LIVE - VISION Med and Greek Isles - 6/11-23

Was going to point out last night, this room has a TON of storage. Great for a longer cruise. Little shelves, drawers, and cubby holes everywhere. 

By the bathroom door:

05BFB6E6-964F-4CCC-B1A1-7E07CCC06FC8-338

As soon as you walk in there’s this long, somewhat narrow cabinet. They made use of every inch of space. 

5AF0217F-A29C-4B13-9C51-6A07BADC1536-338

The bath amenities in a JS

34E0C97E-7BE6-4823-827F-7D363BD138F6-600

And it looks like the shower / tub was recently caulked and refreshed. That was nice. We had a slightly mildewed tub/shower in an NCL mini-suite. Otherwise, a pretty good cruise, but the shower skeeved me out. 😖

968E4D0C-A1B9-43DC-A0B3-BE760F655A52-600

• Like 1

Cruise Compass - Day 1

376698F4-5280-41B5-B717-C0DD59FC481B-338

EC4C33AC-B5C8-42FF-BAEE-A8EF84933472-338

F15EFE58-554C-41FB-AB93-4B03A5E2ECCA-338

CAA2742B-705B-48CF-80EA-592941844857-338

Let me know if these are too difficult to read. My hosting program is giving me a hard time letting me adjust my pixel settings. I will try another way if you can’t read them. 

• Like 2

And when did they start this? Pretty sure it’s the first time I’ve seen it. I mean, I know you could order online before your cruise, but I never even really looked at most of this stuff online, I guess. This was waiting for us in the room. 

D8852801-21F9-483F-8FB2-AC4F3D619B95.jpeg

61987B2D-3511-4E3B-8294-C8AB5E00BDBB.jpeg

Edited by aring75

The Key so far...

Priority Boarding for the Key, at least in Barcelona on the Vision, is non-existent. We had it because we were in a JS, but I looked for signs and even asked about it going in. Nope. Boarding was very fast at 10:45, so there’s that, but no benefit. It was fast for everyone. 

Once onboard, nobody knows anything about dropping your luggage off and having it delivered to your stateroom. How long has the Key been operational? I mean, I know Vision hasn’t been sailing in Barcelona long, but as a ship, Vision should have more of it’s...um...”stuff”...together when it comes to the Key. We only had two bottles of wine we purchased in the Duty Free shop, but if we’d had our bags, etc. not receiving this perk would have annoyed me more. 

Lunch in Chops was great. I did enjoy this part of the Key. It is important to keep in mind that you order from a limited menu that has been “reduced” to specific items for the Key. If you’ve been researching the program trying to decide if you want to purchase it, than you probably already know that by now. However, keep in mind that if you are comparing value, the $24-25 you would spend for lunch at Chops out of pocket is for their full lunch menu, not the reduced Key version. 

IMG_4654-338x450.jpg

To start, they still brought us the onion bread (but just butter, not the pimiento spread).

https://aring75.smugmug.com/Travel-Day-4---Cruise-Day-1---Se/i-GxCWJmM

Okay, Mark got a 6oz filet and I ordered the branzino. Both were really good. Mashed potatoes and asparagus for the sides. 

IMG_4662-600x450.jpg

https://aring75.smugmug.com/Travel-Day-4---Cruise-Day-1---Se/i-zWPVgwJ

https://aring75.smugmug.com/Travel-Day-4---Cruise-Day-1---Se/i-cLdVrFW

Cheesecake for dessert. There are only two options here. 

IMG_4664-600x450.jpg

54 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Cruise Compass - Day 1

376698F4-5280-41B5-B717-C0DD59FC481B-338

EC4C33AC-B5C8-42FF-BAEE-A8EF84933472-338

F15EFE58-554C-41FB-AB93-4B03A5E2ECCA-338

CAA2742B-705B-48CF-80EA-592941844857-338

Let me know if these are too difficult to read. My hosting program is giving me a hard time letting me adjust my pixel settings. I will try another way if you can’t read them. 

The pictures are perfect.

It is easy to enlarge the picture on my Android phone to read everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

We were in #8590 (May 18th-30th) and had no internet problems at all...we were even able to watch Netflix & Amazon Prime using our Firestick.

I’ve heard a few people complaining about internet speed, but it definitely depends on where you are located. In the Diamond Lounge right now and it seems fine here. 

23 hours ago, aring75 said:

I appreciate the information. I love doing these. Sometimes you can really find a “hidden gem” you might never have found on your own. We’ve done them in Barbados, Las Vegas, Savannah, Vancouver, Cartagena (Colombia), and Cozumel. It sounds like this one would be exactly the thing we would like!!

We love them as well.  We've done Barcelona, Paris and Old San Juan.  Our tour guide in Paris recommended a restaurant that we passed called Le Comptoir de la Gastronomie.  It's a half shop/half restaurant place.  We went back later in the week for an early dinner (fully booked otherwise) and their Ravioli Foie Gras was amazing.  Although it's hard to get in, our guide said that it's not yet fully known and she expects the waiting list and the prices to go up significantly.  One of our favorite Paris experiences and it would not have happened without taking the walking tour.

• Like 1

We have your same cabin for October 2020 - the Snowbird Migration (14 nt) and following Southern Caribbean (11 nt)............so 25 nights in total. Looking forward to your comments, pictures and insights. We are off to Venice on Friday to board Rhapsody.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We have your same cabin for October 2020 - the Snowbird Migration (14 nt) and following Southern Caribbean (11 nt)............so 25 nights in total. Looking forward to your comments, pictures and insights. We are off to Venice on Friday to board Rhapsody.

Wow. You are going to love this cabin for your extended stay! So much space and plenty of storage. And that balcony!!!

Tip: bring clips or magnets or something to keep the shower curtain weighted down. It likes to get frisky. 

14 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Wow. You are going to love this cabin for your extended stay! So much space and plenty of storage. And that balcony!!!

Tip: bring clips or magnets or something to keep the shower curtain weighted down. It likes to get frisky. 

Thanks for the heads up on the shower curtain. We are thinking about bringing the towel clips for over the chair backs............so maybe they can work as shower curtain weights.

Going to try to catch up a little while the internet is cooperating. 

Had dinner in Izumi last night. Spicy crispy shrimp roll to start with. Dove right in and forgot my picture. Sorry about that. It was yummy. Promise. 

I got the mixed seafood hot rock and Mark got the beef tenderloin hot rock and we shared. I gotta admit. I’m an excellent cook. Did the first night BOGO for this dinner. Basically you get 50% off your check (not including beverages).

IMG_1946-600x450.jpg

IMG_1947-338x450.jpg

The restaurant was almost empty and the main dining room had messed up our seating assignment for the first night anyway, so this worked out great. Hoping things can get fixed by night 2. (Wanted second seating, but we’re okay with first. Turns out they put us in first seating, but at a table number that doesn’t even exist. Nice.)

Breakfast this morning was in the main dining room. 

Menu:

IMG_4704-600x450.jpg

Service and food were good. Got an omelet with tomato, cheese, and onion. It comes with hash brown potatoes and that tomato almost no one eats. 

IMG_4705-338x450.jpg

After breakfast, we stopped by the Diamond Lounge for better coffee. 

Tip: If you like a latte, but you still like your coffee to taste like coffee, grab a to-go cup and brew the latte. Then brew a shot of espresso into the cup as well. Much better. The latte from the machine tastes too much like milk and not enough like coffee. The extra shot makes a big difference. 

Ryno is the Diamond Lounge concierge. He stopped by to say hello. This Lounge is small, but I really like the windows. 

One thing I love about this ship is the outside Promenade Deck (Deck 5). Great for sea days. 

IMG_4709-338x450.jpg

The chairs and loungers are further down. Just keep in mind, one side is smoking and one side is non-smoking. If the smoke bothers you, just make sure you are on the side without ashtrays. Easy peasy. 

And if you like a wake view, but you don’t have an aft balcony, deck 5 aft is a great spot!

IMG_4710-338x450.jpg

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Going to try to catch up a little while the internet is cooperating. 

Had dinner in Izumi last night. Spicy crispy shrimp roll to start with. Dove right in and forgot my picture. Sorry about that. It was yummy. Promise. 

I got the mixed seafood hot rock and Mark got the beef tenderloin hot rock and we shared. I gotta admit. I’m an excellent cook. Did the first night BOGO for this dinner. Basically you get 50% off your check (not including beverages).

IMG_1946-600x450.jpg

IMG_1947-338x450.jpg

The restaurant was almost empty and the main dining room had messed up our seating assignment for the first night anyway, so this worked out great. Hoping things can get fixed by night 2. (Wanted second seating, but we’re okay with first. Turns out they put us in first seating, but at a table number that doesn’t even exist. Nice.)

Wait?! Are you telling me I can go to Izumi and get beef? I've always thought it was just sushi or seafood? If so, this is a game changer since we bought the three night dining package and I had no intention on eating any place other than Chops all three nights. 🙂 My bf loves sushi and I loathe seafood. But if I am understanding your picture above, you actually cook your own food on that hot rock?  I do believe that in Izumi the package is just a certain $ amount towards your bill though and not your entire dinner?

10 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Wait?! Are you telling me I can go to Izumi and get beef? I've always thought it was just sushi or seafood? If so, this is a game changer since we bought the three night dining package and I had no intention on eating any place other than Chops all three nights. 🙂 My bf loves sushi and I loathe seafood. But if I am understanding your picture above, you actually cook your own food on that hot rock?  I do believe that in Izumi the package is just a certain $ amount towards your bill though and not your entire dinner?

Yep! You can get COOKED beef tenderloin in Izumi. It’s not on all ships, but Vision is one that has the hot rock. At least for now. You could wait and confirm it when you board. Then change one of your reservations. I know that they have for the foreseeable future though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

To answer your other question, they told the couple next to us with a package, their credit was $35 pp. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Nice to see the padded lounge chairs there!  Seems like usually only in GS and up.

Our lounge chairs in #8590 had movable (slide up/down and secured by a strap) head rests...first time I've seen those.

Such a nice balcony! Thank you for posting all the details on Vision OTS.

I'll be sailing on Vision OTS in 2 months and appreciate your effort. Your postings of the cruise compass and pictures are very helpful.

Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

Sorry to be so absent. Internet speed is definitely lacking in our cabin. Okay in public areas, but next to glacial in the room. 

Formal night last night. Also, our 20-year anniversary. Had dinner in Giovanni’s. 

Bread basket to start:

IMG_4718-338x450.jpg

Appetizers were the oven-baked, almond crusted scallops and the prosciutto and mozzarella bake on crispy ciabatta. But I failed in my picture-taking duties. Just so you know, I excelled in my appetizer-eating. So, you know. It all evens out. 

Main courses- Mark got the 8 oz filet

IMG_4719-338x450.jpg

I got the baked jumbo shrimp. 

IMG_4720-338x450.jpg

And we shared an order of the Maryland crab ravioli. 

IMG_4721-600x450.jpg

The dessert cart. In order from left to right, Tiramisu, Chocolate Cake, Panacotta, and Canolli. 

IMG_4722-600x450.jpg

6 hours ago, aring75 said:

Sorry to be so absent. Internet speed is definitely lacking in our cabin. Okay in public areas, but next to glacial in the room. 

Formal night last night. Also, our 20-year anniversary. Had dinner in Giovanni’s. 

Bread basket to start:

IMG_4718-338x450.jpg

Appetizers were the oven-baked, almond crusted scallops and the prosciutto and mozzarella bake on crispy ciabatta. But I failed in my picture-taking duties. Just so you know, I excelled in my appetizer-eating. So, you know. It all evens out. 

Main courses- Mark got the 8 oz filet

IMG_4719-338x450.jpg

I got the baked jumbo shrimp. 

IMG_4720-338x450.jpg

And we shared an order of the Maryland crab ravioli. 

IMG_4721-600x450.jpg

The dessert cart. In order from left to right, Tiramisu, Chocolate Cake, Panacotta, and Canolli. 

IMG_4722-600x450.jpg

Great photos.

We love Giovanni's and dined there every night on Independence 25-28 May.

My only criticism is when we dine from 8.30pm the Sweet Trolley looks quite sparse by 9.45pm.

Edited by grapau27