Recommendations needed for Touchscreen Gloves

bbdscruise

Heading to the inside passage on the Celebrity Solstice on July 5th. Second time to Alaska- the last time we went was in 2014. We live in Arizona, so gloves are rarely necessary and we brought whatever we had on hand (big, bulky and not compatible for using the phone while keeping your hands warm).

I ordered Achiou winter warm touchscreen gloves from Amazon for both me and my husband. They were ridiculously small, the fingertips of the smaller pair were already fraying,  AND they barely worked on the phone or iPad. Needless to say I sent them back. They were only $9.99 a pair, so I guess you get what you pay for. We leave in 3 1/2 weeks (!!!!) and I need to find something. Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

On 6/9/2019 at 8:38 AM, bbdscruise said:

Heading to the inside passage on the Celebrity Solstice on July 5th. Second time to Alaska- the last time we went was in 2014. We live in Arizona, so gloves are rarely necessary and we brought whatever we had on hand (big, bulky and not compatible for using the phone while keeping your hands warm).

I ordered Achiou winter warm touchscreen gloves from Amazon for both me and my husband. They were ridiculously small, the fingertips of the smaller pair were already fraying,  AND they barely worked on the phone or iPad. Needless to say I sent them back. They were only $9.99 a pair, so I guess you get what you pay for. We leave in 3 1/2 weeks (!!!!) and I need to find something. Recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gloves in July??  According to my weather app, the average low in July in Anchorage is 51 and that would be in the middle of the night.  The average high is 68.

DON

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 3:20 PM, donaldsc said:

Gloves in July??  According to my weather app, the average low in July in Anchorage is 51 and that would be in the middle of the night.  The average high is 68.

DON

I have used gloves in the summer. Most of the time on excursions that are close to glaciers.

There was one time over the 4th of July where it was pretty cold. The ship sold out of jackets and we had ice pellets for most of the trip (as opposed to rain). You never know.

Edited by Coral

15 hours ago, Glaciers said:

We've been using Head Sensatec for years now. They work well for both dslr camera functions and mobile device. Costco sells them seasonally in our area for $10.

Agree...Ours were also a great buy at Costco..and our store is in hot Southern Calif. .. You never know what will turn up there.

Thanks for all of your responses. It could very well be over 110 degrees in Phoenix when we leave for the cruise on July 5th, so temperatures in the 50’s are COLD for us. There is no way we will see gloves at Costco until at least October, so Amazon will have to suffice.