Got kicked onto the Canadian Website

A-n-T

I used to login to see my cruises, add excursions, etc... on the US site (www.msccruisesusa.com), but over the weekend I got kicked onto the Canadian site (www.msccruises.ca).  I am Canadian.  Now, when I try to login to the US site now it says: "We found your account, but on a different MSC Website. Please access your account from the country site on which you registered or use a different email address to create a new account. For more information, please contact us at 1-877-665-4655."

...So now I go onto the Canadian site and the site just "hangs" when I try to get to my cruises.  Like this:

image.png.77141f2addebf10b592c59f6c29e4ddd.png

So currently CANNOT access my cruises online and have two MSC cruises booked!

PS: I have tried Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome - same result.

Anyone else having this issue?

4 minutes ago, A-n-T said:

I used to login to see my cruises, add excursions, etc... on the US site (www.msccruisesusa.com), but over the weekend I got kicked onto the Canadian site (www.msccruises.ca).  I am Canadian.  Now, when I try to login to the US site now it says: "We found your account, but on a different MSC Website. Please access your account from the country site on which you registered or use a different email address to create a new account. For more information, please contact us at 1-877-665-4655."

...So now I go onto the Canadian site and the site just "hangs" when I try to get to my cruises.  Like this:

image.png.77141f2addebf10b592c59f6c29e4ddd.png

So currently CANNOT access my cruises online and have two MSC cruises booked!

PS: I have tried Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome - same result.

Anyone else having this issue?

I have no problem. but I never registered on Canadian web. Did you? call them 

On the login page are you using the left side "With booking number" or right side "With your MSC account"?  If you log into your MSC account you should be able to see a "Link Booking" option where you can enter your booking number.  If that doesn't work you'll probably have to call.

I am Canadian too, booked on the US site before we knew that there would be a Canadian site. I was able to log in on the US site without any issues, all my booking details are there. Tried the same thing on the Canadian site, it wouldn't let me in. Anyway, please keep us posted about what you find out. 

Response to queries above:

- I am trying to login "with my MSC account", cruises are already linked.

- Out of interest I tried using a VPN (interesting idea!!!!) no difference - they have made my account Canadian.

- My cruises were booked, linked, confirmed, etc... on the American site.

- I have reset my password.  Same issue.  

...to be clear, it lets me into the site, as such recognizes my username and login, but once I try to click on my cruise details it's just gets stuck.

I know I'm going to have to call, but that will have to wait until the weekend when I have time.

Just wondering if someone had some magical ideas - to be clear, the ideas above are awesome and I tried them all!!!

I'm not sure if I can help your situation, but I also experienced a similar issue ... as an American I booked our cruise via the USA site & had successfully linked our booking & accessed our account, then a month later when logging in received the same message you did.

"We found your account, but on a different MSC Website. Please access your account from the country site on which you registered or use a different email address to create a new account. For more information, please contact us at 1-877-665-4655."

I called the # listed on 4/2/19 & was told my account was registered in the Bahamas!? I spent an hour on the phone ... no resolution ... then received an e-mail 4/12/19 indicating the web team would look into the issue ... I never received another reply or resolution & just returned from our May MSC cruise!

So what worked for me? I created a new MSC account with a different e-mail address ... and was able to link my booking & access my account. Good luck!

I am Canadian and I have the same issues as the OP.  I get the error message when I try to login to my account on the US site and I can't access my cruise on the Canadian site, although I am able to login to my account.  However, on the US site, I am able to access my cruise using the booking number and first and last name.  Hope this helps!!

1 hour ago, FrugalMother99 said:

So what worked for me? I created a new MSC account with a different e-mail address ... and was able to link my booking & access my account.

This is actually the best suggestion, I had to do the same thing a few weeks ago to re-set accounts for my family members that got messed up and it worked.

I am Canadian and just found the same issue with my booking, I can't log in my account in the US site, last week was OK. And I try to use a different email to set up a new account, the new account still can't log in the US site, but able to log in the Canadian site, and still no cruise detail shows up. Hope they can fix this problem sooner. Also I found the Canadian site cruise price is much higher than US site, covert to the US$,  still 30% more higher. In the future, if Canadian only can book with Canadian site and the price much higher than US, I probably won't cruise with MSC anymore.

i didn't realize there was a Canadian site now. I just checked and my booking is still showing on the US site. I did book using a US travel agent so that might be why my booking stayed on the US site. I am glad there is a Canadian site now offering CAD pricing. 

6 hours ago, cruiser1836 said:

I am Canadian and I have the same issues as the OP.  I get the error message when I try to login to my account on the US site and I can't access my cruise on the Canadian site, although I am able to login to my account.  However, on the US site, I am able to access my cruise using the booking number and first and last name.  Hope this helps!!

OK... This just got really interesting.

So - went to the US site and logged into my cruise with my cruise booking number (not msc account number) and it worked - I can add Excursions, spa, internet etc...  GREAT IDEA.

BUT!!!

I went to the Canadian site and tried to log on with my cruise booking number (not msc account number) and I got this:

image.png.70051a06f4035c580f99fca5da28e0b0.png

It seems to me because I am a Canadian, with cruises booked originally on the US site I am straddling two worlds...  

Frustrating, but with the help of all of you I have a work around.

PS: For the person who asked where in the payment process I am - I have deposits on both, but have not come to final payment date.

I am in same boat as AnT.  But on US site, couldn't like booking to log in, nor could I get recognized with my Voyageur number. 

Goldenbonny, I'll eventually call, but since I don't sail until April 2020, I am going to wait a while until transition to new website seems a little more stable. I am quite sure things are not finished yet.

I did book with an agent, so if worse comes to worse, she had deal with it on my behalf.

Edited by mef_57

6 hours ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

I don't understand why people keep talking about it here instead of calling MSC and fix the problem? 

I have phoned them.

They are aware of the problem.

No promise to fix it.  

Just aware.

The REASON I am talking about it here is to see if people have devised a work around.

PS: My agent has also contacted her MSC rep.

Edited by A-n-T

I am Canadian has 4 cruises booked through US agent before the Canadian site opened.  (Just returned)

usually could not access my account or link my bookings or book additional services personally at the pre cruise discount or update my voyagers club to accrue additional points   I called. I emailed, I left messages through the website and in person. I spoke to multiple people in Florida as did my agent.  Finally I left with what info I had and had to attend reception/guest relations and voyager reps multiple times to resolve.  Time consuming and frustrating. They had to Make requests of their superiors to deliver the services I purchased and prepaid months before. They were “happy to confirm my requests were granted” after several days each time!   I don’t relish a repeat of this with the complication of the new Canadian website while I deal with US agency. 

Nit sure what we will do with our future res   Just home and still digesting experience.

59 minutes ago, A-n-T said:

I have phoned them.

They are aware of the problem.

No promise to fix it.  

Just aware.

The REASON I am talking about it here is to see if people have devised a work around.

PS: My agent has also contacted her MSC rep.

Did you call the USA or the Canadian office? Were they able to access your booking? Now, if we cannot access our bookings on either site, how are we supposed to make final payment, update passenger info, do the web check in? Are we going to be able to call, and they will do it for us, and then send the edocuments? 

6 minutes ago, CruisingMom77 said:

Did you call the USA or the Canadian office? Were they able to access your booking? Now, if we cannot access our bookings on either site, how are we supposed to make final payment, update passenger info, do the web check in? Are we going to be able to call, and they will do it for us, and then send the edocuments? 

I called 1-877-665-4655, as instructed on website.  They could see both my booking.  

As I booked it through an agent, my agent will deal with final payment.

All this said, and to answer your edocs question, I can access each of my sailing separately on the Canadian site, by putting booking number + First Name + Last Name.  

We're all good, just have a loss in convenience.