Symphony of the Seas past Guest Questions

Hi:

Does anyone have the Cruise Compasses from a past Eastern Itinerary on Symphony of the Seas? 

Also, is it true that if you are scheduled to dine at 5:30pm, the doors close at 5:45pm and you can't get in to eat?  Your asked to dine at the Windjammer or at another restaurant for dinner, has anyone heard about this?    Thanks,

Nae

Depends. Are you MTD or traditional? I wouldn’t think that it would be an issue either way if you are 15 minutes late. 

Symphony is is on the Royal app and all dining, activities, etc can be located in there. 

Happy cruising. 

Ourusualbeach - Wow!   Thank you so much!  

37645  -  Traditional 5:30 seating in the Main Dining Room?  Someone heard the doors close and asked me.  Thank you!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nae418 said:

Ourusualbeach - Wow!   Thank you so much!  

37645  -  Traditional 5:30 seating in the Main Dining Room?  Someone heard the doors close and asked me.  Thank you!!!

I think that most experienced cruisers would be very happy if this happened, but it doesn't.   Those who are late throw off the service for all the tables that these servers have.  

they don't close the doors although most wish they would. Traditional dining has a set time because the wait staff can bring each course all at once. If you know some people are going to be late I would suggest MTD for all of you.

11 hours ago, nae418 said:

Hi:

Does anyone have the Cruise Compasses from a past Eastern Itinerary on Symphony of the Seas? 

Also, is it true that if you are scheduled to dine at 5:30pm, the doors close at 5:45pm and you can't get in to eat?  Your asked to dine at the Windjammer or at another restaurant for dinner, has anyone heard about this?    Thanks,

Nae

Doors are not closed during dining operations.  I've seen Pax come to the MDR 30-45 minutes late and had no problem being served.  Closing of doors was the normal operating procedures when I began cruising in the 60's.

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Doors are not closed during dining operations. 

I think a more accurate statement would be that the doors are not locked, but I've seen them closed somewhat recently - it certainly does not prevent anyone from coming or going at any time. Like the dress code, traditional dining time is a "suggestion".