How does the 250 min internet package work?

bamama

We have the 250 min internet package as a perk for our NCL cruise. How does it work? Is there a timer somewhere that you can see, so you can tell if you're close to using it up? Will it shut off when it's done (don't have to worry about racking up extra charges?) Is this for emails/texting or just internet browsing? Thanks so much for any info!

8 minutes ago, bamama said:

We have the 250 min internet package as a perk for our NCL cruise. How does it work? Is there a timer somewhere that you can see, so you can tell if you're close to using it up? Will it shut off when it's done (don't have to worry about racking up extra charges?) Is this for emails/texting or just internet browsing? Thanks so much for any info!

Once you set up your account, click on new user, select your perk,  a home screen will appear with a counter and a visual display. You must logoff after each session,  you can do almost anything you want but it's really slow, large downloads or uploads will eat your minutes. I have never used all my minutes ( I'm on a cruise to relax and disconnect ), so I don't know what happens at zero. I'm sure if you go over the 250 minutes, NCL will find a way to bill you. Enjoy your cruise. 

22 minutes ago, bamama said:

You log on/log off each time you want to use the internet. any minute, or fraction of minute you use is deducted from your minutes. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bamama said:

When you run out of minutes, you have to select more and the price is added to your onboard account--they don't just bill you if you go over. You can't go over--your time runs out and you have to request/pay for more minutes.

• Like 1

Instructions for logging in will be in your cabin.

You can follow the on screen prompts to use the cash value of your free 250 minutes to an unlimited package, then you don't have to worry about running out of minutes.

We use multiple devices and one package: when you log in it tells you someone else is already logged in and you can boot them off.  So we can't be in at the same time, but we can all be in at different times.   

It is slow, especially at peak times. Really early in the morning it isn't too bad.

Hope this helps.

When you come to the end of any package it just cuts you off.   Make sure you sign off EVERY time you use access.

The best time and place is before 7am (6am even better) in the Internet Office.  Noon on a port day when most are off or eating can be good or during the evening when people are eating or at a show may be OK too.  BUT it can be quite slow at any time and not infrequently it goes right down when there is trouble connecting to the satellite

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I am looking for some guidance.  If we have one device with the $10 text and talk plan - will it be able to communicate via text with an iPhone on the ship using the an unlimited plan? 

5 minutes ago, daninwi said:

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I am looking for some guidance.  If we have one device with the $10 text and talk plan - will it be able to communicate via text with an iPhone on the ship using the an unlimited plan? 

No. The unlimited internet is a separate plan from the ship's talk and text. All devices using the ship's talk and text must purchase that plan separate. 

3 hours ago, abhisheks77 said:

If we buy 250 minutes package, does it work all over cruise or in specific area (internet room, somebody mentioned? ?

The whole ship...