Refreshment Package/Mocktails

2 hours ago, Needs_A_Vacation said:

We're getting the refreshment package.  What are some mocktails that I can order?  I can only think of virgin coladas and daquaries.

TIA!

SImilar thread:
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2645549-need-suggestions-for-refreshment-package/?do=findComment&comment=57039259

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/10/2019 at 9:01 PM, KBYUCougar said:

I took these screenshots from a thread a while back (not sure what thread). I can't wait to try the new mocktail combinations!

Thank you for this! I was trying to get an answer on what was available as a mocktail for my upcoming Enchantment of the Seas cruise. Saving this for easy access on board!

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone! Pardon the add to a really old thread, but figured it's still relevant... Question: Except for Bloody Mary's (which kinda make me bloody sick), can they make any spicy, fizzy mocktails, like a virgin cucumber jalapeno margarita or a virgin peach jabenero mojito? Any other spicy drink recommendations?  TY! I am strongly considering the beverage package, as the alcohol is nice but not essential on a European cruise.  (We'll have plenty of wine on excursions, I'm sure, and I'll bring some with me to boot.)  Thanks, y'all!

On 6/11/2019 at 3:52 AM, xxHadleyxx said:

all of the above, plus (my favourite "dessert" on the ship) virgin frozen mudslide.  Tastes similar to a chocolate shake.

How did they make this?  I had 2 bartenders on Symphony last week said they couldn't make it since it would only be milk

10 minutes ago, momneedsvacation said:

How did they make this?  I had 2 bartenders on Symphony last week said they couldn't make it since it would only be milk

I don't know how they make it, but my two teens got a whole lot of them with the Refreshment package on the Oasis in December.  They could only get them at the pool bar, though, since that was the only bar that had the ice cream mix.  Maybe that was what they meant when they told you it would only be milk--that they didn't have the ice cream mix to put in it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, momneedsvacation said:

They use an ice cream mix (and add chocolate sauce).  There tend to be only a couple of bars per ship that have it...often by the pool (as mentioned above).  I like to get one for dessert after lunch at Windjammer...just walk out of the buffe and stop at the pool bar.  Better than any of the buffet desserts, IMO

16 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

They use an ice cream mix (and add chocolate sauce).  There tend to be only a couple of bars per ship that have it...often by the pool (as mentioned above).  I like to get one for dessert after lunch at Windjammer...just walk out of the buffe and stop at the pool bar.  Better than any of the buffet desserts, IMO

That's it. You can only have those drinks where they have actually an ice cream mixer machine. As I remember from my European Allure cruise back in the day some 6 or 7 years ago, there were only 3 bars (if one forgets the Starbucks kiosk as a bar because it is out of the drinks packages) in that ship at that time: The pool bar, Central Park Cafe (the bartenders around the central park area would go there if a drink was asked) and the MDR (they had those mudslides as a kids menu drink at the time, that may have changed). I used them all with the Refreshment package that was at its beginning then!...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

Try the peach daiquiri mix sometime for lunch -- if you like peach flavor, they're divine! (I get mine without alcohol.)

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:01 PM, KBYUCougar said:

I took these screenshots from a thread a while back (not sure what thread). I can't wait to try the new mocktail combinations!

E0BE2F46-8FBE-420B-AD07-6EE5BBB2A968.thumb.png.d40dd3ef0d15f4a2e7914254ae5070a1.png

CA097921-742A-4F8B-BDD2-72ED8A787453.png

I also don't drink and have gotten some basic non alcoholic drinks previously but this list is cool.  Thanks for the info.

On 3/12/2022 at 6:11 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

I also don't drink and have gotten some basic non alcoholic drinks previously but this list is cool.  Thanks for the info.

You're welcome! I haven't been on here in a while and randomly logged in today. My friend is heading on a RCL cruise next month and I forward those old photos to her after I saw your note. Thanks for reminding me of them 😅

I'll throw another favorite in here. One time, I asked one of the bartenders what he could make like a virgin daiquiri, but that might be a little different.  He told me about the lava flow, but I am not a fan of pina colada flavor, so he replaced it with peach because.  None of the other bartenders seem to follow when I ask for a lava flow, but with a flavor other than pina colada.

So, now I ask for a virgin peach daiquiri and ask them to put a some strawberry syrup in the glass before pouring in the the blended peach and ice.  Every time I walk anywhere with that drink, someone says "oooh, that looks good. What is it?"  The drink is swirled peach and strawberry color (looks like sunset colors) and it tastes amazing.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, nzdisneymom said:

Any idea what the ala-carte pricing is for the non-alcoholic mocktails?

Some could be listed in the RCI app, but figure about $7-8 - break even is usually about 3-4 drinks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some could be listed in the RCI app, but figure about $7-8 - break even is usually about 3-4 drinks.

Thanks @Biker19.  I haven't been able to see pricing in the app yet and everything I found online was a little dated.  I'm also trying to determine if the shakes at Johnny Rockets will incur the cover-charge (so you can only get them if you're dining in rather than just getting one to "carry out"). 

2 minutes ago, nzdisneymom said:

I haven't been able to see pricing in the app yet 

I'm also trying to determine if the shakes at Johnny Rockets will incur the cover-charge

Go to one of the bars in the app (Dining>Bars&Lounges>venue) and scroll way down in the menu.

You can get the shake separately. 

• Like 1