Transferring cancelled deposit to another cruise?

phabric

I have 2 cruises booked.  I planning on cancelling one cruise that has a deposit (no Future Cruise Deposit).

Can I transfer the cancelled deposit to another cruise that has a deposit?

Or, the cancelled deposit can only be returned to my credit card?

Any advice from experienced cruisers on Future Credits gladly accepted.  I used four future cruise credits for my husband and me to book Alaska Cruises before and after Princess land tour this coming June/July. Booked August 2018.  The cruise credits were set to expire March 2019 if not used.  The cruise did NOT have a nonrefundable deposit.  As guardian of my brother, I got very caught up in his care as his conditioned deteroriated after New Year's.  Along comes May and i get notice to pay or cancel.  As brother's condition was worsening, i elected to cancel.  Brother passed on May 22.  Now reading in Princess "fine print" that credits are lost?  any ideas before i call Princess and plead my case?  we are platinum soon to be elite as if that makes a difference?!!!!

The value of the FCC ($100 ea.) is supposed to be refunded to the credit card used to purchase them.  Again IF the deposit was refundable for your bookings, which you state they were.

Once you book with them, they are ‘converted’ to cash, subject to the deposit rules of the booking. So while you may lose the freebies that come with an FCC, you should not lose the deposit ‘cash’ itself.

On 6/6/2019 at 7:50 AM, SIMMY67 said:

Any advice from experienced cruisers on Future Credits gladly accepted.  I used four future cruise credits for my husband and me to book Alaska Cruises before and after Princess land tour this coming June/July. Booked August 2018.  The cruise credits were set to expire March 2019 if not used.  The cruise did NOT have a nonrefundable deposit.  As guardian of my brother, I got very caught up in his care as his conditioned deteroriated after New Year's.  Along comes May and i get notice to pay or cancel.  As brother's condition was worsening, i elected to cancel.  Brother passed on May 22.  Now reading in Princess "fine print" that credits are lost?  any ideas before i call Princess and plead my case?  we are platinum soon to be elite as if that makes a difference?!!!!

There's a difference between Future Cruise Credits and Future Cruise Deposits, although Princess confuses the issue by calling FCDs FCCs in some places on the web site.

A FCC is a credit given by Princess to make amends for an issue that arises during a cruise. The FCC does have an expiration date and if not used it is lost forever.

A FCD is paid for by you ($100) and is refundable with an expiration date. If not used by the expiration date it will be refunded to the credit card you used to purchase it. It's possible to get an extension, but the request must be before the expiration date arrives.

Several times I have cancelled a cruise and used the deposit to book another cruise.  This last time I even divided one cruise deposit in half and used on two B2B reservations.  All I did was book the new cruises I wanted and booked them on a hold basis on Princess web site.  Then I called Princess and the rep. cancelled the one cruise and used that deposit on the new two I had just booked.  Easy.  Within 10 minutes one cruise cancelled and two booked with deposit applied.

Pooh

3 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

This last time I even divided one cruise deposit in half and used on two B2B reservations.  All I did was book the new cruises I wanted and booked them on a hold basis on Princess web site.  Then I called Princess and the rep. cancelled the one cruise and used that deposit on the new two I had just booked.  Easy.  Within 10 minutes one cruise cancelled and two booked with deposit applied.

Pooh, how did Princess split the OBC that you would normally get on a FCD of $100? Just curious.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:59 AM, phabric said:

I have 2 cruises booked.  I planning on cancelling one cruise that has a deposit (no Future Cruise Deposit).

Can I transfer the cancelled deposit to another cruise that has a deposit?

Or, the cancelled deposit can only be returned to my credit card?

No problem if you've booked directly with Princess for both cruises.  I've run into this same situation before and used an Amex promotion so didn't want the $$ going back onto my credit card.  So, I had them apply it to another cruise I had already booked .... either that or a new one would work.  They do have to contact their revenue dept to make sure that money goes to the new booking without being canceled, but it is definitely doable.  

If you went through a TA on either cruise, it will definitely complicate things but again, probably still doable if you get the right service rep on the phone.  

On 6/9/2019 at 12:15 PM, Mytravellove said:

Pooh, how did Princess split the OBC that you would normally get on a FCD of $100? Just curious.

Didn't use a FCD so don't know for sure. But if I had used a FCD, cannot split the FCD, so if I had only 1 FCD, would have used it on one of the two segments and gotten all the OBC from the FCD on that segment.  Then would have paid a "normal" deposit on the second segment.

Pooh