite up to Britains Got Talent.

She sailed a few times on the new Queens but has sadly fallen off the mortal coil now. She was quite a character.

How could anyone forget Mary? She always insisted on performing first in the show and it was hard to get her to stop.

I have many fond memories of her on QE2.

Funny thing tho', I don't remember you Roscoe.                                

4 hours ago, vannerhawk said:

How could anyone forget Mary? She always insisted on performing first in the show and it was hard to get her to stop.

I have many fond memories of her on QE2.

Funny thing tho', I don't remember you Roscoe.                                

Im not surprised, as everyone who knows me would agree, Im very quiet and retiring and don't like to be noticed so not surprising you don't know remember me....... 

ps....not me in the belly dancing outfit....

THE QE2 DIVA.jpg

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, roscoe39 said:

Im not surprised, as everyone who knows me would agree, Im very quiet and retiring and don't like to be noticed so not surprising you don't know remember me....... 

ps....not me in the belly dancing outfit....

THE QE2 DIVA.jpg

See? These are the kinds of things I would never know about if it weren’t for this forum. ❤️ Thank you!

On 5/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, Tonopah said:

We crossed in August of 2018. The Guest Talent Show consisted mostly of singing performances, but one very young lady (teen?) played the violin. It was lovely.

We’re considering participating next year, but we won’t be singing. YIKES! If we did that, people would hurry back home just to post their grievance on Cruise Critic. So I’m just interested in your thoughts. Thanks

I would love to participate except for the fact that I have no talent. 

20 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

I would love to participate except for the fact that I have no talent. 

I’m not sure that’s a prerequisite. Maybe if you wore a wedding dress and had people throw flowers at you?

18 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

Oh yes, I remember her. She wrote a couple of books about her adventures as "diva of the QE2" and would give talks for local groups. She always wore her tiara for the talks. I think she wore the tiara to the supermarket. 

https://roscoesseafever.blogspot.com/2014/08/around-world-with-diva.html

I actually wrote an article about Mary and a few of the others which was published in a local magazine, and since transferred to my blogspot....

reading this and remembering them all has really given me a smile this morning...thanks Tonopah to bring them all up again.

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 3