Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee

Mapu

6 minutes ago, Mapu said:

I am curious if anyone has had any success  getting 110% of the difference as onboard credit when you find the same shore excursion for less?

I did with Carnival (same rules) for the Harrison Caves in Barbados.

We will be taking a Canada/New England tour in September and I have found three tours that we are interested in taking that are less expensive than the comparable Princess tours. Just hoping it is not a waste of time submitting the forms.

I submitted a letter to the shore excursion office regarding a Bali tour. It was advertised as "Max. Group Size: 8" but wound up with 24. I was reimbursed 40%. The internet shore excursion offering was 25% less but didn't specify small group. Not sure why I got 40% back or why Bali Highlands is still listed as Max. Group Size: 8

My experience in Alaska is that the vendors list the tours on their website with the exact same name as how Princess offers it. I would guess that's so they can say the price match guarantee is for that particular tour and only that tour.

We have enough onboard credit to cover our shore excursions and would like to use it efficiently and not be overcharged for the same tour offered by anothetour company.

3 hours ago, Marvie227 said:

We are booked on 2 tours with princess. I found both tours for a little less so I submitted the form. I got both accepted with on board credits. It was painless.

Good to hear.

I was wondering the same thing. Princess offers the "26 Glacier Tour" on my turnaround day in Whittier for $199.95. It looks identical to this excursion: https://www.phillipscruises.com/cruises/rates.php that's $178.95 if booked directly with Phillips Cruises. So it looks like Princess would owe me $23.10 in OBC if my claim meets their requirements, making it a $176.85 excursion. I'm waiting for my shareholder request to process before booking anything. I guess they're not working today because of Memorial Day.

I got one for our family in Alaska when the tour was on a limited time sale through the vendor directly. It was about $40 per person less, booked through Princess, sent the email with the url and had obc in a day. Easy.