Drink package question

jen2010ss

Trying to decide if we want to buy the package or not. We have a few in our group who can surpass the 15 drink limit and not be completely intoxicated. In the past we have been able to purchase drinks in between our 15 drinks included. A friend that went on a cruise in January said they were not able to do this then. Has anyone been able to purchase drinks while having the cheers package recently?

29 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

If you have those in the group who can go past the 15 drink limit and some who cannot then how about those that cannot "donate" a drink to those who can if you know what I mean. 

and risk having your Cheers package taken away without refund

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

If you have those in the group who can go past the 15 drink limit and some who cannot then how about those that cannot "donate" a drink to those who can if you know what I mean. 

4 minutes ago, coevan said:

and risk having your Cheers package taken away without refund

Not only is @coevan correct that your Cheers package may be taken away without refund, it is also a question of one’s own personal ethics and morals when sharing these beverage packages because it essentially is stealing from the company.

• Like 1

Thanks! We aren't trying to cheat the company. Just trying to decide to buy the cheers package for everyone or just buy drink for drink for those that drink more. Don't want anyone to expect to be able to purchase "for a friend" in between their drinks and find out once on board that it is not allowed anymore. 

• Like 2

You cannot surpass the 15 drink limit on Cheers.  You will be cut off at 15.  However, if you are friendly with the bartender and go to the same one regularly, they will usually warn you when you get to drink 12 or 13.  If you really need more than 15, they will usually let you purchase one or more (i.e. not run it through Cheers) and you can get around it that way.  Otherwise, once you hit 15, you are not allowed to even purchase a drink until 6am.

5 minutes ago, jen2010ss said:

Thanks! We aren't trying to cheat the company. Just trying to decide to buy the cheers package for everyone or just buy drink for drink for those that drink more. Don't want anyone to expect to be able to purchase "for a friend" in between their drinks and find out once on board that it is not allowed anymore. 

People do share drinks and get away with it. However, I have also seen a few passengers lose Cheers for the rest of the cruise without a refund for sharing drinks and being very obvious about it. 

I’d guess they needed to set some number to cut people off in an attempt to spare the rest of us from that drunk guest causing problems. LOL.

If I think I’m not getting “happy” enough I’ll order something stronger. LOL

wow.  15 or more per day.  Reminds me of college.  I remember those days.  On the "sharing" go for it.  Just be smart about it as some have said.  Sharing a one off drink is not hard to figure out.  Sharing a lot of drinks can be a logistical pain in the tail and would become a hassle.  It doesn't mean nada to the bottom line.  CCL is making profit even if you had 20 per day especially for what CCL pays for the booze.    Ever see the price in the ship's store that you can get at the end of the cruise....they are paying even less.  They also factor "leakage" into the pricing models.....not that I would ever encourage such nefarious activity.... 

• Haha 1

Sister-in-law and family were on a cruise last week and they were NOT able to purchase any drinks not on the cheers program.  They had bought Cheers.  Attempted to buy a bucket of beer on the side and were refused.  Even went to customer service and complained but were told if you have purchased Cheers you can not purchase a drink "on the side".  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mexicobob said:

Sister-in-law and family were on a cruise last week and they were NOT able to purchase any drinks not on the cheers program.  They had bought Cheers.  Attempted to buy a bucket of beer on the side and were refused.  Even went to customer service and complained but were told if you have purchased Cheers you can not purchase a drink "on the side".  

This is correct.

57 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It’s tough to drink Fosters since Carnival stopped carrying it. 

I didn't know that. I mostly drink the beer tubes at the Red Frog pub myself. I think they had Fosters last November.

6 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I didn't know that. I mostly drink the beer tubes at the Red Frog pub myself. I think they had Fosters last November.

It’s possible Carnival may still have Fosters on tap at some bars. However, on our last several cruises I saw more and more taps for Carnival’s own beers at bars on the ship. 

10 hours ago, jen2010ss said:

Thanks to those who actually answered my question without comments like some😉

Sorry Jen, but you chose to post on one of the hottest topics for Carnival and you got what you should have expected. There are to many people who think that they can sign on to a product that gives them a significant reduction in cost if they drink more than 6 drinks a day. And yet they constantly talk about how they will do everything they can to find ways around what they agreed to. Your initial post brought that very topic up as something you were able to do the last time you purchased Cheers and you asked if you would be able to do that now. Did you expect just a yes or no answer. You opened yourself up to the "comments" the minute you posted this question. And now you are castigating those people who made comments. Put on you big girl pants and face the storm you actually asked for.

10 hours ago, mexicobob said:

That's new.

1 hour ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

Sorry Jen, but you chose to post on one of the hottest topics for Carnival and you got what you should have expected. There are to many people who think that they can sign on to a product that gives them a significant reduction in cost if they drink more than 6 drinks a day. And yet they constantly talk about how they will do everything they can to find ways around what they agreed to. Your initial post brought that very topic up as something you were able to do the last time you purchased Cheers and you asked if you would be able to do that now. Did you expect just a yes or no answer. You opened yourself up to the "comments" the minute you posted this question. And now you are castigating those people who made comments. Put on you big girl pants and face the storm you actually asked for.

Big girl panties are on but thanks for the suggestion, I'm specifically refering to those comments that act like someone is just trying to get drunk just for asking about purchasing drinks in between the alloted 15. On port days where you spend a lot of time off the ship I can see 15 drinks being a lot however, on sea days I can see where 15 drinks isn't necessarily going to get someone drunk, they can still be functioning responsible adults. 

13 hours ago, mexicobob said:

This can't be quite correct because I had cheers on my last cruise and was able to purchase a round of shots in the special glasses at dinner one night.  Or is it that you can't purchase "on the side" after your 15 drink limit?