Off Breeze Today May Cancel Mardi Gras (cutbacks)

Cruisegirl6

6 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

The method of distributing bacon has been ongoing for years.  BTW, in case you didn't know, on sea days the MDR is open for brunch until 1:30pm.  You had other (better) options on those days.

Huevos rancheros on sea day brunch menu is the bomb. I would pick that over bacon any day.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, Cruisegirl6 said:

MightyMike- Exactly, Royal Caribbean is blowing away what they offer compare to what you get on Carnival.  We also very much prefer RC but realized being on the Breeze, how much we miss what RC offers and then there is the fact, why would I want to support a cruise line that keeps doing wrong/illegal actions especially when they are on probation?  Its only going to get worse, and they just be cutting back more to compensate for all they have lost/paid.  Trust me, its going to get worse and the people are the ones who will feel it.  The employees on the ship ARE worried.

Just a few items to mention:

The hot food selections in the lunch buffet were cut in half compared to what was offered last year, and they only had one meat carving which was embarkation day and never had another meat carving.

Salad bar offerings were cut in half.  I used to love their salad bar, but its so scarce now that I didn't find myself making a salad there.

Bacon in the breakfast buffet was nearly not available.  They would have somebody serving the bacon and there were only I would say 24 slices of bacon each time they placed the bacon in the pan to individually serve to the passengers.  What happened, that was only enough to serve to about 12 people, then the rest had to wait another 15 minutes for them to replace the bacon again with around 16-24 slices and the same thing kept repeating, causing huge huge long lines for breakfast.  It was the bacon that held up the lines and everybody complained, I would say we averaged 22 minutes on line to get breakfast each morning.

There is no longer assorted rolls for breakfast and no English muffins although they did have eggs Benedict that the English muffin was soggy of butter/sauce. The only bread was plain white toast and plain toasted bagel. People were complaining the pancakes/waffles were always undercooked and to get some butter they place it in a large tub so if you miss getting butter you have to get right back into that line again.

Yes, pens were taken away in the cabin and replaced with a small pencil which was fine to me.  

They took away the umbrella's for the drinks (this didn't bother me)

If you want a straw you always had to ask for one as most of the time they were not around to reach for, but we never were denied a straw, just make sure to ask for one when you order a drink.

Waiters are serving more people now, they are overworked but do the best job they can.

Cabin Stewards are working harder as there are fewer now.  This must be the reason why we are asked whether we want am/pm service but was offered both which we had.

Pizza crust was so think now that when you pick up a slice it literally bend over and the cheese run off of it.

I have a hard time believe a lot of what you are saying as complaints.   They don't just put 24 pieces of bacon out at a time...there is a giant metal container that is kept pretty full whenever I go there (early or late).  Yes, they serve it to you, but you can ask for how many pieces you want...I always get 6-8...I am a bacon lover :)

Meat carvings have almost always been available every lunch and dinner at the ends of the buffets.

The once/twice per day option has been offered for a while now...your choice of what you want.

My daughter only eats pancakes so I see them all the time...it would be very hard to undercook them...they appear to be the pre made ones that you simply heat up.

You seem like someone who is impossible to please and complains about anything you can come up with. 

I am just off the horizon in April and booked on the Breeze next April (our 4th time on the Breeze)...never ever had a bad experience on any of my carnival cruises.    As far as cutbacks, I have mostly noticed the great things they have added over the years.  

I suggest you never go on another carnival ship as it will never satisfy you.

Edited by bingomamma19
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

What good would that do the OP though if she didn't want to cruise CCL any more?

Isn't the 75% issued in the form of a future credit and not cash?

Yes, it's given as a future cruise credit. I had already mentioned in a previous post that it wouldn't do the OP much good if she chooses not to sail Carnival anymore. I was merely adding confirmation to your post that said you were guessing she has insurance with cancel for any reason.

14 hours ago, CdrescherRBL152 said:

Okay, a few poins on your list of "cutbacks " Beacon has been done this way for at least 3 years now, and they started having it served to you cause they were putting it out and by the third person in line it was gone . The choice of cabin service has been going on 5 years now . So your claim that they are cutbacks in the last year does not hold water.

The choice of once/day or twice/day cabin service hasn't been around for 5 years. Back in 2016, they hadn't yet started that policy. If I remember correctly, it was started in 2017. But you're right in that it was in place when the OP took her last two cruises this year.

3 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Huevos rancheros on sea day brunch menu is the bomb. I would pick that over bacon any day.

Tried that on our last cruise at one of the brunches and really liked it.  That said love bacon also....  

Organized Chaos- Hello,  We as a family talked about it, we do agree the Mardi Gras being the newest and biggest ship, plus being the first sailing out of Port Canaveral, we feel she shouldn't and most likely won't disappoint but in fact, give us a wow.

I do know every ship varies with things, as a result, a few of the negative things I found on the Breeze could very well as you put it be a fluke.

Thank you for your kindness, you always been civil and honest at the same time, treating me with respect, thank you!!!  

52 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

RoperDk-  Sorry we been on the Allure yes a few people at the food stations ahead of us, but we been on the Oasis 4 times the past year and half pretty much went up to all the different food stations with no lines as well as the Harmony.  There are stations of food in different areas, salads station, meat carving and hot foods, sides station, grill station, fruit station, ethnic food station, dessert station,  etc, there is no one big long line like Carnival has to get to these items.  Finding a table can be a challenge but if you keep walking around you find one and go to the very rear part there are always tables there, always, never not found a table, but did have to walk around on more desirable times, but we did the same on carnival ships too.  

Park Cafe to us never had a line more than 8-9 people and it goes real fast, Pizza hardly a line it keeps moving very fast, have no idea when you cruises, did you cruise during summer months when children are off from school, we avoid these months.  

Elevators no problem in the front, unless a show lets out, but the rear I agree can be a wait but heck, go to the front of the ship.  I think the rear gets busier because of the dining rooms are located in aft of the ship, but its nothing that really bothers me to be honest.  

We don't go to the parades, hate parades but do know they can be crowded on the promenade deck big time as well as the 80's party but if you go to the schooner bar or where the photo/focus area is you find alot of room to watch without being in the crowd, but lets remember, these things only last about 45 minutes, then everybody goes about different ways.  Hey, at least RC has parades!  lol.  The other time that it is crowded is during embarkation day but every ship is that way.  

By the way, you always find chairs/tables outside the Park Cafe for food in Central Park as well as the Solarium Bisto.  When getting a bite to eat at Cafe Promenade sit outside the Pub we always find seats there and the Champagne Bar always has seats available.  

May I point out two things:

1) The Allure of the Seas was designed to hold 6000+ pax more, but the Breeze was intended only to carry 4000+.

2) I feel like you are comparing apples and oranges. RCI is known to be a more upscale brand compared to Carnival, so obviously you will have better amenities like chairs outside of restaurants (similar to how Carnival just implemented it with their Vista and Excellence class ships.