Shore Excursions

denmarks

Are shore excursions on the cruise personalizer now payable in advance? I know that all prior cruises I went on were only reservations and were charged to your on board account the first day of the cruise. It seems that they want payment in advance to get first choice and lowest price on tours. Hopefully on board credits can be used once on board.

15 minutes ago, denmarks said:

Are shore excursions on the cruise personalizer now payable in advance? I know that all prior cruises I went on were only reservations and were charged to your on board account the first day of the cruise. It seems that they want payment in advance to get first choice and lowest price on tours. Hopefully on board credits can be used once on board.

Yes. All pre-booked shore excursions require payment when booked. You can use OBC in your account at the time of booking to pay for shore excursions. It's been this way for probably two years.

Edited by skynight

4 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes. All pre-booked shore excursions require payment when booked. You can use OBC in your account at the time of booking to pay for shore excursions. It's been this way for probably two years.

Please clarify. I assume you can only use OBC once you are on board NOT FOR PRE-BOOKING.

No. If you have OBC in your account then the excursion will be charged  against that OBC.  Once you have used all the OBC then the excursions will be charged against your CC.  You can still cancel excursions later and get refunded as long as you are in the correct time window.

I am only referring to pre-booking a tour before the cruise. Some answers seem to refer to after boarding.

Can you tell me definitely if you must pay with a credit card in advance or can you use on board credit BEFORE the cruise.

Edited by denmarks

6 minutes ago, denmarks said:

I am only referring to pre-booking a tour before the cruise. Some answers seem to refer to after boarding.

Can you tell me definitely if you must pay with a credit card in advance or can you use on board credit BEFORE the cruise.

Yes, you can use on board credit BEFORE the cruise to pay for excursions. They give you the option when you book to use OBC or pay by credit card. If your OBC doesn't cover all of the cost of the excursions, you can pay the remaining balance by credit card.

5 minutes ago, United_11 said:

Yes, you can use on board credit BEFORE the cruise to pay for excursions. They give you the option when you book to use OBC or pay by credit card. If your OBC doesn't cover all of the cost of the excursions, you can pay the remaining balance by credit card.

Thank you. I wish Princess would make it clearer.

9 minutes ago, denmarks said:

Thank you. I wish Princess would make it clearer.

what could be any clearer than what United 11 posted ???

did you even try to book an excursion using posted OBC ...

1 hour ago, denmarks said:

Please clarify. I assume you can only use OBC once you are on board NOT FOR PRE-BOOKING.

The only OBC that would not be available for you to use would be that given by some of the 'Big Box TA's" as you do not receive that until you are on board.  If it shows in your personalizer now, you can spend it for excursions only.

5 minutes ago, Jezabel2924 said:

The only OBC that would not be available for you to use would be that given by some of the 'Big Box TA's" as you do not receive that until you are on board.  If it shows in your personalizer now, you can spend it for excursions only.

And you also may have to call Princess if you are pre-booking excursions for more than one of you and all the OBC (for example the stockholder credit) is in only one name. 

And the OBC hot showing up yet can be from a TA who is not a big box.