LIVE - VISION Med and Greek Isles - 6/11-23

Following along also this will be a great trip. My wife and I had our first cruise together to Santorini and Mykonos 22 years ago and can't wait to go back. Two of most beautiful islands I've ever seen. Have fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Really looking forward to your review.  That's an awesome itinerary.  My first Med cruise really spoiled me.  It's so amazing.  Have a wonderful time!  BTW I can realte to the taking off the shoes incident.  Happened to me once but it was the person sitting right next to me.  Not pleasant.

Yes! This itinerary appealed to us over most of the others we saw. Everything is going to be so new to us. So many “firsts!”

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Hoping to do a similar itinerary next year,  so following along with interest.

This might be too late for you now but there's a great free guided walking tour of the Gothic Quarter in Barcelona. You just tip the guide at the end. They're called runnerbeantours.

That tour sounds great! Maybe something we could look into for our arrival day if we’re not too tired. Thanks!!

2 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

Following along also this will be a great trip. My wife and I had our first cruise together to Santorini and Mykonos 22 years ago and can't wait to go back. Two of most beautiful islands I've ever seen. Have fun!

Thank you!!

2 hours ago, Daveintb said:

Fellow Tampa peeps here following along, what a great trip your on and looking forward to your review. 

Hello neighbor! Glad your here. Keep a light on for us. 😀

2 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Following.  Sounds like a great trip.

Welcome!

52 minutes ago, depplep said:

Can't wait to travel along. We just did the Greek Isles last October on Rhapsody. The food in Greece was great and the wines very inexpensive compared to the States.

Great to hear about the wine. Too bad they don’t let you bring it back on board for enjoyment on the cruise. 😕

Oh well. More souvenirs! Hope there’s room in the luggage. 

12 minutes ago, Sorry Muffin said:

I will be on the Vision for the Sept 15, 2019 cruise of the Med and Greek Isles.  So I looking forward to following your review

Yay, Great timing for you! I hope my review helps. Glad you’re here. 😊

So, due to storms around Atlanta, our flight departure was delayed by an hour and 25 minutes. Not fun. We sat on the runway most of that time. 

Mark’s TV monitor was set to “French” and he couldn’t figure out how to change it. Guess you’re learning a new language over the next eight hours, Mark. 😂

Anybody know what “Aquaman” is in French? Asking for a husband. 

081334B5-FB16-4C1E-844E-2352BE6C53DC.jpeg

So apparently The Goonies is now “Classic Cinema.” I guess I’m officially old. 

IMG_4397-338x450.jpg

Also included in the “Classic Cinema” category was Mrs. Doubtfire, Top Gun, and The Princess Bride. 

Heavy Sigh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jax129 said:

Thank you, Thank you!! I am planning my Med cruise & love reading all reviews!!

Like I said before, I know the Med/Greek Isles reviews are few and far between. I was always SO thrilled to find one when I was planning. So I’m happy to pay it forward. 😊

1 hour ago, mariefisher said:

Thank you for taking the time to share your cruise. I really am enjoying your posts! 

You’re welcome. And thank you! Glad to hear it. 😀

So they gave us a “welcome aboard” snack and drink. I went with a Spanish White (had to get started off in the proper mindset).

IMG_4398-338x450.jpg

Then, before the main course arrived, we had shrimp cocktail, a baby gem lettuce salad (the dressing was a mild honey mustard), corn chowder with chives, and a choice of bread. I couldn’t say no to a pretzel roll.

IMG_4399-600x450.jpg

I chose the pan-seared Halibut over polenta with a tomato and onion salad for my main course. 

IMG_4400-600x450.jpg

And opted for the cheese plate to finish the last of my wine. 😊

IMG_4403-600x450.jpg

• Like 2

We just returned from our Med/Greece Vision cruise May 18th - May 30th. Had cabin #8590...great views. We were lucky to have gotten wonderful round trip first class flights on Delta One LAX-BCN. We stayed at Hotel Jazz for two nights pre-cruise. Loved this itinerary and the amazing private tours we did especially the Malta one with Malta Film Tours...Malcolm a cast member from Game Of Thrones gave us one of the best tours if you're a GOT fan !!!!!

OP, if you go to the CL shout out to Jay (waitstaff) in the CL from the Lemon Drop & Screwdriver couple...he'll know who you're talking about...he is just amazing !!!!!!

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Looking forward to your review.  We currently have an aft JS on Vision next year, but hoping one of the corners opens up before then.  I am sure you will LOVE that cabin!

Be careful and don't lock yourselves out on the balcony!!!!

• Haha 1

We will be cruising  on the Rhapsody for a B2B starting on 6/15 and will be doing the Greek Isles................looking forward to following along with you.............learning more about the ports of call and about Vision (in 2020 doing the Snowbird Migration from Quebec and the following Southern Caribbean itinerary).

Bon Voyage!!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

BANG BANG BANG.....GARY!!!  Don't you want to come join us, just in case???

I have this recurring dream of "TRASHY" folks marooned on their balcony............scary!!!! I am buying a BIG "S" t-shirt (Superman) to carry with me just in case!!!!! Come on and join us for the Snowbird next year. Hugs to Miss Sherri from Mean Mary and me!!!!

Sounds like an amazing trip planned! We were just saying last night how much we enjoyed and missed our Med cruise. It is exhausting but so thrilling to see all the incredible places we had only heard about! Thank you for bringing us along with you! Have a great time! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I have this recurring dream of "TRASHY" folks marooned on their balcony............scary!!!! I am buying a BIG "S" t-shirt (Superman) to carry with me just in case!!!!! Come on and join us for the Snowbird next year. Hugs to Miss Sherri from Mean Mary and me!!!!

HA!!!  Wish we could join you, but we will be on Explorer for a B2B at that time next year.  How is 2022 looking for you guys????

15 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

HA!!!  Wish we could join you, but we will be on Explorer for a B2B at that time next year.  How is 2022 looking for you guys????

We are booked through March 2021..............waiting for the new booking season to open up.