What are the "snacks" in the Concierge lounge?

clo

On Riviera in November, a few cookies and cakes. Once, cheese.

Was not worth the time in our opinion

Our "concierge" was incredibly unhelpful, so after Day 4 we never darkened the place's door again except when we were explicitly sent there by the CD for help after port calls were cancelled ("concierge" was still no help).

A nice sitting area for sure, but no nicer than any of ten others aboard. If all those places didn't exist (Martinis, Grand Bar, Baristas area, back deck behind Terrace, Horizons...) a person might seek it out.

10 hours ago, clo said:

Just curious.  All sweet?  Anything savory?  TIA.

This answer is for the Executive Lounge, but I believe that it applies to both Lounges.

The snacks change as the day progresses; typically Danish and pastries in the morning followed by something like pretzels or cookies and trays of bite sized sandwiches in the afternoons, then cheese based hors d'oeuvre type things alternating  with cookies in the evening. 

Apples and bananas were often (but not always) available on a seperate counter 

They have concierges in there? 

I've never used the ones in the lounges for anything. If I actually need a concierges service I use the head one in the lobby. 

As far as the lounge goes I don't quite understand hanging out in there. There are no windows and no view. I've gone in to get a soda or water or snack, but never to hang out.

Snacks are pretty much as has been described. 

1 hour ago, Noxequifans said:

How was the concierge not helpful? 

1. Could not/would not help at all with specialty dining.

2. Could not/would not help people login to Ship's Internet.

3. Stops in Canaries cancelled well in advance. CD told pax on Concierge/Suite levels with private excursions booked to go to lounge, see Concierge with info, and Concierge would communicate it to private operators on Canaries. Well, our Concierge wasn't doing that no matter what CD said, thank you so much. We were told to go tell CD ourselves, and have CD find another solution.

4. Would not arrange for ship to take delivery of a package. 

I like the lounge because I am a very early riser and my husband is not.  I can go in there and have coffee and read my ipad.  It's also close to the laundry room so I might start some laundry.  Also, I can grab some bottled water for the room.  I agree the concierge is not very helpful.

Can’t speak for Shawnino’s experiences.

I enjoy going into the Lounges, on sea days, to catch up on world news by reading the various available newspapers. The two Lounges often have the best WiFi to be found on the ships, but even there it’s not predictable.

I am not sure the qualifications of the Lounge hosts. They are not private Travel Agents, however. I’ve heard negative comments from other Lounge users about the hostess not being able, or helpful, in setting up shore tours in some remote port. That host young probably knows less about the port than the cruiser and will have to do the exact same thing the cruiser would, google it. 

Being upset with the concierge because their computers works no better better than yours does not resolve issues. 

Not it sure what their job description entails just believe that many of the requests they get are far beyond their capabilities and experience.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StanandJim said:

This answer is for the Executive Lounge, but I believe that it applies to both Lounges.

The snacks change as the day progresses; typically Danish and pastries in the morning followed by something like pretzels or cookies and trays of bite sized sandwiches in the afternoons, then cheese based hors d'oeuvre type things alternating  with cookies in the evening. 

Apples and bananas were often (but not always) available on a seperate counter 

Small point, but slightly irritating that they remove all hors d'oeuvres from the Concierge Lounge about 5:55 p.m., so if I want to go in and have a soft drink and a small snack prior to even a slightly late dinner, that option is gone.

28 minutes ago, edgee said:

Small point, but slightly irritating that they remove all hors d'oeuvres from the Concierge Lounge about 5:55 p.m., so if I want to go in and have a soft drink and a small snack prior to even a slightly late dinner, that option is gone.

I imagine that is because they don't want to compete with the bars which are also serving hors d'oeuvres at those hours.  

7 hours ago, edgee said:

So what are those hors d'oeuvres?  I'm just betting that we're not going to do real dining every night.

22 minutes ago, clo said:

So what are those hors d'oeuvres?  I'm just betting that we're not going to do real dining every night.

They are very light bites, and a very limited selection, certainly nothing that one could make a meal out of.

As an option to the dining room, seeing as you are not in a Suite where nightly hors d'oeuvre are provided,, I would suggest  the cheese plate from room service, which is quite good

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

They are very light bites, and a very limited selection, certainly nothing that one could make a meal out of.

As an option to the dining room, seeing as you are not in a Suite where nightly hors d'oeuvre are provided,, I would suggest  the cheese plate from room service, which is quite good

That brings up another question.  Can one take a couple of items from one of the non-specialty venues back to their cabin?  We'll be in a concierge room so probably just better to order room service?

23 minutes ago, clo said:

That brings up another question.  Can one take a couple of items from one of the non-specialty venues back to their cabin?  We'll be in a concierge room so probably just better to order room service?

I've seen people running down the hallways with plates but they always look sheepish and embarrassed.

Apart from anything else, it isn't easy to push elevator buttons or manipulate key cards with full plates in hand.

Room Service, on the Other hand, is an Oceania strong point, and it is effortless.  👍

Our Concierge was very helpful in printing out our boarding pass on one of our cruises.  Don't remember which one.  Guess it all depends on the individual.  Sounds like yours, Shawnino, didn't want to be bothered.

As said above, the concierge in the lounge is mostly a lounge host so go to the head concierge in the lobby for usually very good concierge services.  Get a concierge cabin instead of a veranda cabin for the location or for a well priced upgrade not for the concierge services and snacks available in the lounge.  The time we had a concierge cabin (as an upgrade!), the other 3 I was traveling with enjoyed watching world cup soccer matches there with a small group.

27 minutes ago, tvmovielover said:

As said above, the concierge in the lounge is mostly a lounge host so go to the head concierge in the lobby for usually very good concierge services.  Get a concierge cabin instead of a veranda cabin for the location or for a well priced upgrade not for the concierge services and snacks available in the lounge.  The time we had a concierge cabin (as an upgrade!), the other 3 I was traveling with enjoyed watching world cup soccer matches there with a small group.

Only speaking to the O-build ships, Concierge Class-A is heavily on 9, with Balcony Class-B heavily on 7-8.

Most of the time, the cabins are indistinguishable, A from B. (There are exceptions.)

Location a little closer to the bottom, in theory, should actually be superior in re: Ocean Motion.

It's one of the quirky things about cruise ships: "the more you pay, the more you sway".  

3 hours ago, tvmovielover said:

Also, if you are fussy about dining times in specialty restaurants (eg. wanting reservations for early tables for 2) Concierge class earlier booking window helps make those possible.

11 hours ago, clo said:

I believe  Concierge cabins can still order from the GDR menu for lunch & dinner

rather than trying to schlep  the food  back to your cabin

• Like 1